Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pusthi Email
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thankyou Sitalji and all who have imparted a thought provoking tale. Trying to understand and follow their deeper meanings will at the very least help make us better humans, which is a key to unlock our Thakorjis from within!

I apologise I no longer have a copy of the e-mail containing the article regarding the following real life event, but it made such an impact on my mind for several days that I hope I can reitterate to you with the same effect.

A teenage girl had passed her exams and was ecstatic with the results, she decided to go to a celebration party with her friends that night. Telling her parents of her plans she was warned that they wouldn't be home and so should not go out alone at night. Being the unrully teenager that she was she decided not to heed her parents advice and was in fact pleased that they would not be home, allowing for her to come back any time she liked.

The girl went to the party and had a great time with her friends. Unfortunately, the party ended and it was time to come home, her friends lived in opposite directions from where she did so believing herself to be independant enough she decided to walk home alone.

It was a cold night, each breath she took created a fog. As she walked a car driving past horned, whistles and cheers of laughter could be heard from the passangers within. The girl began to realise how vulnerable she really was, perhaps she had been very irresponsible after all. She neared her house but dread filled the pit of her stomach as she approached the alley she would have to cross to reach home. In day light the alley seemed harmless a place she crossed withought a second thought, but in the night it was looming with darkness of the unknown.

The girl stopped and prayed to the Lord, she looked up to the sky, she closed her eyes, " Lord I am very sorry, help me, lord help me I have done wrong, I did not listen to my Parents, and now I am scared and on my own, please be by my side, and give me the strength to cross this alley".

She put faith in God and began to cross the alley, half way she saw a man cloaked with a blankett, he looked up directly at her with a menacing glance. She quickly walked through and a few minutes later arrived home. She felt relieved and thanked God sincerely.

The next day at breakfast she read the front page of the newspaper, she was shocked to find out that a girl had been raped in the same allley she had crossed last night only five minutes after she had passed through. She cried for that girl but built up the courage to call her parents and the police to tell them what she had seen. The police called her in to identify the man she saw. She immediately recognised his face and informed them.

After he had been identified the culprit broke down and confessed his actions, he was asked why he did not choose the teenage girl. The man replied that the girl had not been alone she had a big strong man by her side.

The above is based on a true story and it shows the strength of a prayer and faith in God. It also shows that despite our actions God never leaves our side, we are never alone.

Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Trushnaji, the above story is one of my favourites. Hope silent readers are also enjoying these postings. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, I’ve stumbled across another attention grabbing fable. Please read below:

A LESSON IN JUSTICE

Alexander the king of Macedon wished to become the master of the whole world. He led his armies through many countries. Plundered cities, burned towns, and destroyed thousands of lives.

Finally, far in the East, he came to a land of which he had never heard. The people there knew nothing about war and conquest. Although they were rich, they lived simply and were at peace with the entire world. The shah, or ruler of these people, went out to meet Alexander and welcomed him to their country. He led the great king to his palace and begged that he would dine with him.

While they were seated at the table, servants of the shah stood by to serve the meal. They brought in what seemed to be fruits, nuts, cakes, and other delicacies; but when Alexander took a closer look he found that everything was made of gold.

"What!" said he, "do you eat gold in this country?" "We ourselves eat only common food," answered the shah. "But we have heard that it was the desire for gold which caused you to leave your own country; and so, we wish to satisfy your appetite."

"It was not for gold that I came here," said Alexander. "I came to learn the customs of your people."

"Very well, then," said the shah, "stay with me a little while and observe what you can." While the shah and the king were talking, two countrymen came in.

"My lord," said one, "we have had a disagreement, and wish you to settle the matter."

"Tell me about it," said the shah.

"Well, it is this way," answered the man: "I bought a piece of ground from this neighbour of mine, and paid him a fair price for it. Yesterday, when I was digging in it, I found a box full of gold and jewels. This treasure does not belong to me, for I bought only the ground; but when I offered it to my neighbour he refused it." The second man then spoke up and said, "It is true that I sold him the ground, but I did not reserve anything he might find in it. The treasure is not mine, and therefore I am unwilling to take it."

The shah sat silent for a while, as if in thought. Then he said to the
first man, "Have you a son?" "Yes, a young man of promise," was the answer.

The shah turned to the second man: "Have you a daughter?" "I have," answered the man, "--a beautiful girl." "Well, then, this is my judgment. Let the son marry the daughter, if both agree, and give them the treasure as a wedding portion."

Alexander listened with great interest. "You have judged wisely and
rightly," said he to the shah, "but in my own country we should have
done differently."

"What would you have done?"
"Well, we should have thrown both men into prison, and the treasure would have been given to the king."

"And is that what you call justice?" asked the shah.

"We call it policy," said Alexander.

"Then let me ask you a question," said the shah. "Does the sun shine in your country?"

"Surely."

"Does the rain fall there?"

"Oh, yes!"

"Is it possible! But are there any gentle, harmless animals in your fields?"

"A great many."

"Then," said the shah, "it must be that the sun shines and the rain falls for the sake of these poor beasts; for men so unjust do not deserve such blessings."

This story is worth thinking about and prompts us to reflect on our own actions. We have become selfish in this world; we are merely concerned with phrases and actions such as I and Mine these days, there seems to be no sense of appreciation or satisfaction. Our roots have been hidden away within ourselves.

When we leave this world we are not going to take anything away with us except for our good deeds and spiritual wealth (Bhagvad Naam). When we were born, it was us who were crying and everyone around us was amused. Now let’s try and turn the tables around, when we leave this world it should be us who is laughing and the world saddened for our loss, others ought to remember us for our goodness and activities which aided many

Humanity is the first step to Vaishnavta

Dear vaishnavs please don’t feel shy to correct my mistakes or jot down any other analytical thinking

JSK
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Inspiring Thoughts:

We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge. People make mistakes.

We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever.

Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient. Forgive & forget. Love one and all.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa

JSK
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnav

Still? No remarks? Well, I have yet again returned with another legend
Rolling Eyes

THE LOVER OF MEN

In the Far East there was once a prince whose name was Gautama. He lived in a splendid palace where there was everything that could give delight. It was the wish of his father and mother that every day of his life should be a day of perfect happiness.

So this prince grew up to be a young man, tall and fair and graceful. He had never gone beyond the beautiful gardens that surrounded his father's palace. He had never seen nor heard of sorrow or sickness or poverty. Everything that was evil or disagreeable had been carefully kept out of his sight. He knew only of those things that give joy and health and peace.

But one day after he had become a man, he said: "Tell me about the great world which, you say, lies outside of these palace walls. It must be a beautiful and happy place; and I wish to know all about it."
"Yes, it is a beautiful place," was the answer. "In it there are numberless trees and flowers and rivers and waterfalls, and other things to make the heart glad."

"Then to-morrow I will go out and see some of those things," he said.
His parents and friends begged him not to go. They told him that there were beautiful things at home—why go away to see other things less beautiful? But when they saw that his mind was set on going, they said no more.

The next morning, Gautama sat in his carriage and rode out from the palace into one of the streets of the city. He looked with wonder at the houses on either side, and at the faces of the children who stood in the doorways as he passed. At first he did not see anything that disturbed him; for word had gone before him to remove from sight everything that might be displeasing or painful.

Soon the carriage turned into another street—a street less carefully guarded. Here there were no children at the doors. But suddenly, at a narrow place, they met a very old man, hobbling slowly along over the stony way.

"Who is that man?" asked Gautama, "and why is his face so pinched and his hair so white? Why do his legs tremble under him as he walks, leaning upon a stick? He seems weak, and his eyes are dull. Is he some new kind of man?"

"Sir," answered the coachman, "that is an old man. He has lived more than eighty years. All who reach old age must lose their strength and become like him, feeble and grey."

"Alas!" said the prince. "Is this the condition to which I must come?"

"If you live long enough," was the answer.

"What do you mean by that? Do not all persons live eighty years—yes, many times eighty years?"

The coachman made no answer, but drove onward.
They passed out into the open country and saw the cottages of the poor people. By the door of one of these a sick man was lying upon a couch, helpless and pale.

"Why is that man lying there at this time of day?" asked the prince. "His face is white, and he seems very weak. Is he also an old man?"

"Oh, no! He is sick," answered the coachman. "Poor people are often sick."

"What does that mean?" asked the prince. "Why are they sick?"

The coachman explained as well as he was able; and they rode onward.
Soon they saw a company of men toiling by the roadside. Their faces were browned, by the sun; their hands were hard and gnarly; their backs were bent by much heavy lifting; their clothing was in tatters.

"Who are those men, and why do their faces look so joyless?" asked the prince. "What are they doing by the roadside?"

"They are poor men, and they are working to improve the king's highway," was the answer.

"Poor men? What does that mean?"

"Most of the people in the world are poor," said the coachman. "Their lives are spent in toiling for the rich. Their joys are few; their sorrows are many."

"And is this the great, beautiful, happy world that I have been told about?" cried the prince. "How weak and foolish I have been to live in idleness and ease while there is so much sadness and trouble around me. Turn the carriage quickly, coachman, and drive home. Henceforth, I will never again seek my own pleasure. I will spend all my life, and give all that I have, to lessen the distress and sorrow with which this world seems filled."

This the prince did. One night he left the beautiful palace, which his father had given to him and went out into the world to do good and to help his fellow men. And to this day, millions of people remember and honor the name of Gautama, as that of the great lover of men.

This narrative is a great reminder to us all that we ought to be living for our pyara Thakorji and his happiness. Our bliss is concealed in his pleasure and comfort.

In addition, true living is when you are able to live for others; this is when one will feel alive. Helping souls acquire joy in any form is one’s greatest gift in life.

Please feel free to criticise or add additional writing

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri krishna,

Amazing but interesting stories Sitalji. Very Happy

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Thanks Sitalji for nice topic n lovely stories, I am sure there are many silent readers like me who r njoying this topic.Very Happy Amazed with ur poem Vasantji, infact , Trushnaji,Palnaji, Unnatiji, Trushaji, how can I forget stories written by u. Enjoying each n every story please continue the same.......
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I am pleased that we have now set a lovely standard where all these stories enhances our thinking and progress into spiritual life.

Thank you every one and Hetalji thanks for visiting us. We missed you al lot.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs

Thanks for the feedback, agreed Pusthidasji, it is nice to see Hetaliji on tibari, hope we will continuously be graced with her presence

I am pretty sure that all of you have in the past, come across the following fairy tale:

The Frog Prince

One fine evening a young princess put on her bonnet and clogs, and went out to take a walk by herself in a wood; and when she came to a cool spring of water with a rose in the middle of it, she sat herself down to rest a while. Now she had a golden ball in her hand, which was her favourite plaything; and she was always tossing it up into the air, and catching it again as it fell.

After a time she threw it up so high that she missed catching it as it fell; and the ball bounded away, and rolled along on the ground, until at last it fell down into the spring. The princess looked into the spring after her ball, but it was very deep, so deep that she could not see the bottom of it. She began to cry, and said, 'Alas! if I could only get my ball again, I would give all my fine clothes and jewels, and everything that I have in the world.' Whilst she was speaking, a frog put its head out of the water, and said, 'Princess, why do you weep so bitterly?'

'Alas!' said she, 'what can you do for me, you nasty frog? My golden ball has fallen into the spring.'

The frog said, 'I do not want your pearls, and jewels, and fine clothes; but if you will love me, and let me live with you and eat from off your golden plate, and sleep on your bed, I will bring you your ball again.'

'What nonsense,' thought the princess, 'this silly frog is talking! He can never even get out of the spring to visit me, though he may be able to get my ball for me, and therefore I will tell him he shall have what he asks.'

So she said to the frog, 'Well, if you will bring me my ball, I will do all you ask.' Then the frog put his head down, and dived deep under the water; and after a little while he came up again, with the ball in his mouth, and threw it on the edge of the spring.

As soon as the young princess saw her ball, she ran to pick it up; and she was so overjoyed to have it in her hand again, that she never thought of the frog, but ran home with it as fast as she could.

The frog called after her, 'Stay, princess, and take me with you as you said,' But she did not stop to hear a word. The next day, just as the princess had sat down to dinner, she heard a strange noise - tap, tap - plash, plash - as if something was coming up the marble staircase, and soon afterwards there was a gentle knock at the door, and a little voice cried out and said:

'Open the door, my princess dear,
Open the door to thy true love here!
And mind the words that thou and I said
By the fountain cool, in the greenwood shade.'

Then the princess ran to the door and opened it, and there she saw the frog, whom she had quite forgotten. At this sight she was sadly frightened, and shutting the door as fast as she could came back to her seat.

The king, her father, seeing that something had frightened her, asked her what was the matter. 'There is a nasty frog,' said she, 'at the door, that lifted my ball for me out of the spring this morning. I told him that he should live with me here, thinking that he could never get out of the spring; but there he is at the door, and he wants to come in.' While she was speaking the frog knocked again at the door, and said:

Then the king said to the young princess, 'As you have given your word you must keep it; so go and let him in.' She did so, and the frog hopped into the room, and then straight on - tap, tap - plash, plash - from the bottom of the room to the top, till he came up close to the table where the princess sat.

'Pray lift me upon chair,' said he to the princess, 'and let me sit next to you.' As soon as she had done this, the frog said, 'Put your plate nearer to me, that I may eat out of it.'

This she did, and when he had eaten as much as he could, he said, 'Now I am tired; carry me upstairs, and put me into your bed.' And the princess, though very unwilling, took him up in her hand, and put him upon the pillow of her own bed, where he slept all night long.

As soon as it was light the frog jumped up, hopped downstairs, and went out of the house. 'Now, then,' thought the princess, 'at last he is gone, and I shall be troubled with him no more.' But she was mistaken; for when night came again she heard the same tapping at the door; and the frog came once more, and said:

And when the princess opened the door the frog came in, and slept upon her pillow as before, till the morning broke. And the third night he did the same. But when the princess awoke on the following morning she was astonished to see, instead of the frog, a handsome prince, gazing on her with the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen and standing at the head of her bed.

He told her that he had been enchanted by a spiteful fairy, who had changed him into a frog; and that he had been fated so to abide till some princess should take him out of the spring, and let him eat from her plate, and sleep upon her bed for three nights. 'You,' said the prince, 'have broken his cruel charm, and now I have nothing to wish for but that you should go with me into my father's kingdom, where I will marry you, and love you as long as you live.'

The young princess, you may be sure, was not long in saying 'Yes' to all this; and as they spoke a brightly coloured coach drove up, with eight beautiful horses, decked with plumes of feathers and a golden harness; and behind the coach rode the prince's servant, faithful Heinrich, who had bewailed the misfortunes of his dear master during his enchantment so long and so bitterly, that his heart had well-nigh burst.

They then took leave of the king, and got into the coach with eight horses, and all set out, full of joy and merriment, for the prince's kingdom, which they reached safely; and there they lived happily a great many years.

I apologise if some believe it to be immature to place an archetypal fairy tale on Tibari, nonetheless I feel that we can learn so much from these as well. In my opinion the above myth teaches one not to judge a book by its cover. I often find that many individuals criticise Pustimarg without knowing its entire contents and précis it to be some sort of a cult.

The Siddhant and Aprash followed seems to be perceived as a punishment in life when in reality they aid in setting a certain disciplinary routine which in turn enables one to imbibe into the spiritual world rightly. Many have stated that once a soul decides to become a Pusthimargi member, they will be forced to bring their normal life to a halt, which I personally believe is entirely wrong

Here we return to the famous phrase:

Quote:
Sansar ma Sarso rahe ane manna Mari paas
Sansaarma je lobhai nahi Te jaan mujno das||

The one who lives in Life and its materialistic society and also infuses his/her self to Lord Krishna, and does not get enticed by the material world, is my ardent follower. (The above quote and explanation was copied from Pusthidasji’s previous writing as my spelling of the above expression is poorly Embarassed )

In simple terms when a soul is in Pustimarg they are capable of enjoying the best of both worlds. Not indulging in the materialistic world with our mind is in actual fact a blessing as it is an illusion that is temporary anyway.

Palnaji once mentioned in satsang that when she engaged herself within Pustimarg, felt that she had finally started living her life. An 18-year-old girl has spoken these words Pyara vaishnavs.

Modern University students like Palnaji and Trushnaji who have to deal with a vast amount of internal and external influences love being vaishnavs and have proven that one is able to indulge in lokik and alokik simultaneously. This illustrates that where there is a will there is a way, souls can follow siddhant correctly and carry on with their normal duties as per usual. Our Pusthimarg is beautiful and unique, it is a goldmine, and our Charming King of the Kings is the topmost legacy, Thakoji is most definitely not a fairy tale. I would rather characterise Him as ETERNAL BLISS Smile

JSK

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

I very much enjoyed the fairly tale. These tales are some of those which many of us have grown up with as children. If not, we have certainly enjoyed and appreciated them as adults. They not only allow us to indulge in to our childhood wonderland but always have morals imbedded within their tales.

Sitalji you are too kind, I am bias when I say Trushnaji is a real *Star* but that is because she is my sister and guide. As for myself I merely do what I can, all of which is entirely at Shree Thakorji's ichar aur krupa!

As quoted, you mention the importance of ones "Maan" being constantly fixed on Thakorji. This is something which proves to be a true struggle for many. (myself certainly included)

One wants to have love for Thakorji which would be as natural as breathing! "Sahaj Prem" (natural love). Not forcing ones mind to thoughts or memories but to have such pure prem and devotion where the mind naturally discovers Him.(Thakorji) For that is something which is not fake nor forced but intrinsically apart of us. One might say it is when Shree Shyam focuses his glaze that we giggle and laugh in thoughts of love.(His varan) We live in hope and anticipation but expect nothing.

It is what goes on in the mind which is of significance, which only Thakorji can judge and only Thakorji can truly know.

Next tale please Sitalji Very Happy .......

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Palnaji, am grateful for your humble response and glad you enjoyed the fairy tale, modesty indicates another trait of vaishnavta. Wink Things do happen by the will and grace of the Lord, as he is the leader of this game, on the other hand to enhance the play Thakorji has also placed a gap within our soul where we have the ability to choose our own destiny Shocked

Results such as crime, adultery, and falseness are the outcome of erroneous choices. Therefore Palnaji, you had an option and opted for Pusthimarg using your own initiative. Beyond doubt Thakorji’s Grace and vaishnavs association is vital but so is your own will power, self-discipline, dedication and love.

Palnaji, once you have finished preparing for your final exams, we would also like to hear a story from yourself. Rolling Eyes Pretty Please Smile

Please read below the following anecdote:

"BECOS! BECOS! BECOS!"

THOUSANDS of years ago the greatest country, in the world was Egypt. It was a beautiful land lying on both sides of the wonderful river Nile. In it were many great cities; and from one end of it to the other there were broad fields of grain and fine pastures for sheep and cattle. The people of Egypt were very proud; for they believed that they were the first and oldest of all nations.

"It was in our country that the first men and women lived," they said. "All the people of the world were once Egyptians." A king of Egypt, whose name was Psammeticus, wished to make sure whether this was true or not. How could he find out?

He tried first one plan and then another; but none of them proved anything at all. Then he called his wisest men together and asked them, "Is it really true that the first people in the world were Egyptians?"

They answered, "We cannot tell you, O King; for none of our histories go back so far." Then Psammeticus tried still another plan. He sent out among the poor people of the city and found two little babies who had never heard a word spoken. He gave these to a shepherd and ordered him to bring them up among his sheep, far from the homes of men.

"You must never speak a word to them," said the king; "and you must not permit any person to speak in their hearing." The shepherd did as he was bidden. He took the children far away to a green valley where his flocks were feeding. There he cared for them with love and kindness; but no word did he speak in their hearing.

They grew up healthy and strong. They played with the lambs in the field and saw no human being but the shepherd. Thus two or three years went by. Then, one evening when the shepherd came home from a visit to the city, he was delighted to see the children running out to meet him. They held up their hands, as though asking for something, and cried out, "Becos! becos! becos!"

The shepherd led them gently back to the hut and gave them their usual supper of bread and milk. He said nothing to them, but wondered where they had heard the strange word "becos," and what was its meaning.
After that, whenever the children were hungry, they cried out, "Becos! becos! becos!" till the shepherd gave them something to eat.

Some time later, the shepherd went to the city and told the king that the children had learned to speak one word, but how or from whom, he did not know.
"What is that word?" asked the king.

"Becos."

Then the king called one of the wisest scholars in Egypt and asked him what the word meant. "Becos," said the wise man, "is a Phrygian word, and it means bread."

"Then what shall we understand by these children being able to speak a Phrygian word which they have never heard from other lips?" asked the king.

"We are to understand that the Phrygian language was the first of all languages," was the answer. "These children are learning it just as the first people who lived on the earth learned it in the beginning."

"Therefore," said the king, "must we conclude that the Phrygians were the first and oldest of all the nations?" "Certainly," answered the wise man.
And from that time the Egyptians always spoke of the Phrygians as being of an older race than them.

This was an odd way of proving something, for, as every one can readily see, it proved nothing.

Pyara Vaishnavs, there are so many uncertainties in this world. Once cannot for definite confirm that they will be healthy in a few years time or even alive. An individual could be a millionaire one day, and then followed by unforeseen circumstances end up losing all their wealth the next year.

Loved one’s leave this earth when it is their time and new relationships are formed over a number of years. Lets not forget the old age where looks deteriorates, fragility seeps in, no matter how hard you try, over years your value decreases in the eyes of others.

These scenarios demonstrate that in this temporary world nothing lasts forever and nobody’s company is eternal. Sounds pretty harsh hey, some would say what is the point in life then!

Hence, in Pusthimarg we live for and with our Shree Krishna who is eternal and everlastingly resides with us. There are no qualms concerning his departure from souls or faithfulness and love. His souls in Go-Lok are also our eternal sakhi’s (friend); consequently vaishnavs on bhutal are those sakhi’s from Kunj who are our true eternal friends.

Therefore their association on earth is fundamental as they remind you of your true identity and relationship with Shree Krishna, aid you in the right direction and help uplift the soul within. The more time spent in satsang discovering the truth, one will automatically deviate from the temporary world mentally and strive for the eternal life, which is full of bliss. For the reason that in the spiritual world, our eternal companionship happens to be the Lord of the three universes. HOW LUCKY ARE WE?

Please feel free to add any comments or correct any mistakes

JSK

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

A lovely email arrived in my inbox this morning, thought I’d share it on tibari:

THE BUTTERFLY AND THE FLOWER

Once there was a man who asked god for a flower and butterfly, but instead god gave him a cactus and caterpillar

The man was sad; he didn’t understand why his request was mistaken. Then he thought: Oh well, God has too many people to care for…and decided not to question.

After some time, the man went to check up on his request that he had left forgotten. To this surprise, from the thorny & ugly cactus a beautiful flower had grown and the unsightly caterpillar had been transformed into the most beautiful butterfly

GOD ALWAYS DOES THINGS RIGHT

His way is always the best way even if to us it seems all wrong. If you asked god for one thing, received another TRUST his intentions

What you want is not always what you need, God never fails to grant our petition, so keep on going for Him without doubting or murmuring

TODAYS THORN IS TOMMOROWS FLOWER

God gives the very best to those who leave the choices to him

JSK
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK

My apologies for delay in reply. Pushtidasji thanks for appreciation, infact I too miss lovely satsang n all vallabhi vaishnavs. Infact Krishnaseva website is like blessings for vaishnavs all around the glob. Sitalji thanks for being kind, u r gem in the ocean of pushtimarg.
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sital wrote:

Unconditional Love - motivating story

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.
"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favour to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."
"Sure," they replied, "We'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

Whilst reading the above I am sure that many of us can relate this back

Beautiful story Sitalji. With your kind permission I would like to tweak the story a little bit and try to derive another moral from it.

What would have happened had the guy told his parents upfront that I lost one of my leg and one of my arm? The possibility is that the parents would have accepted him. Why??? Because whatsoever it is he is their son.

The moment we tag anything with "I" and "my" our attitude changes, our feeling changes, our thinking changes. So what can one do to change this thinking and adopt unconditional love that Sitaji explained beautfilly in the above story. Perhaps there are two ways that I can think of. One is to dissolve what we call "my" and the other is to extend "my". Either dissolve to 0 or complete 360 degrees to get to the same point of a circle.

To me, God has extended his "my" to cover the whole universe. It is easily said than done. But if we cannot make a complete 360 degree we can atleast make an attempt to extend our "my".

Krishna Seva is already making an attempt to extend their "my" to all vaishnavs. Lets keep that up.....

- Prashant
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushti e.mail topic is really heart touching.
Everybody who contributed sharing their experience initiated silent reader to take part.
I am writing this experience which I was the one who pray to Shri Thakurji.
During year 1980 I with five coworker joined new organition at Delhi.We all with our family shifted to Delhi from Baroda.there were about six childern who were to be admitted in the school.
During our service with the new set up in one month I could observe that this mission will not continue for long because the intention of the owner was selfish,he used us as the tool for getting loan from bank.
One day during morning seva I prayed to Shri Thakorji if our mission is going to fail it would be better if it fails soon sothat childerns who are tobe addmitted in school can be taken back to Baroda and their study may not suffer
Within three to four days we all were fired with the notice of two month salary payment.
Though our mission got blame as unsuccessful but the study of the childern did not suffer.
Prayer for the good intention is granted by Shri Thakurji.
JAY SHRI KRISHNA.
Dattubhai.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Dattubhaiji it was lovely of you to participate and post your wonderful experience. Please do keep writing on tibari and blessing us with your satsang

Thanks Prasantji, I am delighted that you have analysed this story further and elaborated on other concepts. Please feel free to carry on; enjoyed reading your intellectual deduction of the article. Often we know what needs to be accomplished; however we don’t always manage to convert that theory into practice, instead are sidetracked and dragged into the river of Maya and Kalyug.

Hetalji, I do not deserve such praises, you are ever so kind. I am merely a beginner who is trying to understand this path through diamonds like yourself.

Please read below an appealing fable:

Two travelling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels
stay in the mansion's guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,

"Things aren't always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had, the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen? The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied.

"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."

"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead.

Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some time later...

At times it appears that it’s always the nice people around us who suffer and others not so friendly seem to escape with murder. The complexity here is that we are unable to look into the past and future; all we are able to acknowledge is the present and situations within this time span, in addition fail to recognise the alokik game behind this facade.

On occasions it has happened that individuals have laughed at vaishnavs who were involved in intense seva, as their life was full of material problems. They would then compare that vaishnavs life with a non-bhagvadia and conclude that it is better to steer away from Thakorji

If the vaishnav in reality were miserable would he/she really be carrying out seva? There must be something they are experiencing by indulging in god that rises above material enjoyment.

What do other vaishnavs think? Please feel free to correct or elaborate

JSK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: