Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shri Gokulnathji's Hasya Prasangs in English.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Shri Gokulnathji's Hasya Prasangs in English. Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Prasang – 1

Once upon a time, Aapshri was Birajman. At that time he, from his wish, came
out with a hasya (comic/comedy) prasang. There was one person, his
father-in-law became ill. The son-in-law got ready to go and visit his
father-in-law. Now this son-in-law was deaf, therefore he thought… how to
start a conversation after reaching there? (to his father-in-laws’), on top
of that, the replies he gives if I ask anything, I will not be able to hear.
Therefore, I should start preparing from now itself.

He thought to himself… as soon as I reach there, I will ask is anything
healing at all or not ? So my father-in-law will reply that it is healing a
little . At this point I will say… very good, very good and so on.

Then I will ask… is anything being digested or not ? Then he will reply, I
drink somewhat/little like kanji, else he will mention of whatever else he
is able to eat. Then I will respond by saying, very good, that khorak
(foodstuff/diet) is good, it is soft, easily digestible, you should take it,
and so on…

Then I will ask if he is taking any medication/being treated by any doctor,
etc. To this he will respond by giving any name of the medication he is
taking or the name of the doctor he is being treated by, etc. To this I will
reply, very good, take medication from that doctor, his hands are
miraculous, and it will do you good. Etc.

Now, the son-in-law comes to the father-in-laws place. There was no hope for
the father-in-law to survive.
Sitting next to the father-in-law, the son-in-law, according to the
arrangement (he had made in his mind), asked… Is anything healing ? To this,
the father-in-law said now the healing will be there at the crematorium
(Mashan/Smashaan). Listening to this, the son-in-law said… very good very
good…this is how you will be cured (it will heal).

Everyone standing there, became shocked, thinking – why is this guy speaking
like this.!!

Next, the son-in-law asked…. Are you able to digest anything ? To this the
father-in-law said… able to digest what ? stones ? Nothing is digesting.
To this the son-in-law said, very good very good… it is soft and digestible.
You will get strength from it.
Listening to this speech of the deaf son-in-law, everyone there started
thinking that this son-in-law has gone mad or what ? Yet, keeping the
respect (amanyata) of the son-in-law, no one said anything.

Then again the son-in-law asked, are you on any medication (being treated by
any doctor) ? To this, the father-in-law said slowly, now the only doctor
is death (the invitation to death (Jamasto/Yamdoots/Yamraj)).

The respected son-in-law said… very good very good… very good… take his
medication. His hands are miraculous. You will only be cured by him
(death/Yamraj). Listening to this everyone present there were quite shocked
and in that surprise enquired to find that the son-in-law is deaf.

Vivechan – A person who does not listen/hear of his good is deaf. The one
who does not have love (prem) is dirty (malin) because without love or
intellect that person cannot realise/understand the truth.
Those who cannot understand the words/speech (vachano) and actions (kriya)
of the elders (enlightened ones, vibhutis, etc ); they behave anyhow.
Because, they are not able to understand their swaroop.

The same applies to those, who are like the same vision/intellect as this
son-in-law and read these hasya prasangs, they will end up turning
everything upside down (turn arth into anarth). Therefore, it is my request,
for them (the prasangs) to be read with large (open mind) and loving vision
(dhrasti).

Of the ras-sagar, the vachnamruts of Shri Gokulesh,
what will the lay-people (Kshudra-sagarsham jan-hradya) understand ?

If at any point one does not understand or if a mistake occurs (dosh), then
one should understand and know that the capacity of one’s intellect to
understand is less, or one’s own heart has the dosh/mistake.

The situation of the one who sees dosh/mistakes in everything and in
everyone. (or one who is always criticising everything and everyone), is
such that , is comparable to the very lowest type of person in a village,
who is always constantly looking for rubbish everywhere (in the gullies and
gutters, etc.) and where ever they find such rubbish, they collect it in
their basket (topla). In this way, dusht people are always looking for those
dhosh-rup bad things in other people and take it into themselves.

Saintly people, or those people with bhakti, will always look for fresh,
flowerly and sweet (comfortable places) places for their Prabhu (Lord) and
will only accept/take those. In this way, saintly people will take on all
good qualities (goon) and take punyas from others and by doing criticism
they will lessen the paap (sins) (by taking on the sins of others).

Those are unfortunate who simply criticise people. However, there is a need
for those type of people who criticise for the sake of shuddhi (creating
purity) of others.

Those who take on the gunas (qualities/karmas) of others/everyone should be
considered a saint.

Prasang – 2

Fruits of having devotion are always obtained (Bhavnanu Phal Malej) - Once upon a time, Aapshri was Birajman. At that time one Vaishnav asked, Raj, you say that one should maintain a high standard of Bhavna. But, does one actually get any fruits by keeping a high standard of Bhavna ?
Hearing this Krupasagar said, listen, once there was a man who earned Rs 5 per month. Now, there was a scarcity of girls in his community (for marriage); therefore he would have needed Rs 2000 to 3000 for a girl. Therefore he thought, we are not going to get any girl, so let us just enjoy the experience through speech (vani thi anand levo). From then on, every evening, after returning from work, he used to do all the work (housework) by himself, but with his speech he used to make out as if he was requesting his wife (stri) to do the required work. With words to the effect, that, get-up oye (oi – uthne ali), warm up the cooker (choolo salgav). As soon as the food is cooked, he himself would say, now get up and say, now get up and give me something to eat. At bedtime, he would say, it has become very late, lets go to bed. This he would do every day.
His neighbour thought that this neighbour of mine is of bad character (Kharab chaal na che), everyday he is bring some new woman in the house. In the end, the neighbour complained to this guys boss (sheth), but the boss gave good reference said my worker is has a good character and is pure (pramanik ane pavitra che). To this, that neighbour said to the boss, check and judge for yourself.
For this, one evening the boss went with and hid himself at the neighbour’s place.
At that time the worker arrived and, started talking as he used to do daily; to this the boss also started to believe what the neighbour had said and immediately came to his worker’s door asking him to open it. He opened the door immediately, so the boss asked… who are you talking with ? that guy said… there is no one. Then the boss said, so why are you doing this (talking to himself, pretending etc) ?
To this the worker said that in my community there is a scarcity of girls. You give me Rs 5 per month, with that I will never be able to save enough money to get married, that is why I am deriving pleasure through tongue/speech (modhe modhe jibha thi ras lau choo.)
Hearing this, the boss was overcome with compassion (sheth ne daya avi) and said… Go and find a girl tomorrow itself, I will cover any costs involved in the wedding. I have wedded four sons and will consider you as the fifth. He found himself the girl and the sheth got him married. Therefore one must always keep high standard of bhavna, then one will surely obtain its fruit.
Vivechan – From this incident (prasang) one finds that there is a desire to view this world as Prabhu’s leela-roop. Experience the world as His leela-roop.
The fruit of the bhavna is like the bhavna itself. (jevi bhavna tevu phal). By doing the trade/business of coal, the hands are never going to become clean/white. Similarly, by keeping impure (dusht) bhavna, one does not become pure (pious), one with dusht bhavna only becomes dusht. Therefore, one must keep high standard of (pure) bhavna, now those who tred the path of pushti are like this guy (worker). He is saying things with his own mouth and yet those things are totally false. Poor fellow was unnecessarily harassed by the neighbour. However, because he was harassed, he benefited by getting the girl (i.e., getting married). Therefore, if any ill-mannered person harasses a saintly person, they should not become harassed/troubled, because the result of such harassment is discovered in the end.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Continuation

Prasang 3

Criticizers (regularly criticising) clean the excretions (Ninda karnara mal saaf kare che) – Once Pancholiji made a request to Shri Gokuleshji, Raj you are Ishwar, it would be so nice if you quieten (mo bandh kari do) those who are regular critics of the Bhagwadis (the devotees).
Hearing this, Krupasagar said… block the places on your body that are responsible for cleansing/removing the impurities/excretions, then see what happens, then do let me know. Hearing this, Pancholiji said: Raj, doing this would create various illnesses in our body and eventually one would die. Therefore, Shri Gokulesh said, then if such criticizers, who clean impurities were not placed here, it would not be possible for the Bhagwadis to remain purified. Therefore, Prabhu is very compassionate (dayalu che), that is why he has placed these dusht criticizers amongst us to keep cleaning the “dosh-roopi” impurities from the Bhagwadis. Therefore, one must never get angry on these criticizers (nindako)
To wash a delicate (komal) linen/cloth one requires a soft object to wash it with. Similarly, the Bhagwadis are soft/delicate, therefore Prabhu organises to remove their impurities via the soft/delicate tongues of the criticizers (nindakoni komal jibh vade dhovdave che).
Vivechen – Just in the same way to keep the body free of illness, it is required to have those places on the body which are used to remove the impurities, so in the same way, to keep the devotees pure, the criticizers are required, that is why Prabhu places them there. Being this way the devotees consider Stuti and Criticism to be on equal level.
Therefore we should never criticize anyone. On the cotrary we should become happy, that it is good, without being paid, the person is cleansing the impurities. Even the Dhobi (the person who washes clothes), charges to wash clothes, whereas we have found this dhobi (the criticizers) who does not charge any fees (for washing our impurities). Therefore one should never allow the thought to enter the mind…

Prasang 4

A devotee is Prabhu’s mouth and a critic is his backside (Poonth) – Once Aap said out of his own free will (Svechha thi boliya) that a devotee (Bhakt) is Prabhu’s mouth, therefore they do prabhu’s stuti and prabhu accepts/eats through the bhakt’s mouth. Furthermore, he proceeded to say that those who speak lies (khotu bolnara) and those who criticize others are prabhu’s gooda, through which the impurities (excretions) are removed (ke te vade mal saaf thai che).
Vivechan – This hasi prasang is clear, through the devotees (bhakt’s) mouth prabhu eats (arogeche) – now one who eats, their impurities (mel) also need to be removed; therefore to remove these impurities prabhu has placed (organised for) the poonth (backside), thus the criticizers (nindakas) are prabhu’s poonth as they cleanse the impurities by criticizing (doing nida ).

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Prasang 5

Dusht meaning away (distanced) from Ishtha (away from God – Dusht ekle ishta thi door).

Once He said with his Shri-Mukh that A Dusht being is that who has been distanced from Prabhu.

Vivechan - The talk is quite clear (Vaat spasht che). Even upon seeing some good work opportunity and yet not doing that work (not taking that opportunity) and performing it with seva bhavna; then that is dusht, because Prabhu's seva does not give fruit of beauty/appearance (roop phal/fal). Even speech/sound (Vani) without relating it to prabhu/using it for prabhu is dusht.

This way, whichever part of the body that is not related to (used in) prabhu is dusht. Only because of this Bhavna a person without Brahmasambandh, no matter how knowledgable (Gnani), their acquaintance is worth sacrificing abandoning (teno sang tyajya che).

That person who considers him/herself as a Gnani (knowledgable) and yet does not take Brahmasambandh, then he/she is egoistic/arrogant (to te hoon-pad waalo ke abhimani che). Even that proudy (abhimani ) person is worth sacrificing/abandoning. Only keep company (sang) of those who have taken refuge of ShriMahaprabhuji (Mahaprabhuji na sharnagatnoj sang karvo). Company of others leads/puts the jeeva in false illusion and destroys the jeeva (brahm ma nakhi jeev ne atobhrast tatobhrast kare che)

||Gnaninaampi Vakyena na Mohyishyati||
This Mahaprabhu says with his Shri Mukh. A Gnani's cleverly crafted words never puts a devotee in an illusion/ never deludes a devotee.

Prasang 6

A devotee known to have a bad reputation (dushit janata) also satisfies a
jeeva (jeeva ne krutarth kare che). - Once He said that even those devotees who appear to be with faults (doshvart dekhata) remove the dosh in others. But without the devotees any others are not capable of removing doshs'.

Only devotees have the capacity (samarth) to turn away dosh. Just as the moon is with marks (chandra kalankit che). Pan timir talvane samarth che. In the same way the devotees (Bhagwadis) have the capability (samarth) to turn away the doshs' from everyone. Anywhere one finds big names/ influential material/elements/people (mota padarth), there one also finds a dosh (a bad characteristic). But there are many good qualities/characteristics. Hence the doshs' are not counted. Here he gave an example, that just how there is fire, there is no one as innocent like fire. But first the fire is ignited; then first the smoke appears; even then the smoke's bad character/impurity does not effect the fire. He read a shruti on top of that (after that).

Vivechan - From this prasang one should understand that if dosh is seen in bhagwadis then the dosh is that of the sight/vision, whereas the deeds/karyas performed by the bagwadis are always devotional (bhaktimay). This talk is about a big bhagwadi (exalted devotee), experienced (anubhavi) bhagwadi. A nirgun and nirvikari bhagwadi never does anything wrong (kadi dosh karej nahi) and if by chance something like that is seen, then there is some transcendental (alaukik) reason in it. Two Vaishnavs went abroad, both slept on one bed during the night (ekaj shaiya ma ratre saathe podhya). There a snake came to bite the first devotee (bhagwadi). However, the snake could not go near him due to him sleeping next to the highly exalted/experienced devotee, and this exalted devotee woke up because of the noise this snake was making by its frustrated/angry breathing (fufada). This time the devotee, by his prowess (prabhav), asked the snake the reason for this kind of breathing ( fufada ), thus the snake was able to speak (saap-ne vaani thayi). The snake said that i and he (the first devotee) have enmity from the past and i have vowed to drink his blood. Therefore, i will leave only after drinking his blood... i am not coming to bite because you are a great being (aap mahapurush cho). As a result, the exalted devotee, used his knife to create a wound and drew blood from the first devotee. He collected the blood flowed on a leaf from a tree and offered it to the snake to drink (rudhir kaadhi, pela saap ne payu). Therefore the snake was satisfied/content having completed its vow, he bowed and made its way (pagey laadi chalto thayo).

Here, in this way, even when drawing blood with the knife, there is no fault
(dosh) of this exalted devotee. On the contrary, the first devotee only survived because of this action. Therefore, even if one comes to know such a fault (dosh), one should consider it to be divine wish (bhagwad icchha mani) and not allow the mind to become disturbed by wrong thoughts (man ma vikar na thava devo) In the case of Shyamdas also it happens this way. Someone being a vaishnav still takes money from daughter (kanya nu dravya le che), therefore Prabhu does not accept his samagri (teni samagri prabhu angikar nathi karta). The opposite occurs.. those things (samagri) on the plate (paatalma) appear like insects (kida jevi laage che), therefore, Shyamdas rises from that sitting (of having the food) and walks away from it.

Some person of a materialistic view point (laukik drashti vala), thought that Shyamdas left the prasad and criticise him in that way (prasad chodi ne uthiya em dhari ninda kare che), but due to the bhagwadis having divine vision their behaviour is also divine, therefore one should have an innocent view of them.

Vidurji's wife offered Prabhu the banana skins instead of the actual fruit (teno garbh feki, teni chaal khavrave che), at this time if we were standing there, we would surely criticise her and say how mad she is..that she is feeding prabhu the skins. However, prabhu relished more blissful taste in those banana skins than in the actual fruit (garbh karta Chhola maa). Therefore, prabhu becomes pleased with what deed and how the deed is performed (keva ane kaya karya), we cannot know.

Once a thief entered Shri Jagdish, he hid himself close to prabhu during the night. Now he could not find anything to steal because everything would be in its designated place (put away). In the end he decided to steal the Chatra which was made of gold... but how to steal the Chatra ?

He decided to climb on top of Jagdish's shoulders' and steal (tene Shri Jagdishna Khamba-par pag mukine chorvanu nakki karyu); but then the thought occurred to him that how can one place their feet on Prabhu ? Eventually, he placed a Khes, and thought that if he places the foot on the Khes then his foot won't touch Prabhu. He is worried about comitting a crime by touching Prabhu with his feet but he is not thinking about stealing whilst Prabhu is watching.!!

Finally he climbed ontop of the shoulder; and as he started to remove the Chatra, Jagdish started laughing (ke Jagdish KhadKhadat hasi padya) and because of that even he started laughing. Then he asked, maharaj.. why did you laugh ? So, the Lord said with his Shri Mukh, (etle Shri-mukhe kahyu), that until today, all devotees have offered me/upon me, water, fruits, flowers, grains/foodstuff, etc (aaj sudhi bhaktoe mane jal, fal, phul, samagri, vagare)...however, you have offered even yourself upon me. Besides the devotees of Vraj (ek vraj bhakto sivay), none other like you has been found so far. Saying thus, Jagdish became pleased and told him to ask for something. Therefore, he asked for devotion, and he became a staunch devotee (athi e parath bhakt banyo).

Therefore what is pleasing to prabhu only He Himself knows. Therefore we should keep divine vision (pavitra dhristi rakhvi). We should not see any faults in anyone.

Prasang 7

Using wit/clever intellect, it is possible to bring a person on the right path (Chaturaithi koine sidhe raste vaali shakaya che):

one day He said that one woman's husband was going to some other place (Stri-no purush koi beeji jagye jato hato), for that his wife insulted him and said that Bhoonda, why are you going to that other place ?
To this that man replied that a man is a Bhramar (wanderer like the bhramar), after this, one day, that woman also took the beddings in the night and started to go out, seeing this the man asked, where are you going ?
At that time the woman said...that i am a Bhramari (female version of the Bhramar, i.e., his wife), I will go where I please. The man asked, but why are you taking the bedding (godu sha mate lai jay che) ?
To this the wife replied, that for you, wherever you go beddings will be laid down, but who will prepare the beddings for me ? This way, putting on an act, she broke that man's bad habit (aam kala kari ne pela purush ni kutev chhodavi).

Vivechan - From this one should learn that our relatives will behave in the same way in which we will behave. The children will act the same way they observe their parents acting/behaving. Therefore, parents and elders should behave in the most appropriate manner (maa-baapo ye ane motao ye uttam vartan rakhvu joiye); by which all relatives are effected (jethi sambandhiyo sarvama teni asar pade) and the household-life becomes devotionally filled and transcendental/spiritual experience is experienced ane gruhsansar bhaktimay ane alaukik anubhavay). If anyone has developed a bad habit (vali koine khoti tev padi hoi), then it should be broken by putting on (doing) such type of act/show. Demonstrating by putting on a performance is more effective than simply telling (to aavi reete kala kari chhodavvi; kehva karta kalathi kaam saaru thay che).

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

First of all let me thank ardent vaishnav Jagdishbhai who has done a marvelous job of translation for all vaishnavs to understand the Gokulnathji's Hasya Prasangs easily and it is only with his kind permission we were able to publish these here

There is an email from Jagdishbhai attached to this to confirm the same

Jai Shri Krishna,

Firstly thank you for your kind invite to join krishnaseva website. It is most appreciated, and certainly i will be joining. Warm and Hearty congrats and sincere best wishes on starting the site.

Ofcourse i would try and continue with the Hasya prasangs as far as possible and as much as Shri Thakorji allows me.

Please forgive any errors or shortcomings in the translations and please feel free to correct any mistakes.

You are more than welcome to re-post them .

Please see the parts 8 and 9 below...

Prasang - 8

Sevak should be obedient and intellegent (Sevak agnyakari ane viveki joiye):

A Purbi had kept a servant (ek purbiye chakar rakhyo hato), he was sent to the house of a doctor (tene vaidne gher mokalyo). He walked a few steps and returned, he said, sir, why do you keep breaking my legs (sending me) again and again ? -- (Saheb, mane vaaram vaar shaa mate pag todavo cho?) You are in such a condition that you are going to die eventually; so why do you keep sending me? (to the doctor)

Vivechan - From this one should understand that one should keep a servant
(sevak) knowing that the sevak will perform his duties keeping in mind Prabhu's happiness/comforts (tehel). One should not keep a sevak/servant who is rude and not mindful of who is the lord/master (sama bolvo na rakhvo). Secondly, we should not get tired of our sorrow and give trouble to (harass) someone else. With patience we should keep faith on our Lord (dheeraj thi prabhu par vishvas), we should tolerate the sorrows. Cultivate great tolerance as instructed in the Vivek-Dhairya-Ashray granth. Contemplating on the Navratana stotra will maintain peace.

Prasang - 9

Jeevne sahej tasdi pan bhare pade che:

Once Aapshri said that ...
Someone had a problem with asthama (Dam ni vyadthi thayo hato - this is a breathing related illness which causes difficulty in breathing). He was being fed by his wife, even at that time he was running short of breath. Therefore the wife said ; i am the one who is feeding you, then why is it that you are running out of breath (why are you wheezing?) ? To this the that man replied ... who is eating/chewing your father ? (chave che kon taro baap? in a nice way of course) This means to say that this person is suffering even while chewing (chavta pan aane bhaar pade che)

Vivechan - Truly, the inert nature of the soul (jeev) is such. Our tongue is idle all the time, but we are not able to take names of Prabhu. Even to move the tongue becomes a chore. In order to do jap, it does not cost us anything, even then the jeev (soul) is not able to do the jap of prabhu. The situation/condition of the jeev is like this husband.

Best Wishes
Jagdish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jagdishbhai, it was my honor to put those Prasangs on this site really you have done a very nice job and please do keep posting as we need to complete all. Also do join in and share other pushtimarg knowledge on this site.

May Shri Krishna bless you for your kind efforts

Inaxi
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

So now Jagdishji has an assitant ! Good going Vasantbhai nad Jagdishji.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

I am grateful to Vasantbhai for posting them. Contrary to what has been said, actually, i am the assistant here and not vasantbhai. It is a pleasure to be able to do little service, in my very limited capacity.
Ultimately, it is all by His grace.

Prasang - 10

Shri Purushottam no Anubhav (Experience of Shri Purushottam):

Once a Vaishnav said .. Je Raj, Aapshri (you) are complete purushottam (Aapshree purna purushottam cho). To this Shri Gokulesh said that the love and faith that you have in me is Purna Purushottam.

Vivechan - This Vachnamrut is the bringer/informer of a very deep secret (bahu Rahasya Suchak Che). Bhakti (devotion) is not the subject of Buddhi (mind), but it is a subject matter of the heart. Therefore, a person without knowledge can be devotional, but a person without a heart cannot be devotional. A person with a heart is complete with all knowledge. (Hradaysheel manas sarva gnan parangat che) The heart of a beloved experiences the qualities of complete purshottam in their beloved. Those who are into rationalising things with their mind and intellect cannot understand this talk (Buddhivadi Aa vaat na samji shake). Prabhu resides in all his glory in a temple, but the way in which the heart of the person who sees/experiences purshottam in that svaroop is exactly how their aasakti is in that svaroop. In this there is no relationship of knowledge, therefore Mahaprabhu is saying that ... Gnaninaamapi vakyena na bhaktam mohayishyati The words of a gnani never deludes (puts that soul in illusion) a bhaktiman jeev. This means to say that a person who is hradaysheel never gets attracted by the words of a gnani in such a way that he would do his dealings with his prabhu based on the words of a gnani. Truly, one who has experienced prabhutva (divinity) in Mahaprabhuji and other swaroops, for them, even the criticism of divine swaroops never put them off (kadi chalayman thata nathi). Listening to Shishupals insults (cursing) did not deter the faith of all those devotees, such as, Bheeshma, Vidurji, etc. who were sitting in the assembly (sabha), from Shri Krishna.

On the contrary, it was Shishupal himself who got destroyed. Therefore those with heart do not have the hankering/desire/attachment towards knowledge (hradaysheel ne gnan no moh nathi hoto). But, they have the desire/hankering only for their beloved prabhu. Giving them the advice of knowledge (gnan) is like poisoning them (temne gnan no updesh jher che). Remembering the prasang of Shri Gopijan and Uddhav at this point provides clarity (in this matter). In front of the love-filled hearts of the Gopijan, Uddhavjis gnan had melted away. Knowledge belonging to a person who has a heart full of prem also melts away inside that love-filled heart and gets destroyed. Besides Prabhu, one should not be conscious of any other issues, this is Phal dasha. In Phal dasha who would want/wish to stop experiencing or enjoying the taste of the phal (fruit) and take up the empty shell of gnan (phal dashama phalno anubhav ke swad chakhvano chodi ne gnan na thothane kon chahay). Pushtimarg is not a marg, but it is the phal. It is the fruit with the divine taste from the vales of the heart and that is Pushti-Pushti. Means, Prabhu appears, by his grace literally close to/within/in front of the bhakt. (Etle, prabhunu bhakt pase krupa karine sakshat prakat thavu)

Last edited by jagdish on Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Good to see you Jagdishbhai and I want to really thank you for the above posting as I know this pustak is only available in Gujrati making it hard for me to understand. Plus there are other Bhavik Bhatia vaishnavs who also really appreciate your english inputs and have expressed their thanks to you.

Yes, I love to be assistant to all vaishnavs on this site so feel free to make me one, as you can see the site name is Krishnaseva and doing seva of vaishnavs is actually doing Krishnaseva and we are very happy with this site name.

Look at the title I was given

A --------- stands for Assistant
D --------- stands for Das
M --------- stands for male or you can say man
I --------- stands for Indian. (Born in India)
N --------- ? (blank) now you better Inaxibhen guess the right one or there will be punishment of hard question for you to answer.

Then put all in the sentence form so it makes sense or I will have to prepare for the difficult question. Good luck.

Last edited by Vasant Punjabi on Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Jagdishji, welcome. It is nice to see familiar faces in the satsang Tibari. I hope we all indulge in Krishnaseva and His divine service.

You have done a good service by translating Hashiya Vachnamrut. I enjoy it as well.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thank You for the warm welcome, the invite to any satsang tibari is always appreciated and one considers themself as very fortunate be part of it.

Pushtidasji, it is good to know that you and everyone here enjoy these simple translations. Please feel free to correct any shortcomings.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prasang - 11

Yogyata Pramane Sopni Karvi (Distribute/give/offer knowledge,etc according to the capability/capacity of the reciepient):

Shriji advised and said to Rohini betiji (Shrijiye Rohini Betijine shikhaman didhi, ane kahyu, ke apda gharma biju koi kai samajtu nathi ), that in our house there is no one else that understands anything, you alone are capable/skilled and good-natured (to eki pravin ane dahi che). You should do things/behave according to the status/ boundaries /honour of our house (Jem apda/apna gharni maryada che tem karje). That is why I am saying/telling you that in this year, I want to do Aasur Vyamoha (etla mate kahu chu ke Aa varshma Aasur Vyamoha karvu che). Do not mention this to Shri Vitthalraiji (Aa vaat Shri Vitthalraijine kahesho nahi).

Vivechan – Only hand over the house in time of need to someone who is skilled about the honour (knowing about the boundaries) of their house so that the boundary/honour remains maintained. On top of that, a big (as in someone who is situated at a high level of wisdom/knowledge) person knows about the situations of past, present and future. Therefore, they have always prepared from the beginning for their transcendental (alaukik) household business (gruha vyavaharni), furthermore, this kind of talk should only be disclosed to someone who is especially close (vali avi vat khas angat nej kahevay), by which they will be able to understand and tolerate it, secrets should only be disclosed to them. This, one also learns from this prasang.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Yes Jagdishbhai, I am not only reading but really enjoying it.

Thanks

jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prasang - 12

Good or Bad Acts Performed in Ignorance Most Definitely Give Fruit (Ansamaj Karela Dush-karya, Sat-karya Phal to Aapej):

One day someone said that there is no harm in taking without having the mind to take (man vinanu lidhu karyu kai dosh nahi). At that time Shriji said, try and take (eat) poison without having the mind to do so, let us see whether you die or not, and likewise, without having the mind to do so, if you take (eat) Clarified butter (Ghee), are you becoming nourished/healthy (pusht) or not.

Vivechan - Many say that if one commits a sin in ignorance/unknowingly then they don’t suffer the fruits of that sin. They should contemplate (put thought into) upon this vachnamrut. If unknowingly one commits a sin, one has to suffer the fruits of that sin (bhogavu pade che). In the same way, even in ignorance if one does a pure/good deed, then the fruits of that action are definitely good. Knowingly or unknowingly, reciting prabhus name acts like the burning matchstick which falls in the collection/mound of cotton (Roo na dhaglama), this results in the cotton mound burning away. Therefore, even for a moment, one should not miss (taking/thinking about) prabhus name. Always and continuously keep doing/performing pure deeds.
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thankyou Jagdishbhai for sharing this with us. Smile

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

no need for thank yous here, it is all by His daya and krupa. Please feel free to suggest changes or corrections.
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Jagdishbhai, looking forward for new prasang.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: