Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White or Yellow Charanmrut?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: White or Yellow Charanmrut? Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Grateful if anyone could throw some light and explain whether there exists the two different types of charanmruts.

If they exist then what is the difference between the two.

In some instances we hear that during fasting people take white charanmrut whilst at all other times yellow is taken.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Jagdishbhai, As far as my understanding is that we as Pushtimargia Vaishnav take YELLOW charnamrut and WHITE charnamrut is used in Mariyada Bhakti.

Yellow Charnamrut is mostly prepared at Shree Nathji and mainly consist of Yamuna-jal and Valukaji and also jariji jal of Shree Nathji and the White Charnamrut known as Gopichndan Charnamrut is prepared in Mathura and Dwarka, although recently we see this charnamrut being prepared at many other places as well.

Vaishnavs do not take white charnamrut even during the fasting period or any Vrat or Utsava. I have though heard many vaishnavs have adopted the practice you described and the reason given was that the Yellow Charnamrut uses Yamunaji's Dark coloured Valukaji (mud) and this Valukaji contains natural source of mineral salt and this is not appropriete when poeple are fasting and not taking salt in their Utsava Diet.

This practice is not part of Pushtimarga and Vaishnavs are not encouraged to follow it. The Yellow Charnamrut is prepared by special designated vaishnavs in Haveli and private production line and have reputation as 'pure' form of Vraj raj. It is because of Vraj element Charnamrut is taken as 'SUDHI' and 'ASPARSH' (aprash) element.

If anyone has any more information on this subject please post it here or send me by my email address.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Pushtidasji Many Thanks for these clarifications between the white (gopichandan) and yellow charanmruts and thus clearing my doubts.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Good going so lets cover Tilak what color it should be? Only Red or other yellowish type is also allowed ?

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

जै जै श्रीगोकुलेश
पुष्टिदासजी, आपने कुछ गलत संकेत दिया. आपको में बीचमें रोकना चाहूँगा. क्युकी आपने जो व्यक्त दिया की सफ़ेद श्रीचरणामृत मर्यादामार्गीय भाव है. वोह सही नहीं है. क्युकी हमारे यहाँ श्रीगोकुलेश के श्रीचतुर्थगृह में श्रीचरणामृत सफ़ेद आवे है. दोनों रंग पूर्ण रूप सु पुष्टिमार्गीय है. यामें कही कोई आपत्ति या अतिशयोक्ति नहीं है. श्रीचरणामृत श्रीप्रभु के श्रीचरण का अमृत है. केवल यह हो सके की कही की भूमि सफ़ेद रंग की होए, तो कही पीले रंग की. दोनों ही श्रीचरणामृत पुष्टिमार्गीय है.

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh

Pushtidasji, sorry to interrupt as both Charnamruts exists in pushtimarg. Even Yellow and White. As we - Sevaks of ShriGokuleshprabhu-ShriChaturthpeeth with grace aquire White ShriCharnamrut. So it is not a maryadamargiya bhav. May be the difference between the lands of Braj Bhoomi and Yellow be found at Sinhaad pradesh, there land might be yellow. So that might be difference. But the bhaav of ShriCharnamrut is the amrut-of shriprabhu's shricharnarvind. So may be Yellow coloured, or white coloured.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
and
Jai jai Shree Gokulesh,

Thank you Gopalbhai for drawing my attention.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishnaa/Jai jai Shri Gokulesh

Gopal bhai thank you kindly for this further clarification.

As for the tilak, pushtimargiya vaishnavs use red (kumkum) whilst some of the other sampradays are said to use the white/yellow.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I have checked for further information and I was told that white (gopichand) charnamrut was adopted by Gokulesh and other branches only 200 years ago and the ingredients are slightly different. In a way Gopalbhai is right that Gokulesh has adopted white charnamrut but the yellow still remains Pushtimargiya charnamrut.

Many things over the year has changed and thus the adoption of white charnamrut has been in existance only 200 years and white charnamrut was supplied in a shape of two to three inch sticks and only recently we see them in the shape of penda (saucer shape) where has yellow charnamrut always was supplied in its present form as pendo (saucer penda shape).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: