Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aaj Kanaya Bahuta Bachiyo ree (Raga:Kanharo)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Aaj Kanaya Bahuta Bachiyo ree (Raga:Kanharo) Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaaj Kanhaya bahuta bachiyo ree |
Khelat rahiyo ghosh ke bahar Kou ayo shishu roop rachiyo ree ||
Mili gayo aay Sakha ki nayi lae chadhayi hari kandh sachiyo re |
Gagan udai gayo lae shyamhi shani dharni per aap dachiyo re ||
Dharma sahayi hote hai jaha taha sram kari purab puniyo re |
Sur Shyam jab kai bachi ayi vraj ghar ghar suykh sindhu machiyo re || (606)

The above Kirtan is of Surdasji. Can you tell what Surdashji is describing?
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

What no reply? Shall I give you a clue? Well, here we go, Surdasji is describing a leela where an evil personality penetrates into the Gope Games? Then what happened? Laughing
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Sorry Pushtidasji but I couldnt understand what Surdasji said, would you please care to expand on this leela? I must add that if I had the opportunity to sneak into the gopi games i would also try too Wink
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Let me try but first if I do the begining then vaishnavs might say I did the easy part so If I do the ending it will be the other way round so let me do both and leave the middle the easy part for some vaishnav Ok

Today Kana (Or Kaneya. Or Shri Krishna) saved us all

As we all gopes were playing outside when a demon came ---------

ending

Says Sur the ashtasakha poet (Shri Surdas) that Shri Shyam (Shri Krishna) saved them all today so there is happiness in every house in Vraj as everyone is enjoying and celeberating.

Please correct me Pushtidasji.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Kirtan Vivechan Reply with quote

JAY SHRI KRISHNA,
VASANTBHAI,I DEFER FROM YOU.
WHAT I understood is Krishna is saved from Pramblasur,who joint as gavl
bal in the game which they were playing.
They formed two team and capton of one team was Shri Krishna and Shri Balramji was capton of other team.
One who loose the game will carry on his shoulder the member of winning team.Pramlasur was in the team of Thakurji and when Thakurji's lost the game.Pralmblasur took Balramji on his shoulder and run far from the play ground.Knowing that he is asur Balramji killed that demon.

Pushidasji please confirm.
Dattubhai Purohit
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Yes Dattubhai I got it in a story form

One day while Balaram and Shri Krishna were grazing the cattle in the forest in the company of other cow herds, a demon name Pralamba arrived there in the guise of a cowherd boy with the intent to kidnap the two Brothers.

Even though knowing him and his thoughts the Lord approved of his friendship, but
contemplating the means of killing him. Then they made two teams and all played the game which were characterised by the role of mounts (in case of one party) and that of riders (in the case of the other party) in these games the one who won rode, while the ones who lost carried the former.

Thus carrying and being carried and pastturing their cattle wealth they all reached the Banyan tree

So when Shri Krishna's team lost and Shri Krishna bore Sridama while Pralamba bore Balarama he (demon) ran at fast pase and outside the boundary line when Balaram knowing him to be a demon assumed his weight as Mount Meru and hit him with his strong fist killing him.

All the cowherds on seeing this were amazed and very happy and all the Gods sent flowers from the sky exclaiming "Well Done Bravo".

Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well done everybody. Why have we not got more kirtan on this section of Krishna-leela? Any takers?
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Well Pushtidasji there are quite a few but was waiting for input by ardent vaishnavs if they like this style.

One more kirtan by Surdasji please inform the Lila being described.

Khelet mein ko kakau gusaiya !
Hari hare, jeete Shridama, barbas hi kat karat risaiya (1)

Jati panti hum so bade nahi, na hum basat tihari chaiya !
Ati adhikar janavat yaten, adhik tihari hai kachhu gaiya ? (2)

Ruth karai ta sao ho khele raho sakha sab thake thaiya !
"Soordas" prabhu khelyo hi chahat,
---------------------------- dav diyo kari Nand duhaiya. (3).

Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Long pending any guesses? Very Happy

or should we request Vasantji to unveil the secret Lila Embarassed

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Ok baba let me tell you this story (leela) as long pending.

It was monsoon season, heavy rains had just passed and vraj was booming with flowers and greenery all over even Yamanaji flowed with full force and the water danced as it took its course in the Vraj.

It was also perfect setting for the cows and cowherds, who had all gone to Vrindavan from Gokul.

Shri Krishna is the nutkhat type and always in playfull mood was dressed in all yellow and Daubhaiya in blue.

Now what should all cowherds do while their cows graze? They are free and they get bored so Dauji decided "let us all have a running race and the clever will win."

The boys including Shri Krishna were ready in a flash, with their dhotis tucked up, all set to run for a winning finish.

Madhumangal, mischieviously said " One whose mother has fed him with plenty of butter is sure to win. Trying to please Kanha but Dauji retorted saying in that case you (Madhumangal) have actually eaten only stolen butter, which is why you are fat and running is not for the fat ones like you.

Kanhaiya was now confident and said " Say what you all want to but I am going to win this race.

Subal did not accept this and said 'Kanha stop boasting. In case you are not aware, this sport calls for a physical prowess and not mental, so although you may be mentally agile and quick, Daubhaiya is the physically superior one. Forget about running as you will loose.

Friend Arjun intervened, and started getting the game organised. He placed them by saying " We are all here to play, and not fight. Whoever deserves to, will finish first. Now all of you please stand in the line, for the race and when I whistle you can all run.

The one touches that Kadamb tree first , is the winner do you all agree.

Soonest all agreed He whistled so loud that all could hear and all ran,
Obviously Shrdama was first, and who was last, our poor Kanha. all the friends jeered at Him and cheered, "Shridama won, Shridama has won." Madhumandgal added , Hehehe--- Kanha lost, Kanha lost!.

Was Kanha a sport? His reaction to all this was a sulk and a temper tnatrum. He isolated Himself from the rest, sat under a tree, and stamped his tiny feet in a fit of resentment.

His friends were not in the least taken in by this scene and instead said, " Lala, this is all part of the game. You win some you loose some. It does not make you big or small. Only the winner is big and the looser small only in that game. That is all. It ends there, it hardly matters that you are Nandbava's son. If you have lost, you have to accept it, and Shridama's victory. We see no reason for this big show of temper. You must develop a sporting spirit. Being Nandbava's son does not make you priviledged in any way.

We are all cowherds, although we may not have as many cows as you have and we are also not dependent on your father. This bullying will not be tolerated. We are all friendly types and do not like sulking, spoilt behaviour. So do you want to remain our friend? Then you must take your turn for Nandbava's sake."

Did Kanha have any choice? He muttered and grambled under His breath, as He wiped the tears from His eyes. He was ready for His turn.!

jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

please can we continue these ...
Ankur
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay shri krishna vaishnavs,

Regarding the previous kirtan by Shri Surdasji,can anybody explain the bhavarth of the following 2 panktis

Quote:
Gagan udai gayo lae shyamhi shani dharni per aap dachiyo re ||
Dharma sahayi hote hai jaha taha sram kari purab puniyo re |

Jay Shri Vallabh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Kirtan Vevachan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: