Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOPI-GEET in English
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: GOPI-GEET in English Reply with quote

||Vandai Nandvrajstina padrenumnhikshanasaha ||

(I bow to the Charan raj of Vraj-woman-folks)

Before we indulge in the Gopi Geet itself, we should look at the background of Gopi-Geet. The epic of Shree Bhagvatji is very much in our, specially vaishnavs life. This alokik granth has Fal Prakran

(Shreemad Bhagwatji is divided into various Parts to segregate the events and all the events which related or inter twinned into each others are combined so one can follow it with ease and teh understanding is enhanced)

Here in Fal Pakran it is said that this Part of Shreemad Bhagvatji imbibes into various events where mostly in the end of the event one receives rightful reward called fal. This fal pakrans are again divided into small collections of events depicting similar fals and as per events a seperate chapter is deviced. These chapters are called Adhiyaya.

So In Shreemad Bhagwad ji's Fal Pakran and from Adhiyaya number 26 to 32, Shree Ved Vyasji is describing that alokik and Nishkam Bhava leela. And one of the leela described is Raas Leela. In 28thh Adhiyaya we read about Shree Gopi-Geet.
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

thanks a lot for writing few lines about sri gopi geet in english. we are watching gopi geet on channel astha and its fresh in our minds. the bhavas of gopis are extremely deep and very emotional. to understand the meaning of each and every word is really difficult. its difficult for me to absorb the bavas of sri gopis. please explain further in simple english. thanks a lot for your help.

kavita.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

This will be a very interesting prasang thanks for bringing it up Pushtidasji.

I just have few words to say

The Gopis of Vrindavan were deeply infatuated with Shri Krishna. He took it upon Himself to further improve their character by ridding them of self elavation and pride and instilling in them a deep sense of Bhakti-Devotion.

He also felt that it could only come about when they would feel the pang of seperation from Him and have Him the lone focus of concentration.

It was His desire to introduce them to this experience of ecstatic bhakti through which they would realize that He and they were not seperate.

Then Krishna disappeared. The Gopis utterly distressed at their seperation, sang 19 verses pathetical.

Seeking this deep love Lord Krishna appeared again at the end and made them extremely happy with spiritual bliss.

This is the most emotional and devotion song sung by the Gopis and I am sure Pushtidasji will also describe the varoious types opf Gopis that were present there.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Vasantji by enlighting the result of Gopi-Geet.

Now The Raaspanchadhiyayi is the section of 28th Adhiyaya in which we read the description of the events leading to Maharaas. This Adhiyaya helps to understand the myth and the magic of the Maharaas and also induces the essence of Gopis etymology, the use of the words, source and development of words. It is the use of this knowledge and words makes Gopi Geet very euphonious, that is pleasing to ear.

I personally feel that we would benefit from this Raas panchadhiyayi section and will be able understand why Gopis became so emotional and ginormously unhappy. I hope you will forgive me in pushing the subject into this direction and not jumping straight into Gopi Geet.

Purnapurshottam Shree Krishna decided to take avtar on earth, the avtar was to fulfil Shrutis, Rushimuni's the pleading from Mother Earth, prayers from Brahmaji, Shankarji and many demi gods and goddesses. To fulfil everyones desire, Shree Krishna took the avtar in Sarasvatkalpa (The Yuga) and became Vrajraj (made Vraj as his chosen resident).

As Krishna, He had taken two avtar as Krishna, one as Mathura Sankarshan, in which he imbibed in Pradhuman, Anirudh Vue and second was in Shremad Gokul as Vasudev Vue.

In Gokul, because of the obstacle instigated by Maya, His Pragatiya was kept secret (gupt). In this avtar, the Krishna swaroop which was brought by Shree Vasudevji and the Gokul Swaroop became one and then the Vraj leela was instigated by Him which was fathomless (aprampar)

He set the stage for all his bhakta and gave them "Nish sadhan fal", in this state one become aware of His form and also the awareness in bhakta, in acquiring the state of knowing ones soul and the duties. This was really a preparation leela for all Vrajbhakta, this then prepared them to assimilate into"Raman Leela", the games in which individual bhakta's manorath is fulfilled.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This way Shree Krishna also bestowed two awakening in their (Gopis) life and these were roop-daan and Naam Daan.

The Roop-Daan description is found in first five Adhiyayas and last two adhiyayas indulge in Naam-daan.

What is Roop Daan?

In Raaspanchadhiyaya, a chapter which is solely designated on Bhakti Marga (the Path of grace and service to Krishna) which emphasises the love for krishna, so this chapter is known as Prem Pakran (The Chapter of Love). We are, with substle style of Ved Vyasji, introduced to Gopijans who has acquired Nirodh . These are the Gopis who has been imbibed in Prem Bhakti Ras and had nirodh (stopped there), that is marred for further progress.

To get these Gopis out of this nirodh, there was a sort of hurdle, which had interference of material lust which had all the signs of lokik Kaamdev, and to break this dead-lock Shree Krishna used special arrows which had all the characteristics of Kamdev's (The Cupid's) lokik arrows. These arrows although had the same quality, but instead being the the arrows of material elements, it was putative quality of divine spiritual Kamdev, the Cupid Krishna's characters.

These arrows were :
1. Unmand
2. Tapan
3. Shoshan
4. Stambhan
5. Samohaniya.

In my next posting I will briefly discuss the function of these arrows.

I hope so far everyone has followed this, and if anyone finds difficult to understand please be kind enough to let me know. Your earlier comments will help me the style and flow of the language, so please do post your reaction as and when you want. Feel free.
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Pushtidasji so pleased that you have started this topic, throughly enjoying the introduction. Smile
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAI SHREE KRISHNA

Very much agreed Nirupaji, loving it so far! Thank you Pushtidasji!! Very Happy

JAI SHREE KRISHNA!!! Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I am glad that the introduction is followed by you two. Thanks for nice words Palna and Nirupaji

I hope rest of the silent readers also is following this.

I hope you liked this introduction Kavitaji, hope your TV episodes on Gopi Geet is going well.
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

yes ofcourse pustidasji , the introduction is very nice. thanks very much for your great efforts. very greatful to you. see you.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you everyone including the silent readers and the vaishnavs who are shy to post on Krishnaseva. I have received at least 15 emails on my personal email address and they all like the Gopi Geet and the introduction was appreciated utmost.

Once again thank you all for taking this subject to that peak. Thank you Kavitaji, I hope you are not basking under hot sun of Dubai.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Cupid, the Kamdev, releases this arrow, the effect is strong and it takes the form of boldness (vivak bhrasta) in care free attitude and hunted becomes imbibe into the state of lust and careless towards social structure.

Now, when Shree Krishna walkes into Cupid's defensive domain, Cupid automatically retreats his arrows and makes run for salvation out of the domain where once he was presiding.

Now it is Krishna's turn to use the same arrow. This arrow has similar effect but instead of elixiring the Lokik love, it infuses Alokik (Spiritual) love for Krishna. In this, Shree Krishna induces ras of union and also seperation. But the amazing thing is that this ras of union and seperation forever resides within Krishna. This arrow enhanses Krishna Bhakti Bhava, that is it induces pure bliss in serving Krishna. So when in this divine state, the bhakta becomes "Unmand", a state where one become totally crazy in love with Krishna, the lust and love which bhakta feels is of spiritual level, and in this state Shree Krishna allows these Vrajangnas , a glimpse of His glory, a taste of the priceless elixir, but they become powerless and remains in a state of total awe (alokik karuna).

Bhakti ras na achmanthi unmand ave che, tiyare bhakti vivak bhrasta tobanayej che, parantu teni adhogati thati nathi; unnati thye che

With the sip of Bhakti ras, one gets Unmand, the craze for bhakti and this in turn exilir lust,love and unusual behaviour of madly in love, all this is in the name of Lord Krishna. In this state Krishna protects this unwarrented social behaviour as this behaviour is depicted on a spiritual level.

Now in my next posting I will attempt to indulge in the second arrow and its effect.
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

This is soooooooo goooooooooooooood and the flow is excellent.

Remember Pushtidasji these were your words

Well you and Inaxiji are doing really fine. As far as the gift is concern, satsang is the best gift ever for ardent vallabhi like you and Inaxiji

Hope then this will be our gift as we really appreciate it, but do me a favour make sure the arrows are pointed towards us and we feel the vibration too as we want to imbibe in that rus bhav and we promise to sing more kirtans next month for coming utsavs of Shri Gokulnathji and Param Dayal Shri Gusainji Prabhu ko utasav.

Inaxibhen, and vallabhi vaishnavs please be ready for kirtans of Ashta Sakha which will describe the true Leelas. Ok Pushtidasji, thats all we can do I hope you, Vasantji and all ardent vaishnavs will like it.

Vasantji has already predicted that this topic of yours will get maximum number of hits when completed and He is really enjoying it too.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Sunitaji, as usual you have a very ardent and sweat aproach to all the subjects. Well, I am very infused to hear that Shree Vasantbhai has predicted the aftermath of this topic. He is a real vaishnavs and I have lot of admiration and faith in his opinion. Thanks a lot
Inaxi
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well Sunitaji I think between us we got the gift of life time. The Gopi Geet is my personal favourite and we in satsang on Fridays do vivachan and satsang on this subject. With Pushtidasji all or any subject has to be discussed in detail and he will take us to a peak and make it really worth imbibing.

See here, he was only asked to put the meaning of Gopi Geet and instead he started the topic right from the beginning, well who complains? I am not, but I am still upset because he has now hidden that note book and today I went to Champaran and asked everyone there if they have seen Pushtidasji hiding the book anywhere near the baithakji.

Oh by the way that link on Champaran was so good, Vasantbhai, thank you for the lovely gesture and the darshan. A gift or what?

Sunitaji, that arrow has struck to you as well otherwise you would not be able to be enticed to write on this web site. That is the power of satsang, they say only goonijano, bhakta who are adhikari getsthis five completed arrows, wow I am so happy to be injured by these and it seem you, Nirupaji, Palnaji and Kavitaji have also been happily injured. Laughing

Now where is that note book....hey Mr Notebook, kity kity...where are you...
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAI SHREE KRISHNA PYARA VAISHNAVS

HEHEHEHEHE hehehehe Laughing Inaxiji, you make me laugh!! and i LOVE it, heheheh! So cheeky, but also very funny! (p.s i am on your side and i hope you find that note book Wink ) Pushtidasji...please refrain from reading whats in the brackets!!! Wink The alokik effect of the arrow sounds amazing, cant wait to find our more Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: