Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOPI-GEET in English
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Trushnaji your wish is my command !

Here is the next episode:

When one has surrendered to Krishna, the Bhakta becomes spiritual uplifted. The heart becomes pure and as fresh as fresh water of a Lake in Sarad season. The conscious which invariably been distended by evil lust (Kaam dosh) does not have opportunity to plant seeds of pure serenity and Bhakti. In this state the harmonious combining of two (Kaam dosh and Bhakti) or more parts of this sins one can never attain love in the heart and Krishna does not enter there, He does not reside in that heart. The heart which is like Sarad Kalin Lake is where Krishna will reside. When Krishna bestows His grace, then this sanctified rahdaykamal (heart), without any condition imposed on the soul, will grow the seeds of Bhakti. And this is also one of the reasons why Gopis used the word "Sharadudashiye".

Sadhujatsatsar:

Sadhujatsatsar means when Bhagvan (God) bestows His grace, without any conditions, then the seeds of surrender springs into full fledge crops of Bhakti. Theses seedlings are planted into clean and pure hearts of devotees. In such heart surseej (blooms the lotus of love). When Gopis talked about lotus and anurag they were also describing the surseej, the lotus of love. In the midst of this lotus flourishes soft, serene, beautiful colour of anurag. Gopis suggests that as Krishna loves to steal gorus (yogurt), he stole the colour of anurag from this lotus and indoctrinated this anurag, into baptism of fire of love with resourcefulness and dynamism.
Ami halahal mada bharai sveta shyam ratnar

Three colours are seen in Krishna eyes, they are sveta (white) shyam (dark) ratnar (light pink). Ratnar is also known as "arun" colour. And all these three colours resides in the hearts of bhakta as Satvik, rajas and tamas. All these three colours resides as colour of anurag and Krishna depicts Satvik, rajas and tamas as colour of anurag in His lotus eyes.And that is why Gopis said that we see the colour of anurag in your eyes, we have darshan of anurag in your eyes because you have adopted these colours as anurag in your eyes.

Gopis said:
When some one gets drunk the eyes becomes red and in this state the person becomes subdued into a different world, the world of his/her imagination. When we look at your eyes, we see that world of love; we drink the colours of anurag from your lotus eyes and get high in love. Our eyes also depict these colours of anurag to match the fun loving, adorable eyes of yours. Our heart beats increases and the sound of the heart-beats makes waves of anurag (love) in the Sharad Lake of our eyes. These waves became the special language of lovers. This language is the language of heart, we infuse romantic, sweet nothing, from our hearts without writing, our eyes signals the messages of love, it does not need pen to put words. The eyes are the instrument of language of anurag. This Prem-Bhasha (language of love) will always be "Pari-Bhasha" (unwritten language, language of silent love). This Pari-Bhasha is mirror of our feelings, the feelings of our heart.

Vadhah (killing)

When describing Krishna's eyes Gopis added:

Hey Shyamsunder, hey Chandrasekhar, with your lotus eyes and the colourful anurag, you are killing us. If this is not Vadhah then what is it? .

Krishna Bhagvan replied:
O sakhis I do not carry any weapons. I am not holding sword to thresh you. Have I ever used arrows to penetrate your eyes? Then how can you say that I have done your Vadhah?.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Wow Pushtidasji what a beautiful posting... theres an english song that goes "killing me softly with his song.. killing me softly.. with his song" well seems like the gopis song goes " killing us softly with His eyes.... with His eyes... taking our whole world with His sight" Embarassed

Anyway Palna and I assume that the Red represents the Tamus, the Shyam represents the Rajas and the White represents the Sattvik... However, we are aware that Chandravaliji is a rajas sakhi and her colour is anurag red, also shyam is serene like the sky and the sea so could well be sattvik and not rajas... so please solve our mystery, this is our wish!

Last edited by Trushna on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Additionally, it has occured to me that Shree Krishna did carry weapons! Natkhat! He did hit them with arrows, as we discussed in the prologue to the Gopi geet! These arrows were Unmand, Tapan, Shoshan, Stambhan and Somohaniya! Well the Gopis had been hit with the Tapan teer (arrow) which hits their Indriyo (senses) which became aroused to experience only Shri Krishna, so this included the ankhe (eyes) to see only the roop (beauty) of Shri Krishna, at this moment in the Gopi Geet His lotus eyes.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Trushnaji is seems the both of us had forgotten about the colour of the Nirgun Bhakta?? In Pushtidasji's *diamond* like posting, the Gopi's say to their Shyamsunder than the colour of anurag is within his eyes and by looking and getting high from gazing into his eyes their eyes espousal(match, correlate) There glances join and the love being sent from one to the next is like a marriage of unspoken love murmurs

Quote:
Our eyes also depict these colours of anurag to match the fun loving, adorable eyes of yours.

But what about Nirgun Bhakta???

Pushtidasji we eagerly wait for the nest dose of Platinum covered Gopi Geet Diamond Dust Very Happy ..........

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Pusthidasji, these postings are incredible, whilst reading they take me to the edge of my seat. Eagerly awaiting for the next posting

JSK
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Here is the continuation of Gopi Geet's second stanza. Sorry for delay in the posting, my apology.

Sijodar

Sijodar mean ample (plentiful). In stanza two we read “Shadhujatsatsar sijodar” as one word, then the whole word’s meaning becomes much clearer. It will now mean ‘plentiful or ample of beautiful lotus which has bloomed’.

Shrimushadrusha

Shrimushadrusha has got two syllables, shrimusha (the killer) + drusha (eyes).

Nandanadan, if it was sword or arrow then it would be much better because we would be able to show the wounds, but you did not use them. Although, after saying this, we know that you have used the alokik arrows to entice us into maharaas. In the state of enticement, the weapons used to concur the victim are always the eyes; and these eyes act as the arrows and they are sharper than the double edge sword. They penetrate deeper into our hearts and inflict deeper wounds than any sharp metal weapon can inflict. The wound inflicts that numbness which exhibits love and we get high with anurag and we walk like zombies.

The sword and the arrow can hit you only once and it causes death. But your enticing eyes which infuses permutation of love, keeps on inflicting wounds every time you look at us and the end result is not a death, but pangs of separation or you become the subject of love. We are literally wounded in your love, mad after your vibrant but lovely eyes. Oh Shyamsundar why do you use your eyes to kill us? Looking at us with intention of conquering our hearts is literally an act of hunting. So hunting is really doing vadhah. Hey Pyara why do you kill us with those eyes? Isn’t this a vadhah? This does not suit you!!! If you don’t want to be drushyatam then don’t use these sarcastic remarks. Why do you entice with your sexy and lovely eyes? Your are residing in our hearts and from there you are watching us feeling so distant and helpless without you. Why do you love to see us in this agitated state? Why do you love to see us longing for you? Why can’t you become drushyatam (appear) and give our eyes a chance to look at your eyes? These crying eyes needs to fulfil the vision we had taken into our stride through our eyes into our hearts. You very cleverly reside anywhere and do anything you like. You can reside into our hearts and in our thoughts, and by doing so you also give us that darshan (vision) in that state. Our minds and mental agility can see you but these eyes cannot see you physically. Why don’t you become the subject of our eyes and come forward? Drushyatam, please give us darshan. So Suratnath you do not need swords or arrows to kill us, your eyes does that anyway.

Suratnath

Gopis used a new word ‘Suratnath’. This was a name given to Krishna by Gopis. Mostly, Krishna was labelled with a new name every time he is involved in an incidence. These incidences are known as leelas. In Yamnastakam Shree Vallabh called Him ‘Murari’, and that was because He did leela of killing a devil named Mura and as He had slain Mura, Krishna was called ‘Murari’ that means the one who slain Mura.

Gopis used three-syllable word. The word being ‘Suratnath’ is broken into three syllable, Su (Su=sunder, good and beautiful and auspicious) + rati (lust) + nath (husband). Su is used as prefix to enhance the words as auspicious and spiritual entity. So ‘Su’ is added as a prefix of ‘rati’ we say ‘surati’. So in this instance Gopis are describing Krishna as auspiciously and spiritually very lusty (surati). Here readers please understand ‘lust’ as alokik lust. The third syllable, word is ‘nath’. Nath has many meanings and the most common one is ‘husband’. (Nath=swami=husband).

In this instance, Gopis labelled Krishna as Suratnath because they gave two reasons for calling Him Suratnath.

The first reason:-
Gopis said You are Suratnath. We call You this because you are capable of infusing alokik lust.

The second reason:-
In the second reason Gopis are describing Krishna as Yachna karnar. That means the one who is seeking.
In this concept Gopis are saying When You arrive in Vandravan gosta (kunj=garden) your eyes seeks the alokik lust and that is the reason why we call you Suratnath.

As I mentioned above Nath has got several meanings and the most common one is husband. The second meaning of Nath is the one who bestows Ashirwad (blessings).

The Gopis said Oh Shyamsundar when you come back in the evening with cows (Gaucharan) we see your face is covered with raja (soil particles). You look tired as well and in that shramit (tired) face we see the most enticing and beautiful face. All the Gopis come running at your door steps for this lovely darshan and with earth claded face you look quite lusty because hey Naynabhiram (the one with lusty and enticing eyes), those eyes sends the effervescent which depicts ashirwad (blessings) and this is also one of the reason why we call you Suratnath.

The third meaning of Nath is Uptapak (the one who picks quarrels). Uptapak is used for the person who normally uses his positions to bully others.

The Gopis said: Oh Shyamsundar your eyes and your looks infuses surat but they also depicts the pangs of separation and you pick quarrels with us. Although during sanyog (when we are together) those eyes gives us the pleasure and happiness of being together and we feel our eyes with humble memories of happiness. During viyog (separation) our happy eyes are wiped off and are replaced with hilag (sadness). In the state of hilag you pick fights and quarrels with us. This makes us feel unhappy. In hilag (unhappiness) we feel as if the soft light of the moon is burning us. We cry and the tears flow like sarita (river). The flow of sarita creates that momentum of rush and they run down our cheeks like a thundering waterfall. The natural beauty of Vrandavan does not entice us anymore because Vrandavan looks empty and derelict without you. The elements of happiness of sanyog sukh have now taken the form of unhappiness. Maharaj, through your looks you seek surat, through that look you also infuse surat, you bestow blessings through those eyes and now these elements have become the quarrel of our hearts. Changes of elements and the state of hilag have made us to conclude that you are Suratnath. This is the only way we Gopijana can tell you how we feel about hilag.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Hey Pushtidasji, we are missing Gopi geet. We wait patiently for the next dosage of Gopi and Shyamsunder banter....

Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Oh dear I believe I am falling into hilag from Thakorji and the Gopijan? Crying or Very sad What happens next?
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I will soon post Gopi-Geet again, thanks for your support and patience.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Te sulkdasika

Shree Gopis put their hands together and said:
Hey Natnagar Nand Kishore! Please pick on your own size, why do you pick on weaklings like us? We are your sulkdasi, simple dasi and you are our only exoskeleton, our protective and support, the outer and inner covering and we urge you, please do not pick on us. We are useless and are weak souls and if you pick on us you will gain nothing as we have nothing that is of any use to you. You are really killing us. Please give us darshan!

The above conversation reminds of a prasang (story) where Shree Odhavji was taking Shree Krishna's message to Gopis. After a hilag encounter with Gopis in Gokul, he returned to Krishna. Krishna was anxious to get all the latest of Radhikaji and the Gopis from Udhavji.

Krishna asked, 'Tell me Udhava, and how is my Radha?'

Udhava looked at Krishna but was unable to say anything. He looked at those lovely eyes of Krishna and saw the immense love that was eager to know about Radhaji and His Vraj Bhakta, Gopis.

Krishna asked again, 'How is my Radha?'

Udhavji looked at Krishna, who looked at Udhavji in desperation, this time more anxious to hear the news, 'Udhavji, please tell me is she all right?'

Udhavji cleared his throat and said, 'She is surviving!'

Krishna looked in amazement at Udhavji and put his hands on Udhavji's shoulder and said, 'Look Udha, I did not ask about her survival, is she all right?'

Udhavji said, 'Krishna, Radhaji is surviving, and what better news one can hear?'

Krishna trembled a bit and looked directly into Udhavji's eyes. He saw tears in his eyes. Krishna said. 'Why do you say that?'

Well, Radha rani is breathing so I said that she is surviving, isn't that good news?'

'What do you mean?' Krishna looked into Udhavji's tearful eyes and wiped it with his Uperna.

'Krishna, you have bestowed hilag on these Vraj anga's and Radhaji, they are only living on the memory lane, your memories. They are just surviving, and seeing all this I could not comprehend their depth of love, I could not fathom the intense permutations of love for you. It is the hilag which has just kept them alive.' Udhavji replied.

So in this karika, Gopis are saying more or less the same thing.

They are now saying Hey, Nath we are only surviving, barely breathing. We are living like zombies. We are looking for you every where in Vrandavan and all Upvaans. We are half dead, infact dead zombies, what is the point of these bodies when there is no life in them? What is the life without you, it is like a married young bride and the groom is no there to complete the wed lock. We beg you to stop playing this hide and seek game we are your sulkdasi. And would like to be at your lotus feet for ever.

On my search for Gopi-Geet vivachan by Shree Hariraiji, I came across a Sanskrit depiction on the words sulkdasika and asulkdasika where asulkdasika means dharmadasi. This dasi are special dasi who only are there for religious ceremonies and other official chores laid by the duties bestowed in various dharma duty and rituals.

'Sulka' is defined as the fund or pocket money that is only enough to cover the travel expenses. In olden day sulka (pronounced as 'sulk') was a word which described minimal money and was also a word coined by wealthy merchants when describing a poor servant who would only work for little money. Merchants used to pay very little salary (wages) which was measured in terms of travel money for a merchant for one trip. This trip money was the annual wages for that poor employee. And the merchants used call these workers as 'sulkdas'. Sulk + Das are two syllables of sulkdasi. Das here is taken as servant. Since then this words have remained as a coined name for poor servants.

These Shruty Rupa Gopis are very knowledgeable and when they sang this stanza of Gopi-Geet, they used the word Sulkdasi, which exactly showed the knowledge they have portrayed in this stanza, and also the word used was an exact description of how they feel and also it conveyed the message that they are 'dasi' the humble but sulka servant.

On the opposite side of the sulkdasi are asulkdasi, perhaps the best way to describe this would be a highly paid white color employees. The sulkdasi are humble, poor, and are prepared to do anything for love and not money. This is what these Gopis are saying to Krishna.

Hey Krishna, we are here to get ras in you company, your ways of Ras-Marg has enticed this dasi. We are at your lotus feet, we want to serve you. Please give us the chance to serve you. Instead you are killing us, why do you do this?

Do you know that with constant sun rays and the heat even lotus flowers wither and dry out. Such intense heat is infused from Hilag-taap and this taap will destroy us. So dayit drushiyatam, give us darshan, because your darshan will give us a new life, like autumn new leaf. Please do take us out of this predicament. Give us darshan. We are yours and have offered ourselves and everything we have at your lotus feet. We do not want anything in return, we only want to love you and be with you to serve you forever. We do not seek any returns from this, and anyone who expect love in return is not a love. We are here to give you love and we are not even asking you to reciprocate with love, we merely seeking your grace. Hey Shyamsunder, after all we are not asking much, a sight of your lovely face and the tiny little grace, which is all we are after. This little grace will be a blessing for us and we will live forever at your lotus feet. Fill those beautiful, lovely eyes with Krupa (grace) and the then bestow that nectar of grace upon us.

We are guilty, and I am sure you will forgive us as it is not in your nature to hold any grudge. Look at moon, it is guilty of borrowing sunlight from its friend sun, and it is also guilty of shinning as half moon and full moon. In spite of these inferiors quality, Shivaji (Shanker) carries moon on his Mastak (head). So do not be angry with us, do not keep this vast distance between us. Dayanidhi, when someone surrenders, you do not look at his/her dosh, but give us again the darshan.

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Sulkdasi's we shall prevail in trying to become. A mindful choice of words from the Gopi's. Most intelligent beauty's as always. Lovely to have Gopi Geet juices flowing again.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krushna,

Wow Pusthidasji, your posting is amazing; for sure the gopi’s knew the true meaning of love. Its lovely to have the gopi-geet continue and cannot wait to read Thakorji’s response.

Thank You

JSK
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Pushtidasji. I have read and heard so many times to regard gopis as our Guru. I had a vague idea why one should regard them as our Guru, but reading your postings, now I fully understand. They loved Thakorji unconditionally, without expectations and with mind, body and soul.
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Pushtidadsji for lovey posting. Ur posting made me fall in love with Gopi geet. Very Happy Eagerly waiting for ur next posting ...........
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you everyone. Yes I am also in love with Gopi-geet. I will soon post some more lovely renders of Shree Gopi-Geet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: