Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pusthi Email
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Yes Pushtidasji, the efforts from you and other active members are higly commendable. This is what has drive me to join this community.

At first I wanted to know more about Pushtimarg. But to tell you the truth I have very little interest in any marg now and yet I have found deep interest within me to know the life, to know the truth, to know the almighty, above all to know my own self.

Since people in this community are quite knowledgable, it would be a good platform to ask you all the questions thats poping in my head. I would not like to disturb the flow of this topic so I will create a new topic called "Questions" where we all can ask questions that can lead us to know ourself.

- Prashant
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Prashantji, it is very interesting to read what you say about your thoughts and your feelings. One thing struck me most (and I noted) is what you wrote:

Quote:
At first I wanted to know more about Pushtimarg. But to tell you the truth I have very little interest in any marg now and yet I have found deep interest within me to know the life, to know the truth, to know the almighty, above all to know my own self.

May I take liberty to ask you why your interst dwindled down on Pushtimarg? You wrote that you wanted to know this Path of Grace and now you are not interested, is it because what you are reading on the Satsang Tibari in Krishnaseva? Hope you enlighten us with your feelings.
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
I appreciate your concern, Pushtidasji. There are various reasons why I do not want to follow any marg. If you want I can bring out many points but this may hurt feelings of members.

Honestly speaking, when I was browsing this forum prior to joining I found that people in this group are quite open minded and may be I can ask few questions, not to test them but to know some truth.

I will write up a story tonight just to give you a glimpse of my line of thinking. And if you permit further than I would bring up many more points.

- Prashant
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
Thank you Prashantji, please do write your opinions and your understandings on this Marg or any other religious entity, but this site will only permit this liberal writing as long as it does not portray personal vendetta or sabotage individuals. So logical approach and facts are more than welcome in your postings and I will look forward to read your views when you post them.
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pushtidasji for letting me share my views in this forum. Let me start with a story and moving forward I will give my opinion on other topics.

Once upon a time there was a well renowned poet who was walking on the beach. He was enjoying glimpse of rising sun and cold breeze of the sea. He started remembering his girl friend who was lying sick in the hospital at some distant place. He thought of sharing these beautiful moments with her, to make her feel good. So he started writting poetry and decided to send her. He got a big bag and tried to capture the cold breeze of the sea and sent along with the letter.

Her girl friend received the letter and a bag. There was no limit to her joy after reading the poetry. The poem described about the beautiful rising sun by the sea and also had description about the cold breeze and the moments he enjoyed. In the end he wrote that I want you to enjoy the same cold breeze that I am enjoying right now so please find it locked in the bag.

The girl friend anxiously opened the bag but to her shock there was no cold breeze in it. There cannot be any cold breeze in the bag.

We all are like that. Our Rishi munis have enjoyed the breeze of god. They have tried to share these moments with us. We have received the letter in the form of scriptures, we have received the bag too but there is no breeze of god. There cannot be any god inside the bag.

If we want to enjoy the breeze we have to go by the sea. No one can capture that and send it to us. In the same way if we want to find the god we have to go near to him. No one can lock him in his bag or letter and send it to us. We have to discover him and find him on our own. No one can make us experience god. We have to experience on our own.

On a seperate note there are few people who have tasted sugar. They have descibed it to be sweet. They have tried to explain what does sweetness mean but no matter how much they explain it is impossible to understand what does sweetness means unless we taste sugar ourself. Our religions and sampradays are all trying to explain the sweetness of sugar and we have trained our self to repeat that sugar is sweet and yet we do not know what does sweetness mean.

- Prashant
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Believing is decieving Reply with quote

Here's another nice story I would like to share with you all.

Journey Within…

The ultimate truth is not away, it is not distant. It is near you, close, closer than you are to your self, but still you go on missing it, and you have been missing it for millions of lives. This continuous missing has become a habit. Unless the habit is broken, the closest remains the most distant (elusive); unless this habit is transcended, God, Truth, or whatsoever we may call it, remains just a myth, a theory, a doctrine, a belief, but not an experience.

And unless the divine is your experience, the belief is futile. It is not going to help you; on the contrary it may hinder you, because just by believing in it you deceive yourself that somehow you have known it. The belief becomes the deception. It doesn’t become an opening, it closes you. It makes you knowledgeable without knowing it; it gives you a feeling of knowledge without any intimate experience of it.
Remember, untruth is not such a great hindrance as belief in the truth. If you believe you stop seeking; if you believe you have already taken it for granted. It cannot be so. You will have to pass through a mutation; really you will have to die and be born again. Unless the seed that you are dies, new life cannot sprout out of it. Belief becomes a barrier; it gives you a false assurance that you have known-but that is all you have got. Belief is just borrowed. If Buddha says something, a Jesus says something, or a Mohammed, and then we go on following it, believing in it. This can create such a situation within you that the distance will appear close and closest will continue to appear distant-it creates an illusory mind.

I have heard one Sufi story. Once it happened that a fish in the ocean heard someone talking about the ocean, and the fish heard for the first time that there exist something like the ocean. She started to search, she started to ask and inquire, but nobody knew where the ocean was. She many fish, great and small, known and unknown, famous and not so famous, but nobody was capable of answering where the ocean is. They all said, they have heard about it; they all said, “Sometime in the past our ancestors knew it-it is written in the scriptures.” And the ocean was all around! They were in the ocean; they were talking, living in the ocean.

Sometime it happens, that the closest, the nearest, it so obvious that you can forget it. The nearest is so near that you cannot look at it, because even to look at something a certain distance is needed, space is needed. And there is no space between you and the divine; there is no space between the fish and ocean-no gap. The fish is part of the ocean, just like a wave; or the ocean is just the infinite spread of the being of the fish. They are not two; they exist together, their being is joined together. Their bodies may appear different but their inner spirit is one, it is unitary.
The same is the situation with us. We go on asking about God-whether God exists or not-and we argue much for and against it. Some believe, some disbelieve; some say it is just a myth and some say it is the only truth, but they all depend on scriptures, nobody has an immediate experience that has grown into you, or into which you have grown intimate, so intimate that you cannot feel where you end and that experience begins.

God cannot be an object of any search; he remains the very subjectively. You are not going to find him somewhere because he is everywhere, and if you start looking for him somewhere you will not find him anywhere. All that is, is divine. God just means the whole existence, the totality, the ocean that surrounds you, the ocean of life.

~ From “Towards the Truth” (Vedanta)

- Prashant
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we all love stories. Below is a real life story but it ends in a question. This story is about a friend of mine and he seeks some really thoughtful answer. Let's see what advice can we give him.

A friend of mine had a beautiful companion and they were in relationship for quite some time. They shared their bits of highs and lows together. By and large they were very happy together. But life is never so smooth and slowly they started having differences. One fine day for some unavoidable reason they had to separate out.

My friend and her companion had a common friend. This common friend was trying to help my friend to get back to her companion. They spent time together discussing what went wrong and how can they rectify the differences. Eventually the common friend got them on talking terms and they decided to resolve all their problems.

Now when my friend and her companion decided to get together again, he started having feelings for the common friend. And the common friend had also developed the same feeling for my friend. This friend of mine is in big trouble now. He truly cannot decide what should he do. Should he go back to her companion whom he loved all his life. Or should he go with this common friend who had helped him in his tough times to get back with the companion and whom he's also in love with.

He has asked for my advice. I am little confused on what advice should I give him as I being involved in this may come to conclusion based on emotion. Since you do not know any of them you can give the answer without being biased to any one. You can take judicious decision because there are no attachments involved. Would you all please take a moment to help me out with this. Please let me know what you all think and why.
With more answers he will have more points to evaluate before jumping on to any conclusion.

I know it may not be appropriate to discuss personal topics in this forum. But than I thought of the story of a mouse who seeked help of cow, pig and chicken. And how we concluded in the end that we should help others.

Anyways....any piece of advice would be helpful....

Thanks

- Prashant
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Prasantji, in this world everything is temporary including relationships, no time or situation is ever constant for anybody, people change over years, dependant upon circumstances and situations, or due to experience which in turn also transforms individuals needs constantly. We are all unique and have different desires, we cannot possible advice your friend what to as we do not know what’s installed for him in the future or what’s best for him. We can help others when they are in financial trouble, certain dangers or when need a shoulder to cry, however in this situation your friend will need to decide what’s best for everyone and try not to hurt anybody’s feelings. In this material world there will always be quarrels, separations, heartaches, happiness and unhappiness.

That is why we have chosen Pusthimarg, the Path of Eternal bliss. Thakorji’s and his leela’s are eternal, giving devotees everlasting happiness.

Prasantji, please do read regarding Vyal under the topic Gopigeet, Pusthidasji has explained the root of happiness and unhappiness in this material world in great detail, this may help you when advising your friend

JSK
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, let me apologize for making up the story in my previous posting. Well this is not a real story of my friend but this is a story that I wanted to relate with something. The idea was to present in a way that every one can understand and participate. But unfortunately only Sitalji responded that too in a very diplomatic manner Smile

Now since you all know that this is a story that we would like to relate to something can you again read the story and come up with the answer. Once again, just to recap, my friend and her companion are made for each other. They got separated due to some reason and a common friend helps them reunite. And in the process my friend and common friend falls in love with each other. And there starts the confusion.......

Think of your answer first before you read further. Do not scroll down before you think of an answer. Alright lets go down now......

Now let me relate this story to something very interesting.
"My Friend" is no other person but our own self, each individual jeev
"Companion" is none other than god
"Common friend" is none other than our beloved guru

So let us put these pieces together. Initially God and soul were one (companion). They got separated due to some reason. Guru (common friend) helps them reunite. Now the reunion is about to take place. God appears and Guru is also present and there is a confusion. Whom should we bow down first "Guru Govind Dono Khade, Kisko Lagu Pai, Balihari Gurudevki Jisne Govind Diyo Batai". Per Shastra we should first bow down to guru. Which means we go to common friend.

I am sure this is not the answer most of us might have thought of. Think over again......

While I was making up this story I thought may be this is not so relevant but its not irrelevant either. We have given guru the same stature as god. Guru Brahma guru vishnu guru devo maheshwara.....you know what I am talking about....

Does this make any sense???

- Prashant
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

A very interesting comparison Prashantji. A novel way of placing it and novel in its approach to grab many Vaishnavs attention, I am sure. All the better as it encourages all to do Satsang.

Apologies for my late ressponse on the topic but as they say "better late than never"

My honest advice in such a scenario would be to do what your friend felt was right. To follow their heart and mind and that what ever will happen, shall be due to destiny. (as governed by God)

Having revealed the scenario between self, God and Guru I stand by my advice. As each path, regardless of what it is; has specifically been created for individual souls comprising of different characters, desires and capabilities. This we already know is a purposeful action by God. Varied paths were initiated for varied souls.

However Prashantji if I may be so bold, I would like to analyse the scenario itself. On its own I feel the scenario is something which may commonly happen. However I think it fails to actually be truly relatable when applying it to God, Guru and Self.

My reasoning for this statement is based upon the foundations of my study. As a theology and religious studies student I am daily debating such matters. But what is strikingly obvious with this scenario is that God it seems, has been belittled in Gods own status.

As a general statement most people associate God with being omnipresent (every where), omnipotent (all powerful) and all knowing. Therefore this scenario fails to acknowledge that God being GOD, purposefully created and placed the Guru in the path of aiding reunion. And that if the self does fall in love with the Guru; that in actual fact, it is what the soul is capable of. Therefore my problem with this scenario is at the foundations of it. I felt it unsuitable as it disacknowledges each character in their own right. Therefore felt it invalid.

I hope my opinion and perspectives have not offended anyone and hope to hear all Vaishnavs responses.

Thank you Prashantji for such an interesting topic and approach. Much enjoyed!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Palnaji for your response.

I respect your opinion. I would not like you to buy my thoughts but at the same time a question arises in my mind. Doesn't our shastra says that god manifested itself from one to many. Soul is a part (ansh) of god and we are separated from god due to various durguns (sins) and what not (u know what I am talking) and our guru helps us to reunite with the god? Guru gives us Brahmsambandh, process of initiation to reunite with the god. So if we take these things into considertations, join all the different pieces of the story, than I believe (doesn't necessarily mean any one else should believe) the story relates. By saying all this I don't mean to sell my story or thoughts but just wanted to express my opinion.

Quote:

As a general statement most people associate God with being omnipresent (every where), omnipotent (all powerful) and all knowing. Therefore this scenario fails to acknowledge that God being GOD, purposefully created and placed the Guru in the path of aiding reunion. And that if the self does fall in love with the Guru; that in actual fact, it is what the soul is capable of. Therefore my problem with this scenario is at the foundations of it. I felt it unsuitable as it disacknowledges each character in their own right. Therefore felt it invalid.

Agreed God is omnipotent and omnipresence. So can he not play leela?

A quick opinion from my wife - I read out the whole story including your reply to my wife and she expressed her opinion which I thought to put it down here. This is what she says - "I would go with the companion than a friend. That's what society has set up (atleast Indian culture). If you promise to be with some one than should you not be loyal to them?"

- Prashant
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

A very respectful and caring response from your wife. I would agree to go with the companion who is God in this scenario. And of course Thakorji can play leela. But either way and what ever the self does, it is Gods leela, His predetermined icha(will).

I felt it necessary to state my objection to the scenario simply because I felt it lacking in background information. I felt that the topic is vast and much discussion would be needed to explore the relationship between Lord and self; but this scenario I felt, over simplified a complicated situation, therefore not giving it justice.

And my point was that God is all knowing and that His leela is purposeful so if one chooses the friend or the companion, they do so only because it is what God wanted. (His Leela)

I am also in agreement with your wife, as the act of Brahmsabandh is a reconnection ceremony between Lord and Soul, the Guru acts as a priest performing the ceremony. But ones loyalty and true sambandh (relationship) has been with God, is with God and will always be such. This is readily forgotten. The act of being able to do seva (service) towards Thakorji, (Krishna, God) is all His grace. He whom is truly Purnpurshotam and He who is not just the root but is everything.

Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Palnaji when you say this:
Quote:

And my point was that God is all knowing and that His leela is purposeful so if one chooses the friend or the companion, they do so only because it is what God wanted. (His Leela)

Do you mean everything is happening due to god's will? All the good and bad? Where does free will fit into this?

I am enjoying this converstation. I hope you don't mind such questions. At the same time I would request other vaishnavs to express their opinion too. Pushtidasji, Vasantji and all other vaishnavs where are you all??

- Prashant
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Likewise Prashantji. The question of ‘determined destiny’ is untimely. And I can only add my own opinion on such a matter.

I surely believe that God does determine what we do and what happens. But in this leela of life we are faced with constant choices, the choices we make whether right or wrong; I feel are an integral part in the process of our growth as individuals and devotees.

Thus I believe that along the way of life we are given choices and chances but God being God knows our characters and our minds therefore will know what we will choose to do. And along with these choices, comes experience from which I believe we learn and grow.

Therefore we have free will, and choice but God knows what were going to choose. With time and experience I believe we grow and likewise I believe that is how God pre-empts it to be.

If I may pick your brain and ask you for your opinion?

Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is my style Palnaji; to throw back question to the person who asked Very Happy.

To me free will means you are free to do anything. No power can govern you. You are completely free to make any choice. Even god cannot interfere in that. But the consequences are result of what choices you make. One has no control over the result. It could be predicted but the outcome is not guaranted.

I do not believe that god determine what we do and what happens. It could be predicted based on all the circumstances.

For eg, science has developed so much that it is possible to predict the weather with greater level of accuracy. This is purely based on all the parameters. Yet if one of the parameter changes, the outcome may not be the same as predicted. Similarly based on nature of a person and the surrounding factors and its scope it could be easily predicted how would be behave under certain cirumstances. But if one of the parameter changes i.e his will than the outcome would be different.

- Prashant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: