Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shri Yamunaji Explained
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhavikpatel
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Shri Yamunaji Explained Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,
I found great information on Shri Yamuna on the web on Shri Yamunaji:

to listen to Yamunashtake click here and download:
http://www.haveli.org/music/Yamunashtaka.mp3

Shri Yamunaji is of utmost importance in pushtimarg, each and every vaishnav must at least have primary information regarding Shri Yamunaji.Shri Yamunaji starts from mount Kalinda in Madhya Pradesh state (province) in India and merges into the Ganga (Ganges) in Allahabad,near Varanasi.

According to the ethics of Pushti Sampradaya,Shri Yamunaji helps the Vaishanvas to reach Shri Thakorji.In our lives if a child is crying for playing with toys then his mother will divert his attention and take him to his father,in the same way Shri Yamunaji takes the vaishnava (child) who is tempted by this world (toy) to Shri Takorji (father).She is the one who puts the word to Shri Thakorji and on hearing her advice Shri Thakorji accepts a vaishnava as his own and liberates him from this world,this is the main reason why the vaishnavas give so much importance to Shri Yamunaji.

According to the ehtics of Pushtimarg Shri Yamunaji is looked at from 3 angles by her vaishanavas viz.

Adhi-Bhautik : The river that flows in Mathura,Vrindavan,Gokul, etc.

Adhyatmik : The one that gives boon and washes away the sins of the vaishnavas.

Adhi-Daivik : The real swaroop of Shri Yamunaji(One of the main queens of Shri Thakorji)

We will not go into the full details of all the three different angles but would like to state that all the three angles are one and the same.The vaishnavas believe that Shri Yamunaji washes away their sins and takes them closer to shriji and that is why they do puja of shri Yamunaji on their visits to Mathura or it's adjoining areas.The vaishanavas also do Yamuna paan (drink water) of Shri Yamunaji because they believe that the pure water (spiritually speaking) of Shri Yamunaji will make their soul pure whereby they will get a chance to do the sewa of Shri Thakorji.It is a known fact that one when one does Yamuna paan with due respect his soul gets pure and he does not have to go to Yamlok (hell).

Even Shri Mahaprabhuji has sung the praise of Shri Yamunaji in "Shri Yamunashtakam".Shri Maharapbhuji has shown the real swaroop of Shri Yamunaji in the stotra.

From where does Shri Yamunaji originate ?

Mount Kalinda.

Which are the 3 angels from which the vaishnavas look at Shri Yamunaji ?

(1)Adhi-Bhautik. (2) Adhyatmik. (3) Adhi-Daivik.

Which stotra has been written by Shri Mahaprabhuji to show the real swaroop of Shri Yamunaji ?

Shri Yamunashtakam.

What is Yamuna paan ?

Drinking Shri Yamunaji's water three times with due respect to her.

SHREE YAMUNASHTAKAM

Introduction:

In V.S. 1548 at the age of 13 years, Shri Mahaprabhuji arrived in mathura during his first global tour; he resided at Vishram Ghat on the bank of Yamuna river. At this time he form Shri Yamunastakam, which describes Shri Yamunaji’s divine description in "Pruthvi Chhand."

In Yamunastakam’s first eight shlokas, Shri Mahaprabhuji describes Shri Yamunaji’s eight fold powers, its divine & wonderful idol and her divine qualities. Shri Yamunaji is the daughter of divine Sun. Her purpose for coming to earth from heaven through Kalind mountain is to bless her devotees. Her physical state as a river is also very attractive and charming. She is so kind that even she blessed evil spirited people. Shri Yamunaji blessed her devotees with eight fold powers. If some evil person, drinks water from Yamuna river to quench thirst, she blessed that person also. So, if we pray her with knowledge and understanding, we should not be surprised if she blessed us also. One of the example from Shri Mahaprabhuju’s 84 Vaishnavas, is of Kishoribai. Kishoribai was chanting only two lines from Yamunastakam with full faith. Shri Yamunaji blessed Kishoribai with all divine fruits.

Namami Yamuna Maham, Sakal Siddhi Hetum Muda,
Murari Padpankaj Sfuradamand, Renootkatam,
Tatastha Nav Kanana, Prakat Mod Pushpambunaa,
Suraa Sursu Poojitaha, Smara Pituh Shri yambibhrateem

Shri Yamunaji is capable of giving all kind of achievements. This first shloka describes the physical state of the river. Its both banks are full of glittering sand, which is believed to be as soft as lotus feet of Shri Murari Prabhu (Shri Krishna.) Also, there are various kind of gardens of the both banks of the river. The river water is full of scent due to flowers of the garden. Shri Yamunaji is also worshipped by two kinds of vraj devotees. I bow to above described Shri Yamunaji with my full love and devotion. She is capable of giving fulfillment of all the desires of the devotee in enjoying God’s love.

Kalind Girimastake, Pata Damand Poorojjwalaa,
Vilas Gamanollasat, Prakatgand Shailonnata,
Sagoshagantidantura, Samadhiroodh Dolottama,
Mukund Rati Vardhinee, Jayati Padma Bandhoho Suta

In this shloka, Shri Mahaprabhuji describes that how Shri Yamunaji can bless her devotees to increase their love towards Shri Mukund Prabhu. Also, Shri Mahaprabhuji describes the physical existence of Yamunaji as river. It flows enthusiastically from the top of Kalind mountain. The water appears to be as milk because of the force and twirls. It seems like Shri Yamunaji is very eager to go in Vraj and meet Shri Krishna. It also gives impression as Shri Yamunaji is swinging in best king of jhula. Shri Yamunaji is a daughter of Sun and victories.

Bhuvam Bhuvana Pawaneem, Adhigatamane Kashwanaihi,
Priyabhiriva Sevateam, Shuka Mayur Hansadibhihi,
Tarang Bhuj Kankana, Prakat muktikavaluka,
Nitambtat Sundareem, Namat Krushna Turya Priyam.

Whenever Shri Yamunaji comes to earth from heaven, she blessed the whole globe. All living beings including birds like Parrot, Peacock, Hansas(Swans) serves Shri Yamunaji. Shri Mahaprabhuji visualize glittering sand as her bengal’s pearls and waves of water as beautiful divine hands of Shri Yamunaji. From the birds eye view, Shri Yamunaji appears as beautiful with both the banks with glamourous sand and river full of water. She is favorite fourth queen of Shri Krishna. And Shri Mahaprabhuji asks us to bow her.

Anant Gunbhusite, Shiva Viranchi Devastute,
Ghanaghan Nibhe Sada, Dhruva Parasharaa Bhistade,
Vishuddha Mathura Tate, Sakal Gopgopi Vrute,
Krupa Jaladhi Sanshrite, Mama Manha Sukham Bhavayah.

In this shloka, Shri Mahaprabhuji describes the prayer to Shri Yamuna Maharani. O! Shri Yamunaji, you are having infinite divine qualities. Even, Gods like Shiv, Brahama praises you. You are capable of granting wishes to devotees like Dhruv and Parasher. There are holy pilgrim places like Mathura is on your banks. You are always with gopi’s and gopijans and you are always protected by blessings of Shri Krishna. O! Shri Yamunaji, I wish that you give me such a blessing that it gives peace and happiness to my mind. Chanting this shloka with pure and honest heart gives tremendous mental peace and eternal happiness.

Yaya Charan Padmajaa, Muraripoho Priyam Bhavuka,
Samaagamanto Bhavet, Sakal Siddhida Sevatam,
Taya Sadrushtamiyat, Kamalja Spatnee Vayat,
Hari Priya Kalindaya, Mansi Mesada Stheeyatam.

Shri Gangaji evolved from the lotus feet of Shri Bhagavan. Shri Gangaji became holy and pious due to merging with Shri Yamunaji at Triveni Sangam in Allhabad, India. Shri Yamunaji made Shri Gangaji capable of giving all achievements to the serving devotees. Only Shri Laxmiji is equal and comparable to Shri Yamunaji. I wish that this type of Shri Yamunaji, who can take all worries of her devotees and who is also favorite to Shri Krishna, come and stay in my heart and soul forever.

Namostu Yamune Sada, Tav Charitra Matyadbhutam,
Na Jaatu Yam Yatna, Bhavati Te Payaha Panatha,
Yamopi Bhaginee Sutan, Kathamuhanti Dushtanpi,
Priyobhavati Sevanaat, Tav Hareryutha Gopikaha.

O! Shri Yamunaji, I bow to you with my full body and heart. Your divine character is very wonderful. Just by drinking your water in Vraj, we do not have to worry about painful death. Your devotees can become favorite to Shri Krishna just like gopijanas who became favorite by doing "Katyani Vrat." Vrat means fasting.

Mamastu Tav Sannidhau, Tanu Navatvam Etavata,
Na Durlabhatama Rati, Muraripau Mukundpriye,
Atostu Tav Lalna, Surdhunee Param Sangamaat,
Tavaiv Bhuvi Keertita, Na Tu Kadapi Pushti Sthitaihi.

O! Shri Yamunaji, who is favorite of Shri Mukund Prabhu, I pray to you to give me divine body which can be used in Shri Bhagvad Leela and also to serve you. Only you are capable of doing so. With such a divine body, I can serve Shri Mukund Prabhu very well. Pushti Margiya vaishnavas (Jivas) had never praised Shri Gangaji without your merging with Shri Gangaji.

Stutim Tava Karotikaha, Kamal Ja Sapatni Priye,
Harer Yadanu Sevaya, Bhavati Saukhya Mamoxataha,
Iyam Tav Kathadhika, Sakal Gopika Sangamsmara,
Shramaja Lunibhi, Sakalgatra Jaihi Sangamaha.

O! Shri Yamunaji, you are like Shri Laxmiji, who has good fortune. But no one is capable of praising you, because any one serving God first and then Shri Laxmiji gets all happiness after death also. But the importance of Shri Yamunaji is the best. Here Shri Maha Prabhuji explains the exaltation of soul through "Ras-Lila." By serving Shri Yamunaji we get blessing from her, which is helpful in exalting our soul and making pious. As we wash our body from outside to make it look pretty, we need to have blessings in form of Shri Yamunaji’s river water to wash our soul and body from within. Due to her blessings our mind and thoughts becomes favorable to serve Shri Krishna.

Tavashtak Midam Muda, Pathati Soorsootesada,
Samasta Duritak Shayo, Bhavati Vai Mukunde Ratihi,
Taya Sakal Siddhayo, Murari Puscha Santushyati,
Swabhav Vijayo Bhavet, Vadati Vallabh Shree Harehe.

O! Shri Yamunaji! Whoever always sings this eight hymns of Shri Yamunastak with happiness and pleasure, will get following fruits.

All the sins of person will be destroyed by virtue of her blessings.

The devotee will be definitely spurred for love towards Shri Krishna.

Due to this love towards Shri Krishna, devotee can achieve all the goals and his soul will be exalted towards the supreme Shri Krishna.

Moreover it changes the nature of the soul for the cause of exaltation and endearment to God. It also purifies mind and senses, to enjoy pure love of God. It also imports fitness of body to serve Shri Krishna.
[/url]
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shre Krishna,
Thank you ever so much Bhavikji, the info you provided was great help in clarifying a few confusions. Very Happy Whilst studying the Yumunastakam in friday satangs i have found that as helpful as this translation is, it just simply not give Maya the justice she deserves, and Mahabrubuji's words have so much depth and mening them that this i feel this would be described as the most basic of basic translations. would you agree??

JAI SHREE KRISHNA!! Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK

Palnaji I completely agree with you, so what do you say shall we start discussing the Yamunastak word by word on Satsang Tibari?

Pusthidasji has kindly taught us at satsang the meaning of every divine word within the Yamunastak and its absolutely amazing.

Ill start of with the first word

Namami= I bow to you with my mind heart soul and body

JSK
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well, Sitalji, did you say word by word? Well here it is:

Naam = to bow
Ami = I am

So namami mean I bow to thee !
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna!

This is really exciting I can't wait!!! but I am also a 100% perecent sure that we also will not be able to do justice to the exquisiteness of the Yamunastakam and Pushtidasji's phenomenal satsung teachings, so we ask forgiveness in advance Pushtidasji and other lovely vaishnavs!
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Lol, Thankyou for correcting me Pusthidasji couldnt even get the first word right but Im still going to carry on and try. Friday satsang vaishnavs I need some help here! Dont be stingy with your knowledge and help me here please Rolling Eyes Yes Trushnaji you are absolutely right so im apologising to Pusthidaji in advance 2!

Namani: I bow to thee

Yamuna: Shree Yamuna Maharani

Aham: I am

Sakal: Global

Sidhi: Luck, Strenght, Moksh

He tu: Purpose ( Not too sure about this translation)

Muda: Pure Love (admiration)

JSK

Sital
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Is it my turn now?

Muraripadpankaj:= Shri Krishna's Lotus Feet.
sfurat : = enhanced beauty
amand := plenty
renu : = sand
utkatam := excessive
tatashtah = on the bank
navkaman = beautiful forests
prakat = manifesting
moda = gives happiness
pushpam = fragrance of flowers
ambuna = fallen in the water
surasur = with demi Gods and demons
supujit = one who is worshipped truly
smarpitu = Kamdev's father's
shriyam = beauty
bibhratim = shines

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Yey, Thankyou Vasantji, ill do the next one:

Kalinda: Name of Mountain

Giri: Mountain

Mastake: Top of the mountain

Patadamande: Summit

Purojvalla: Cascades

Vilas gamna Lasat: Hapiness, she is going to meet sme1 special, she is going crazy with hapiness, her heart is beating

Prakat: Publicise that she is going to meet Krishna

Gound: Dalliance, emotion of pleasure

Shailonta: Rocks, Pathar, Stones

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAI JAI SHRI GOKULESH TO ALL VAISHNAV'S

NOW I WILL TRY,

SAGHOSH : SWEET VOICE

GATI : SPEED

DANTURA : EXCITING (ROMANCHIT)

SAMAADHIRUDH : VERY BEAUTIFULLY HAD A SEAT(SAARI RITE BIRAJELA)

DOL : ON SWING (PALKI/ JULA)

UTTAMA : BEST (UTTAM)

MUKUNDRATI : LOVE FOR LORD MUKUND (BHAGWAN MUKUND PRATYA NI PRITI)

VARDHINI : WHO INCLUDES (VADHARNARA)

JAYATI : GET SUCCESS (JAI PAME CHE)

PADMA BANDHO : FRIEND OF LOTUS, LORD SUN

SUTTA : DAUGHTER YAMUNAJI.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

UNNATI KADAKIA
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thankyou Unnatiji, thats lovely

Just wanted to add a few descriptions to the first half of that line that Pusthidasji has taught us in Satsang

Shaghosh Gati Dantura:

She is in such a rush and doesnt want to stop. She is in a hurry to see krishna and when she is in this state she makes a lot of noise with her Paayal

Samandhi Rudha Dolotamma

The waves are swaying upwards and downwards Shree Yamunaji is sitting in a Doli eager to see her Groom.

JSK

Last edited by Sital on Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Sorry, I cant wait am going to carry on with the next line Laughing

Bhuvam: Earth

Bhuvan: Universe

Pavani: Purification

The one who has the power to purify the whole Universe has come down to purify the earth.

Madhigata : The one who comes down

Ane: Anek, Varieties

Kasvanaih: Different types of souls on earth

She who has to ability to purify the whole Universe comes down for the various souls

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thank you sheetalji for sharing a part of your knowledge and explaining me. Very Happy

Unnati Kadakia
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Loving the translation so far! Thank You vaishnavs, your really making it easier for people to understand Very Happy (especially me hehehe)

JAI SHREE KRISHNA!!! Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Hey Sitalji, how come you forgot me it was my turn as I am a member of Toofani Masati group and if I dont participate our captain Inaxibhen is just waiting for a chance to tie me up as punishment for not participating. Cool

Palnaji how come you also forgot to knock my door? Rolling Eyes

Well lets continue

Priyabhiriv = like dear friends
sevitam = is worshipped
shuk-mayoor-hans-adhibi = parrot, peacock, swan etc
tarang-bhuj-kankan = waves like bangles
prakat-muktika-valuka = sands shining like pearl bangles
nitamba-tat-sundarim =the two banks are her two thighs
namat = bow in homage to
Krishna-turya-priyam = Lord Krishna's fourth beloved.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

very nice explanations. i am enjoying very much as if sri yamunajis sakshat darshan hota hai. sri yamunaji ki kripa aparampar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: