Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baithakji or Gadiji?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Baithakji or Gadiji? Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

What is the difference between Mahaprabhuji's Baithakji and Gadiji. How did Baithakji come into existance and who made them famous?
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

There is a suttle difference between Baithakji and Gadiji.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Baithakji

Wherever Shree Vallabh and his family stayed for a number of days and did Bhagvad Parayan (recitement), Veda Parayan and Ram Parayan, these places were named as Baithakji.

The places, when looking at the history, only came to light during the period between Samvant 1642 (1698 AD) and Samvant 1697 (1753 AD). The hand written books were found during that golden era and looking through the pages of this hand written book on Baithakji Charitra (History of Baithakji), one sees Shree Prabhucharan Shree Gokulnathji's name on all the description of these Baithakji. So it seems Shree Gokulnathji had played a very important role in making these baithakji famous.

Although we do know that the concept of Baithakji was in existence during Mahaprabhuji's era. This we can deduce from reading 84 Vaishnavs Varta. We have heard about Purshottamdas Seth of Kashi going to do Champaran's Baithakji. We read about Bhagwan das of Hajipur, Bihar. His house is now Baithakji after he showed all the vaishnav that Shree Mahaprabhuji was on bhutal and not gone anywhere when these vaishnavs came to give Bhagwan das news about Vyah Moha Leela. We also find a note made in 'Bhava Sindhu' pustak (book) describing the palace of Krishnadev Raja where a room is designated for Mahaprabhuji's Baithakji.

All these Baithakji have at least three characters. These Character depicts Shree Mahaprabhuji's Adhibhautik (Kriyatmak, a practical form), Adhiyatmik (Gnanatmak, the knowledge form) and the third one is Adhidevik (Bhavatmak, the spiritual form) character. All the Baithakji has its own history and imbibes with spiritual events. It is always best to acquire pre-knowledge of these Baithakji before visiting them. When you are there you go over the historical events, and get the mental picture and then do the Baithakji's chores like filling Zariji and Bantaji and reciting Sarvottam Stotra and also do praikramma.

Next we will soon describe Gadi ji.

Bolo Shree Vallabhadhish ki Jai

Last edited by Pushtidas on Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Inaxi
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Pushtidasji I know there are actually more than 84 Baithakji, but more or less 84 baithakji was mentioned in the old pustak of Pushtimarg. Can yo tell me how many baithakji Shree Gusainji have?
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Here is something I like to add

Bethakji

means a place where either Shri Mahaprabhuji or his successors have undertaken the discourse of Shrimad Bhagwatji for seven days. There are also some places where they-spiritual preceptors - have undertaken discourse and discussion of Vedas and Ramayana.

“GADIJI’

is a place where they have only stayed graciously, without undertaking the activity of discourse or discussion of any sacred book.

There is a quadrangular square inside the innermost part of every ‘BETHAK’. This quadrangular square is the exact place where Shri Mahaprabhuji has undertaken discourse or discussion. The routine of offering divine services, offering items of food and visions in Bethak is the same as that of a Haveli. The greatest difference between Haveli and Bethak is that Vaishnavas cannot offer divine services in a Haveli; they can only obtain vision.

In‘BETHAKJI’, vaishnavas can take advantage of divine services after taking bath. They can touch the lotus-like feet of Shri Mahaprabhuji and other Spiritual Teachers. They can fill a Jari with water and can offer dry fruits to Him.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,

Vasantbhai, i would like to add for gaadiji. . In vaarta prasangs when we read, comes that "ShriMahaprabhuji ne mahaprasad leke apni baithak me pheri Aapu apni gaadi takiyan pe biraje" Means Gaadiji is the place where aapshri used sit in the baithakji. Even at many places we find seva of ShriGaadiji which had been given by ShriGusaiji prabhucharan and ShriGokuleshprabhucharan. But that was for the gruh-seva. And not as apart of public seva.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Vasantbhai and Gopalbhai.

Baithakji in Haveli is different from the baithakji which are outside of Haveli. The baithakji in Haveli,as pointed out by Shree Gopalbhai, and rightly so, is really A "study" room where that Haveli's main Vallabh Balak allows his disciples to meet Him, consult and communicate. The main or the head of the Haveli is called Maharaj (king of king) and juniors, that is, his balaks (children, male only) are known as "Mahoday shree".

From this baithakji Maharajshree guides the haveli's daily run and so baithakji in that sense is fulcrum where everyone is pivoted about in Haveli chores. In the Haveli's baithakji, one sees a special seat, chair or thron which is known as gadiji. The Maharajshree presides day to day running of Haveli from here. Aapshree also allows his disciples to confide in him in this room.

Many of these Maharajshree also owns haveli or have inheritance in haveli at other places. In these havelis we also see the gadiji in that haveli's baithakji. So in a broader sense these Gadiji is a place where the whole fusion of Pushtimarg is administered.

Last edited by Pushtidas on Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

This was a very nice prasang Pushtidasji, really informative for all the vaishnavs who of course have visited various bethakji's in their lifetime.

Well it is an open topic so all vaishnavs if you have any more thoughts then please add to it.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Shree Krishna,
I know, I know this topic was discussed a year and half ago. I am trying to catch up with old satsang......

Quote:

Wherever Shree Vallabh and his family stayed for a number of days and did Bhagvad Parayan (recitement), Veda Parayan and Ram Parayan, these places were named as Baithakji.

When we say Baithakji is a place where Shree Vallabh and his family stayed for certain days and did satsang. Is this limited to first couple generation or is it still valid today? I hardly know about this but what I remember is, there is Shree Vallabhacharyaji's Baithakji and Shree Gusainji's and Shree Gokulnathji's Baithakji. Besides I have hardly heard of any other vallabh balaks Baithak.

Few possibilites here. First and foremost is my knowledge about pushtimarg is very bleak (this is more of a fact than possibility). Not all the Vallabh Balaks have done Bhagvad Parayan or probably they did at the same place where their ancestors did. Or the definition is limited to few generations. Or there is more criteria to it.

Kindly throw some light on this.....

Thanks

- Prashant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: