Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who was the first Vaishnav??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Who was the first Vaishnav?? Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Vaishnavs i have a query and hope that some one may be able to answer my two part question. (Inaxi and Sunitaji get out those note books quick, quick while no one it looking Wink )
Who was the first Vaishnav, Goverdhanat or Damordasji?? If it is said that Goverdhanat was the first vaishnav i then query if that is possible as Mahaprubuji was not on Buthal at the time to give bramsamandh?? Like Pushtidasji said to all the silent readers "Daheeta Drushyatam MAN!!" Razz so please add your thoughts and share your vast knowledge.

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Who was the first Vaishnav, Goverdhanat or Damordasji?
Shri Vallabhacharyaji closed his eyes and meditated on God Krishna who appeared to him in a vision in the form of ShriNathji. He could clearly hear the BrahmaSambandha, mantra, a mantra of self dedication or consecration of self to God Krishna. Shri Acharyaji related this experience to his worthiest and most beloved disciple, in the early morning,“Damala, did you hear any voice last night” ? Damodardas replied in negative. He became the first vaishnav.

Please feel free to correct me..........
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

please excuse my ignorance but who is/was Goverdhanat ?
- it would be good to hear/see this story also.

it could be said that the first Pushtimargiya Vaishnav was Shri Damodardasji (Damlaji) who was a very simple (saral) Vaishnav
- as Unnatiji has mentioned.

When Shri Mahaprabhuji told him that this path has been brought to light (This maarg was made pragat - Yaha Maarg ) for him only (for Damlaji only)
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

I have also read that Damlaji was the first vaishnav to receive Brahmasabandh.

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Jagdishji, you are right he was the first pushtimargiya vaishnav.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I think Palnaji is talking about Shree Goverdhan Parvat, that is Shree Goverdhanji. I hope this what she meant. Please Palnaji confirm.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
OOOPS Sorry Vaishnavs, Yes it was miss typo. I only just noticed. So who was the first vaishnav as Goverdhanji did seva of Shreenathji by proving caves for leelas, shelter, food and grass for the cows etc.... Goverdhanji conducted things a vaishnav does and did seva so agian i ask who was the first vaishnav? and if it is Goverdhan Parvat then how can that be as Mahaprabuji was not born to give bramasbandh mantra??
JSK
P.S Sorry for the confusion Embarassed ooopsy My bad!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

There are many example's in the 252 varta book of vaishnavs doing seva before receiving initiation. Alikhan's daughter Pirjada was a vaishnav and had received Thakorji's seva and darshan without initiation. Afterwards she was told by Thakorji to go take Brahmasabandh from Shri Gusainj.

Have also read that another vaishnav received initiation after leaving the material body. After reading these varta's it can be argued that soul's could have received initiation before they came on bhutal.

In my opinion it is possible for Shree Goverdhan Parvat to be the first vaishnav. Please elaborate on this vaishnavs as Palnaji has brought up a very interesting topic.

JSK
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Sitalji I agree and also beleive the answer to be Goverdhan Parvat as Vaishnavs existed and attained Thakorji before Mahaprabhuji and Pushtimarg. The Natkhat has always been around you know!

However, if i think on those lines then does it not mean that the 1st Vaishnav was the first to serve Thakorji even before Goverdhan Parvat?#

So who was the 1st vaishnav of all time to serve Thakorji?

(wasnt that the one who served Dwarkadeshji was it?) can he be counted as a vaishnav?!! blimey can someone help me out here im confusing myself!!) Rolling Eyes
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Trushnaji, could the 1st vaishnav be Indra Raja?? 1st one to fill jaariji for Thakorji

When Thakorji said to Nandabava to worship Goverdhan and not Indraraja, all the samagari (chapanbhog) prepared for Indraraja was offered to Goverdhan. Indraraja was angry and he made sure that it rained for days and days in vraj. Afterwards, Indraraja realised his mistake and apologised to Thakorji. Thakroji said to him…

“look at all the samagree offered to Me by vrajvasi but only small pot of water, you have done me favour, you are the first one to fill the jaariji”

But then again Trushnaji, you could be right the 1st vaishnav could be Brahmaji, who served Shree Dwarkadisji after doing tapa for 1000 years. To read more on this prasang follow this link, where you can read about Nidhi Swaroop, written by Pushtidasji…… http://www.parishadlondon.org.uk/id22.html
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanx Nirupaji! yes I was thinking about Brahmaji, I also had a thought that a Vaishnav is one who serves Vishnu? is this true?
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Think you are right Trushnaji by saying that Brahmaji is the first vaishnav to serve Thakorji. Palnaji had cleverly constructed this question in asking who the first vaishnav was rather than putting the first pusthi vaishnav.

Palnaji where are you? Take us out of our misery and put down the answer please

JSK
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

One more doubt so please clear it.

Lord Shiva is considered as Param Vaishnav
So what number is he ? (second ?)

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Sunitaji...I promise I haven't turned into a silent reader, i've been busy with university assignments! yuk!!!! I wonder what Thakorji thinks of university!

Anyway, I think (wild guess) that although Shivji is considered as Param Vaishnav he does not serve Thakorji in the same way, as how Brahmaji did seva with Dwarkadishji swaroop. But what a good question! I was told before that Thakorji is like milk and Shivji is like dhain (yoghurt), and he loves Vaishnavs! How cool is he! Cool

I think my answer is wrong though....sorry
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Trushnaji, Thanks for sharing your thoughts as all counts and you are doing good.

Pushtidasji, is eagerly waiting to award you the Tibari Star so I want to see that you are next we love your postings.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: