Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raising of Govardhana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Let me continue now.

Seva Prakar In Raja Ambrish’s Palace

There took place the Patutsav of Shri Dwarkadhis Prabhu in the grand spacious temple constructed in the premises of the king Ambrish’s palace at Abu- Nagar.

Unnatibhen, Palnaji, Sitalji I know you want to know what is Patotsav right ? so let me tell you in short

Patutsav According to the Vedas, When Shri Thakurji is placed on the sinhasan for the first time, the occasion is celebrated with grandeur, not once but every year, and this celebration/utsav is know as Patutsav.

So vaishnavs when you get your Shri Thakurji pusht for Gruha seva you can celebrate that day as Patutsav.

Now what is Dwitiya Patotsava

Falgun Vad 2nd, is called as the Dwitiya Patotsava. the vrajbhaktas and vrajangana’s along with prabhu plays alaukik vasant-phaag in the kunj-nikunj doing alaukik leelas, but after the utsava of Dol-Utsava Gopijans felt immense taap bhaav. So to remain all the 8 pahars in the saanidhya of shriprabhuji, this dwitiya paatotsava (gupta leela no utsav) they celebrated in Van , where The gopijans did the decoration to sinhasan (seat)with phool-mandali and did padhramani of Prabhu. And prabhu, very dayalu, to eliminate the viharibhaav for their gopijans, and fulfill the manoraths, did this leela in Van........

Since then the king and all his queens used to perform seva of Shri Thakurji everyday.
They used to prepare different items of Samagri themselves for seva. About one and a quarter mound (30kgs) of powder of pepper was used daily. Shri Thakurji is offered pepper in place of chilies due to Balbhav. (Shri Thakurji being young child)

Now think when 30kgs of pepper was used daily, what number of items of Samagri would be prepared and in what quantity? Sweets were separately prepared.

The king thought when Shri Thakurji accepts these much quantities of Samagri, the Prasad should be available to one and all, hence He sent a message to the whole city, from today, nobody should lighten their stoves and nobody should cook in their houses. All will get Mahaprasad everyday twice.

The Mahaprasad of Shri Thakurji was distributed very nicely to the whole town. All used to take the Prasad satisfactorily and eventhen, there was surplus Prasad. King ordered, “ All the cattle in the town also be fed Prasad. All cattle in the town also used to eat Prasad”.

Thus king Ambarish with the help of his queens performed seva of Shri Thakurji (Dwarkesh Prabhu) for many years, bodily, mentally, and wealth wise Shri Thakurji was very pleased with Him.

There was no trouble in his Kingdom state as Shri Thakurji protected it from all evils with His Sudarshan Chakra. All the people lived peacefully. King used to pass most of his time in seva.

Everyday the King only used to only think about His Shri Thakurji and how to keep Him more and more happy. He used to discuss same with his queens (Tan, Mun, Dhan totally in seva The only way one can reach Mansi )

One day Shri Dwarkadhish Prabhu advised the king “ You are a vaishnav. Vaishnav should observe vrat of Ekadashi day. So you should also observe it.”

The king was pleased. He decided that for observing Ekadashi Vrat, He should go to Mathura along with Shri Thakurji for one year. There on the banks of Shri Yamunaji, if this vrat is observed it will be better. Shri Yamunaji is the queen of devotion and with Her Krupa –Obligation; he would have firm devotion of Shri Thakurji.

Thinking this, King Ambarish arranged to construct grand accommodation for his family as well as Shri Thakurji’s stay in Mathura.

Next will continue with what happened in Mathura.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

thankyou vasantji for the beautiful stories. this one is really great . thankyou very much. Smile
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Agreed with Kavitaji, immensly enjoying the stories please do continue

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thank you Kavitaji and Sitalji that makes me happy atleast you two are enjoying it.

King Ambarish came to Mathura with whole of his family along with Lord Shri Dwarkadhish. He settled in the palace built on the bank of Shri Yamunaji. He made it a rule to observe the fast on every month Ekadashis . The king and the queens all started this as a rule.

On those Ekadashi days all used to bath in Shri Yamunaji and worship Shri Yamunaji as per the precedent. They also gave donations to Brahmins.This way they performed seva of Shri Thakuji also with great pleasure. They also donated several cows to Brahmins and also gave them Bhojans. The King used to engross all his time in seva.

Then once the King observed a three day fast and at the end of the fast The King took the permission from all the Brahmins and went to the palace to undo his fast. At that time only, Durvasa Muni came to meet the King as a guest. The King received him as per precedent, bowed down with both his hands and requested him " Maharaj, please join us for meals."

Rushi Durvasa said " Hey king, you are a true devotee of God. I have heard much aboiut you. I am very much satisfied with your respectful behaviour. But I have still to do my daily Jup- Path. So please I will take my meals only after I do that and I still have to take my bath in SHri Yamunaji, then do my Jup and Path and then will return and join you.

Saying this Rushi Durvasa went to the bank of Shri Yamunaji, and took his bath in Shri Yamunaji and sat for the jup of Gayatri Mantra. He got so much engrossed in his prayers and completely forgot his promise and time was passing by and hence it was getting late.

In the meantime King Ambarish was worried in the palace, because it was only 24 minutes left to end the fast on this day. Also he must undo the fast during that time otherwise he may not be favoured with the obligations of his fasts. Now the question was how can the King undo his fasts without feeding the Rishi and his guests?

So the king immediately called the Brahmins and put forward the question " You all advice me that how should I undo my fast without harming any guests.

All Brahimins spoke among themselves and agreed on following

You please can undo your fast by only drinking the water and the guests should not be dishonoured and your vrat will also not be broken.

The king was confused and puzzled how can he do this as Duvasa Muni was a very spiritual brahmin and did not want to hurt him and requested for an explanation.

All Brahmins unanimously said, Hey king, the rule for taking water is such that for one who fasts without water, taking water is as good as taking meals (this is on Nirjaal ekadashi)

But for those who fast with taking fruits etc, taking water is not equivalent to taking food. So if you take water without feeding the guests, it cannot be told to have taken food. So you can take water."

The King thought this twice but must do what the Brahmins told him so he just did that. Then He sat praying to Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu and waited for Durvasa Muni. After some more time Durvasa Muni came, the King welcomed Him but the Muni with his yogic powers came to know that the King has already undone his fasts and he did not wait for the Muni.

So Durvasa Muni became very very angry. As such Durvasa is the ancesstor (great son) of anger. Over and above, when the Brahmin guest has not eaten anything and the king has undone his fasts, how can he bear it? He went outright in rage and anger.

The king stood bowing his hands. Rishi angrily shouted " You have gone very proud of yourselves and also proved to be cruel on having so much wealth. I thought and understood that you were a great vaishnava and a true devotee but you have proved to be a non vaishnav and non devotee of Lord Vishnu."

You have started misunderstanding yourself as God. Though I am your guest, you have undone yours fasts without offering me food.

Hence you should be punished right now.

Will continue soooooooooooooon.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Oh Dear, what happened next please............................?

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
Yese please do continue......(i feel bad for the king now, he only did what he was told Sad )

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Yes Palnaji and Sitalji I am glad you are enjoying it.

Durvasi Muni saying this , He opened his bundled hair on his head and threw those hair. There appeared one Krutya from it. Its name was Kalagni. It took Khadag in its hands and rushed towards the king with anger. With its movements, the earth started to vibrate.

But the king did not get disturbed at all. He stood firm with full faith and trust in his God holding the Sudarshan Chakra. Sudarshanji always remained with the king to protect him. That Sudarshanji got angry and burnt away the Krutya.

Seeing this, Durvasa ran to save his soul. Sudarshan Chakra went after him. Again and again Durvasa saw behind and ran. Sudarshan Chakra was seen like a big fire ball.

At last Rishi Durvasa hid himself in a cave of Sumeru mountain. Sudarshan Chakra reached there also. So he started running all around, but he found difficult to save himself. He went to hid himself in the ocean and from there to Patal lok but the Sudarshan Chakra was right behind as it followed him everywhere he went. So he decided to go to Swarga- Lok it still followed.

So nobody was willing to protect Him from the Sudarshan Chakra. At last the Rishi Durvasa went in Brahma Lok. He requested Brahmaji to protect him. Brahmaji also said it is not possible.

So He went to Mahadevji for protection even Mahadevji told him that it is beyond my control to save you and nobody can save you but you can still try and go to God who is the owner of Sudarshan Chakra. So he went to Vaikunth Lok to God. He prostrated down in his feet and told trembling, “ Hey God please save me and forgive me for the offence . I have become the offender to your devotee. Please give me a chance to repent”.

God said smilingly, “ Durvasa in this matter, I cannot do anything. I am dependent on my devotee so I am not independent. I cannot remain without my devotees as they are within me and I am within them. I do not care even for Laxmiji without my devotee.

This devotee has left his body, home, family, wealth, and soul also for me, So how can I leave him? My sole devotees perform my seva and they do not even wish to have Moksha.. Hey Durvasa there is only one way for your protection. You go and request Raja Ambarish on whom the offence has been committed and now you are under the punishment..

You should never show your power to my devotee as same power is out now to burn you so please go to the king and ask for forgiveness. I can only bless you and I am for sure he will forgive you as he is kind and my true devotee. I am for sure you will be happy and free as only with orders form Raja Ambarish this sudarshan will calm down.

At last Durvasa went to King Ambarish. He just bows down to his feet. The king got him up and said, “Hey Munivar why do you bow me? Please get up and do not put me to such a sin.” You are an ardent vaishnav a brahmin and a Maha Rishi So please tell me what service I can do for you. Then Durvasa Muni told the king the whole story and immediately the king worshipped the Sudarshan and requested to please calm down.

Sudarshan immediately respected the king and did exactly as told. Thus Durvasa Muni got saved.

Will be continued.

unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh

Vasantiji, i heard this story many times but never enjoyed so beautifully.
now waiting for the next............. Smile
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Unnatiji I am happy to know you are enjoying it so let me continue,

After King Ambarish his sons took over the seva of Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu with lot of faith. All his sons became the devotees and loved God truly.
While King Ambarish when he died he got Moksha as the fruit of his seva.

In the family of king Ambarish the seva of Shri Dwarkadhish Prabhu continued for many years. Then Shri Dwarkadhish Prabu went to the Ashram of Vasistha Muni, the family priest of king Ambarish.

The Ashram of Vashistha Muni is at mount Abu which is well known even today.

Vashishtha Rushi requested Shri Thakurji " Maharaj you are the chief of crores of Brahmand and are capable of doing everything. Your Leelas and achievements are innumerable. Whomever, You bless, can only know your image a little. At the King's place , you may be offered lot of things, but in my hut of leaves (Parnakuti) I have only Tulsipatra to offer you."

On hearing this request from Vashistha Rishi, Shri Thakurji smiled and said : " At your place I am happy with Tulsipatra".

Vashistha Muni bowed down and did dandwat to God. He started serving Him everyday as shown in the Vedas. Thus Shri Prabhu stayed there in the hut of Vashistha Muni for a long time (many number of years)

This is the story from SATYAYUG.

Then Came TRETAYUG so dear vallabhi vaishnavs can you now tell who was the next to do the seva of Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu.?

Last edited by Vasant Punjabi on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I am not sure if this is correct but heard that Shri Ram did his seva in Ayodhya?

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Vasantji, please continue.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Yes please do....

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thank you Unnatiji, Palnaji and Sitalji lets continue

Then came Tretayug. In Tretayug King Dashrath was the king of Ayodhya we are now talking about Raghu vansh. One day their family priest Vasistha Muni came to meet King Dashrath of course the King welcomed him and also washed his feet. Then the Rishi gave him sermons about Bhakti (Devotion). He also narrated him all the facts of the King Ambarish and Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu and how he used to do the seva.

Hearing all this the bij bhav of King Dashrath increased and he immediately fell on the feet of the Rishi and requested please, please “ Gurudev “oh dear Vasistha Muni please give me that idol of Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu which is birajmaan at your place as I like to do seva of that swaroop the way King Ambarish did.

Now Sitalji hope you understood how King Dashrath got the swaroop.

Vashistha Muni finally agreed to make the king happy and he knew even Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu will be very happy in the palace of King Dashrath. As his own Ashram was very small and not that comfortable for the Lord.

One day arrived when King brought the image (idol) of Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu from the Muni’s Ashram at Mount Abu to Ayodhya in his palace.

There, queen Kaushalya of King Dashrath started to perform seva. King Dashrath and Kaushalya wished to have a son so that he could continue the family string. So they both used to pray daily and also request Thakurji to bless them with a son. Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu is very dayalu as we know so he heard their prayers and told them I am very happy with your bhakti bhav and devotion and requested the queen “ You get done the Putrakamesti Aswamedh Yagna through your family priest Vashistha Muni and as a result you will have a son.”

The queen was so pleased that she requested the king to immediately do what Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu had told her and we will definitely be blessed with a son.

The king also was so pleased that he immediately requested his men to arrange for the coming of Shri Vashistha Muni and do exactly he requests so a big Yagna can take place.

Vasishtha Muni prepared for the big Yagna as all arrangements were already done by the king after the yagna was over we all know that he was blessed with the amrut (Fruit) from the yagna which was given to all the three queens and we know the King was not blessed with one but four sons so Unnatiji and all what were their names and who was the eldest?

Also who was the next to do Shri Dwarkesh Prabhu’s seva.?

Last edited by Vasant Punjabi on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

The names of the four sons of King Dasharath were Shri Ram, Lakshman, Bharat and Shatrugna.

And Shri Ram was the elder son of King Dasharath .
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Yes Unnatiji you got that part correct.

Now will wait for the other half of the question and I am sure Sitalji or other vaishnav should get it soon too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: