Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Control that chitvan?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Control that chitvan? Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

I was pondering over the many things which we discuss in satsang and a reccurring theme is the aim in being able to control ones chitvan, maan (mind)!

To conquer ones thoughts and focus our mental agility towards Thakorji is a goal that is greatly sought after. The result being that the bhakta would be strong in faith; have a fixed foundation and relationship with their Thakorji and would not allow forces of maya and kalyug affect them, thus in turn not effecting their relationship with Thakorji.

However my question is, does this include the ability to control ones hormones??

It is from the brain that hormones are released, these hormones undoubtedly effect our emotions, our decision making and our objective or subjective dealings with the world around us.

Does this then imply that by a form of yoga in concentrating ones mental thoughts on Thakorji, a bhakta should also indirectly be able to control the affects these hormones have on the body and mind?

hmmm food for thought. Any additional comments or criticisms welcomed.....

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Palnaji, hormones are produced by the individuals body and can create a distress or pain etc but same can be controlled by one's own body and mind.
There is saying if you have heard this

"Suffering is a Kiss from God with everlasting Joy." (Only if you can bare it )

These are the words of wisdom spoken by Shri Krishna to Arjuna in Shrimad Bhagwad Gita chapter 18 verses 51, 52 and 53.

"Endowed with a pure understanding, firmly restraining oneself, turning away from sound and sense gratification, dwelling in solitude by consuming Sattvika and regulated diet, engaged in meditation, casting aside all possessions and desires, controlling fully your body, mind and senses, giving up egotism, violence, arrogance, lust and anger such a man becomes one with Brahma, who is Truth, Consciousness and Bliss."

I know above is very difficult to achieve that is why even Shri Arjuna speaks back and say's to Shri Krishna that it is easy to control the wind (breeze)but it is even harder (difficult) to control one's mind.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you very much Vasntji for the very well written reply. I have not heard that phrase before but this suffering induces 'hilag', which as you have stated is a kiss (or krupa) from Thakorji. Vaishnavs, any other thoughts on the matter?

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Very good question, these hormones are a nuisance at times, they provoke the emotions to such a state where it becomes extremely difficult to keep one’s mind/chit stable. I guess this is the real test as Vasantji has illustrated above. The one who can conquer all these with their powerful devotion is an ardent devotee of Thakorji.

It is so simple to say to individuals to convert all lokik duties and activities into alokik within the mind. In my opinion in reality it is very tricky, hence I believe for this reason the association of vaishnavs, satsang and seva is vital within our life. In addition training each atom within ourselves, having the will power, discipline and confidence in the mind/chit is also imperative.

Conversely, the main Key is to have faith and instil the fact within your chitvan that you have surrendered and belong to Him. Whatever happens is a blessing and a step closer to Thakorji

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: