Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sacred Cow
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Wel-done Trushnaji, your subject is very interesting and as you know we have many stories and varta prasang where cow has been the hero of the story.

I can recall story which you are asking, and without really interfering with the lovely flow of satsang, let me try to jog every one's memory by saying this:

Is this the story where a vashnav said he had one and half sons, inspite of having seven sons? This story also set a principle regarding "Sutaki Darshan"? Wow... I think if this is the story you were seeking then oops I have given enough clue!

Well if I am wrong in my guessing, then please someone put the story Trushnaji is asking...Hey Vaishnav it is not a difficult question. So pick up your keyboard and make those lovely fingers click letters into Satsang Tibary.
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Truhshnaji, here is the story you were seeking.

It was Kumbhandasji (one of the ashtasakha) who said he had one and a half son although he had seven sons. One of the seven sons was doing Thakorji's seva and he considered him as a complete son whilst another son did seva of cows all day and night (but did not do Thakorji's) was considered as half son, and this is why out of seven he only accepted one and half sons.

One day whilst cows were grazing a tiger attacked one of the cows. The son tried to save the cow and as a result he died. The death of his son meant Kumbhandasji had sutak (mourning period) for 13 days. During this period one must not do Thakorji’s seva.

Kumbhandasji always did kirtan seva and Thakorji's seva. Sutak made it difficult as he could not serve Shree Nathji for 13 days and this made him very unhappy. But Shree Gusaiji gave him permission to do Shree Nathji’s kirtan seva and darshan during the 13 days sutak. Afterwards, during viprayog, he would sing hilag pada.

The son Kumbhandasji considered as the complete son is called Chatrabhujdasji. Chatrabhujdasji is also one of the ashtasakha.

Can anyone explain why he was called Chatrabhujdasji?

Vaishnavs please add to this story or correct me if I am wrong.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Pushtidasji thankyou for prompting everybody along!

Well done NIrupaji, yes that is right this is the Varta which I was reffering to... Please enlighten us why was he called Chatrabhuj Das?
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Kumbhandasji longed for a son whom he could do satsang with and with Shree Krishna’s krupa his wish came true. Just before the baby boy was born, Kumbhandasji went with Shree Krishna to steal some buttermilk (makhan chori). Shree Krishna asked His sakhas to bend over and then climbed on top of them so that He could reach pot of buttermilk that was hanging from the ceiling. As He reached for the buttermilk His dhoti came loose. With His two arms (bhuja) held on to His Dhoti and manifested another two arms to reach for the pot. Kumbhandasji did darshan of this leela, Shree Krishna with char bhuja (char = four and bhuja = arms) and when he went home he was told his wife had given birth to a baby boy. Kumbhandasji named his son Chatrabhujdas (Chatra = char (four) and Bhuj = bhuja (arms)). Hence the name Chatrabhujdasji.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanx Nirupaji that was a lovely varta Razz
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

These varta’s are fabulous; Thank You Trushnaji & Nirupaji enjoyed your postings. Trushnaji earlier on in your posting you mentioned finding various stories on the sacred cow. Would be grateful if you could write another wonderful varta Question

Thanking You in Advance

JSK
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

I am sorry for the late response Sitalji! I promise to have a Varta for you and other interested Vaishnavs by the end of this weekend!

Thanx for the patience
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Trushnaji, look forward to you'r posting Smile

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: