Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shree Vallabhraiji's Pravachan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Palnaji for your prompt reply.

Some how I feel I will be doing injustice to the current topic by asking all sort of questions. 1-2 questions should be fine but somehow I have a feeling that my list of questions could be little longer than that (all depends on how much I can cope up with you all) and it could take us off track. Under such circumstances will it be a good idea to start a new post with the title Questions where I can post my silly questions or should we continue the way it is?

Please feel free to suggest the best way of doing this. I do not want to be like a bullock cart on highway that gets on the way of fast moving cars....

- Prashant
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Well done Palnaji that was really nice. Very Happy

Prashantji, Pushti means Grace or can even be called Anugraha.

Also note that Anugraha is the Dhrama of Shri Thakurji. It can happen any time, any place, in any situation which solely depends on Shri Thakurji while Jeev's dharma is Pushti bhakti.

One must take Brahmasamband first which you already have and balance leave it to Shri Thakurji (He is Param Krupalu). One must continue doing HIS seva regularly without any expectations and with pure love (Bhav).

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Shree Krishna,

Thank you Palnaji and Vasantji for throwing some light on my query.

Palna wrote:

Having the opportunity to be introduced into Pushtimarg and to take Brahmsambandh is an act of ‘krupa’ (grace) in itself.

I agree with you on this Palnaji. Not everyone in this world has the oppurtunity to be a vaishnav. Without Thankorji's grace we may not have been born as vaishnav or we may not be even doing this satsang.

You mentioned that the grace bestowed upon an individual is at the discretion of Shree Thakorji and we attain grace (krupa) not by personal choice but rather strife. You further went on to explain things giving some nice examples and I really appreciate your efforts.

Now, if we try to think little deeper in this than I feel that the discretion must be based on some criteria or some law or based on some qualities that we might possess. Otherwise how is one born in a vaishnav family and other not. If it's based on quality than it must be from past life in order to born as vaishnav. These qualities must be based on action or Karma that we did in the past life. So is it fair enough to conclude that Law of Karma plays an important role in getting Thakorji's krupa?

- Prashant
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Good questions Prashantji. And Thanks for the compliments Vasantji
As for the name or identification of a specific law which governs the act of Krupa that Thakorji gives, I am must say that I am unaware. But do not doubt that Yes there prpbably is a name for it. (Pushtidasji? Vasantji?)

As for the criterion of the type of person a soul has to be in order to become a vaishnav. Well that relates to the origin of the atman. It is by no means a random picking process.
This following is an extract form one of my essays.

Pushtimarg explains that each soul contains certain elements, which constitute what their purpose and religious path is. The concept of Atmah from Parmatmah (souls from the supreme which are atomic particles of Him) aids in explaining a souls purpose. It is said that the devotees of Krishna are in origin from his head to his naval. From the naval bellow it is believed the souls are non-devotes and other celestial beings.

The concept of a Devi Jeeva is of an uplifted soul who’s origin is from Krsna’s heart. These souls are considered to be His select few; which He has created to be with Him, It is thought the Devi Jeeva souls are capable of loving Krishna on a personal and open level.

‘Krishna, it is believed, creates devotees through his grace (pushti) in order that he might reflexively experience through their loving feeling his own blissful and loving nature (ananda).’ Share, R.S. 1992 ‘Mountain of Food, Mountain of Love’, Toomey P.M. The Eternal Food, New York, State University of New York Press, Albany

Unlike many other traditions within Hinduism Pushtimarg Vaishnavs do not practise caste segregation rather the differentiation and inequality lies in the component of the soul.

Not all Vaishnavs are devi jeevs but the point is that each soul has a specific origin and Thakorji finds His bhaktas and does Krups on them in order to attract them back. As for the role of Karma in this decision I personally feel it is insignificant.

This is because humans are fallible in nature, our minds will divert and one will make mistakes. Karma is a seed which we constantly plant and grow across many life times. I dont doubt Thakorji will not look at the Karmas of a person but if He wants that Bhakta I belive it proves to be irrelevant to Him. My resoning for such a statement is that again Karma is a constant plant we grow.(via good or bad actions-it taken as a universal law) If Thakorji stopped His Krupa soley because we have bad karmas He would probably have VERY FEW bhaktas. We can also refer to Vaishnav Vartas and the stories of asta sakhas. For example 'Chit Swami'. He was criminal in his actions but Thakorji still passed Krupa on to him.

The aim is to be aware of these laws but note that they do NOT by any means govern or condition Thakorji in His decisions in anyway. Thus they are of secondary importance. In additon when one becomes a bhakta of Thakorji the thought and worries of Karma should also become a secondary thought as the aim is to primarily focus of Thakorji Himself.

To conclude I believe we can infer that the laws of karma are universal but are secondary when Thakorji makes a decision to give Krupa. If a atman is His then He will plan for the right moment and time to give Krupa and evaluate according to His own criterion, what that specifically is I am not sure?? Vasantji, Pushtidaji ???

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: