Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jhariji

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Jhariji Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs

To begin with I would just like to say many thanks to Pushtidasji for creating such an outstanding website and I feel so enthusiastic to learn Smile

I understand Jhariji is a pot which is filled with Yamuna Jal and is wrapped with a red vastra (Nevra?).

Why is the vastra red? Can it be any other colour? What is the reason behind it? Confused

Jai Shree Krishna
Trusha
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Welcome to Krishnaseva Trushaji. Thanks for the kind words. This site is only possible because of a heavy duty vaisnav shree Vasantji. It was his undertaking and encouragement made it possible to shape this site in its present state. We still have many minute problems to address, but then Rome was not built in a day.

Anyway, for a start Zariji (NOT JHARIJI) is a a name given to a container which has Yamna Jal in it and from this container a small pot with a spout is filled with that jal and then the red cloth is wrapped around the outer wall of the pot, and as it is wrapped, wound upward, it covers the brim of the port which looks like a head gear of a woman and the rest of the cloth, vastra, is like Indian womans traditional dress, which we all know as sari.

Now this sari or as we know it is a red cloth called navro which has two sylables, NAV + ROW. Nav means female garment and row mean the feminine spiritual body. So navro means a cloth which hides the most divine exotic form of female. In this case the female form or swaroop is Yamnaji.

As we all know that Yamnaji is also known as Krushna and this also symbolises the similarity between Krishna and Krushna. So Yamnaji is part of Krishna that symbolises love and the colour of love is symbolised as red. It is known as Anurag no rang. Which mean colour of intense attachment of love. As there is a lot of compassion between Krishna and chaturth svaminiji, Shree Yamnaji, she always commemorates anurag, the intense love for Krishna and this she depicts by symbolically wearing the colour of compassion. So we always use red coloured navro when we do zariji. In olden days, we had records that shows a white coloured navro is also used.

Can anyone recall the utsava when a white nevro is used on Zariji?
Inaxi
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

We have clay kunjo (well a clay pot) between Akha treej and Ashadhi treej, and if the clay por which depicts as zariji, is white in colour then we use white navro. This is not compulsary but this is a symbole of Sital Anurag prambh ...or something like that.

I am sure Pushtidas you will put one over you, but I could not find the answer from your notes and by the way where have you hidden the note book? I looked everywhere including in Mahavan, nikunj, Gahevar vaan and Madhuvan, and was disapointed. Hey, Pyare Pushtidasji, kaho na kha chupayee rakhi hai aapki chopadi.. well isn't my Hindi as good as my english, Chuff or what..Palna don't giggle!
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAI JAI SHRI GOKULESH INAXIJI

WELL AFTER AKHATEEJ THE KUNJO IS BEEN COVERED WITH WHITE CLOTH THIS IS BECAUSE WHITE COLOR REFLECTS THE HEAT AND THE WATER IN KUNJO REMAINS COLD.

I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN THIS THING IN MUCH DETAIL BUT MOREOVER THIS IS THE REASON.

UNNATI KADAKIA
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks for explaining the bhav of NAVRO.

Can some one please explain if its the Saree or cloth hiding swaroop of Shri Swaminiji, than why it has to be wet?

I mean why we can't use dry Navro? why we make it wet?

Jai Shree Krishna

Hetal shah
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari Bharoso.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Hetalji

Thank you very much you asked:

Quote:
Can some one please explain if its the Saree or cloth hiding swaroop of Shri Swaminiji, than why it has to be wet?

I mean why we can't use dry Navro? why we make it wet?

For a start Navro is set on Zariji, the zariji of Shree Yamna Maharaniji.

Shree Yamnaji is Jal swaroop (water form) and this swaroop is bhautik (earthly) swaroop. This is one of the reason why navro is wet.

Shree Yamnaji is Shree Thakorji's Priyaji, hence, she is forever "green" that mean she is imortal and this is depicted in Navro. A wet navro means "for ever green". and in grahasthi seva we take the bautilk swaroop of Maiya as Jal swaroop, hence Navro is wet and it is also easy to wrap the navro with ease arround Zariji when it is wet. A dry Navro is not a symbol of bhautik swaroop so is not taken into seva prakar.

In Maharaas, Maharani Yamnaji had accepted all the shram jal from Gopis and shree Thakorji. When after raas all the Gopi were sweating, Shree Krishna suggested the "Snan" (bath) in Shree Yamnaji and this way Shree Yamnaji not only got the Gopis Shram Jal (sweat) but also Krishna's Shrumjal. And So Shree Yamnaji's jal also has the element of alokik Raas jal (water) and to depict this in seva we serve Zariji with wet navro. In Yamnaji's case it is also a symbol of "Tatsukh", that means she who is ever so ready to help "others". In this case "others" are really bhaktas of Shree Krishna. So these are the main reasons why Navro is served wet on Zariji.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thanx for the beautiful reply..
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Jhariji Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Pushtidasji for excellent explanation.

JSK.
Hetal Shah.
Vallabh vijayte prabhu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: