Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gyan and Chaturai

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kesha
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Gyan and Chaturai Reply with quote

Jai shri vitthal... want to ask... In shodash granth, aapshri has given aagya that "mahatmay gyan purvak sudradh sarvaso adhik sneh..." and in 'sevaphal' granth aapshri gave aagya that two types of obstacles are there.1) Laukik n 2)alaukik... alaukik obstacles can be removed ONLY by bhagwad krupa and laukik obstacles shld be dealed with buddhi (chaturai). but i hve also read "chaturai chuhle pado aur gyani ko yam khavo" how to corelate both?can anyone plz clear the confusion...n also feel free to correct
Kesha
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsk... Heres one more incident i came across again... Shri Gusaiji wrote a letter to Shri Girdharji mentioning to give some respect to the mughal emperors like giving 'bida' etc... when they come, n use buddhi/chaturai so that they do not create pratibandh in thakurjis matter... But again the same confusion, "chaturai chuhle pado, gyani ko yam khavo". How to take both vachans simultaneously... plz plz clear the confusion.
Kesha
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai shri krushna.... i m quiet sure that both vachans might be giving same aagya, bcoz how can acharyacharan and aapshris vanshaj give two different aagyas... But i dont know why its looking that aapshri is telling to have gyan and chaturai and the other vachan saying totally opposite.... might be both telling same thing, but i m still not able to understand.... i know i shld have some dhairya for answers but please can anyone...
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Krutiji

first thing to note is that there are no contradictions in agyas

Gyans are of two types - simple gyan (lokik, ved, shastras, etc) and Mahatmya Gyan (Bhagvad sambandhi).

In shodash granth, aapshri has given aagya that "mahatmay gyan purvak sudradh sarvaso adhik sneh...

-- Here the word Mahatmya Gyan is of importance - it is not just Gyan, but Mahatmya means with the knowledge of who God is...and what is his swaroop and what is his purpose, etc etc.. so it is Gyan that is related to GOD in every way...

" and in 'sevaphal' granth aapshri gave aagya that two types of obstacles are there.1) Laukik n 2)alaukik... alaukik obstacles can be removed ONLY by bhagwad krupa and laukik obstacles shld be dealed with buddhi (chaturai).

... When dealing with Laukik obstacles the word Buddhi is used --- it means use your intelect (and this link can also be made in with the word Vivek .... in the granth Vivek Dhairya Ashray)

and Chaturai is not the word that is used, however for making things simple .. chaturai is cleverness, so to be clever one must have good Buddhi/intelect .... now the reason to use chaturai or buddhi in Lokik stuff is so that we don't give parishram to any bhagvad swaroops (especially for lokik matters) - God will say, I have given you a brain and sufficient buddhi so make use of it to solve your own problems....
(example when Shriji went to Gusaiji and complained that He was not a doctor... this was when one of the vaishnavs kept requesting Shriji to cure him of some illness).. so when we are ill, we use our intelligence and go to the doctor who will give us appropriate medication to cure us ... this is called using buddhi or our chaturai (which is also god given!)
-- hence when dealing with lokik, use buddhi, such as Gusaiji's instructions... because when we deal in lokik world we need to use chaturai/buddhi... and not create klesh or give parishram to bhagvad swaroops... .. in this case, giving prsadi bida to the moghuls would improve their buddhi and in turn they would stop creating pratibandh (problems) for the general public

but i hve also read "chaturai chuhle pado aur gyani ko yam khavo" how to corelate both?can anyone plz clear the confusion...n also feel free to correct

-- now in this context the word Chaturai and Gyan is again used in lokik context.. GOD is chatur-shiromani ... no one has more intelligence than Him.... so this is only to say that we cannot use cleverness or intelligence to get our way with Him

The same applies for Gyan.. This gyan can be any type of knowledge... (e.g., knowledge of the scriptures, sadnhas, tap, etc) as long as it is not related to devotion and God, it is useless.... because it will only help achieve lokik things and even those are not permanent nor guaranteed. Also, the path of Gyan is dangerous, as knowledge is limited and contaminated, so our practices such as yagya, tap etc will be contaminated - and hence we would not achieve success, but making mistakes in this path means that because of these mistakes being commited, the practitioner would not gain anything and end up taking unnecessary births... (example of the king who gave the dan of one cow to two different Brahmins by mistake)... also it could anger the ones he/she is trying to please - hence "gyani ko yam khavo"

e.g., Bali Raja did so many yagyas to obtain the kingdom of heaven but ultimately God (as Vaman Bhagwan) won... likewise Ravan was the knower of all the scriptures and yet he could not get his ways and Lord Ram was victorious...and so on..

On the other hand, God protected his devotees such as King Ambrish from Durvasa Muni and Prahlad from his father, etc..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: