Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balbodh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Nirdosh Purna Gunata Tatsahastre Tayoho Kruta Bhog Mokshfale Datuma Shaktau Dwavapi Yadyapi (13)

Nirdosh : Innocent

Purna : All

Gunata : Divine attributes

Tatsahastre : Mentioned in their respective scriptures

Tayoho : Both of them (Shiva-Vishnu)

Kruta : Is been described

Bhog : Worldly physical emetics

Mokshfale : Fruits of salvation

Datuma : To Give

Shaktau : Capable of

Dwavapi : Both of them

Yadyapi : Or else
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Quote:
Vastunaha Sthiti Samharau Karyau Shastra Pravartakau |
Brahameva Tadrusham Yasmat, Sarvatma Katyoditau || (12)
Nirdosh Purna Gunata Tatsahastre Tayoho Kruta |
Bhog Mokshfale Datuma Shaktau Dwavapi Yadyapi (13) ||

Vastunaha : Benefactors of the world. This is an element which has its identity. So really the benefits of these elements are only valid if they have some kind of tags that depicts its own entity and identification.

Sthiti : Operate. It is really not to "operate" but sthiti here means the protector (rakshak).

Samharau : Destroy, it really means the destroyer.

Karyau : 2 causes. The above two causes are of Vishnu and Shivji, this is their function. So really Karyau here means duty (kartaviya).

Shastra : Shiva-Vishnu Shastra

Pravartakau : 2 acts of existence and annihilation of every thing. These two (acts) are in connection to four pursuits (Pursharth), accepted by Shruty Veda, Panchratra and Pashupat Shastra. These are the instigator of Shastra. The earthly people who are vulnerable, immature spiritually, and have non moksha desire as they have no religious aptitude do not have any inclination towards the happiness or misery in their life. As these earthlings are hopeless to constitute universal philosophy of life and death, and these aptitude triggered the help from the Veda Shastra to instigate annihilation of everything and crevasse Moksha into it. So Pravartakau really means the act which instigate an annihilation against existence of earthly vices.

Brahameva : Brahma only. Brahm means Shruty, Pratipadit param tatva (the element which acknowledges the Vedas and Shruty (Shruty- Voice of God)).

Tadrusham : Like him only. This word is really not 'like him only' it really relates to two prominent forms, so it really should read as 'like them only'. These forms are Vishnu roop and Shiva roop.

Yasmat : Through which

Sarvatmakaty : Proficient and propagators of scriptures of salvation.

Oditau : Is said (on both forms, that is Shiva and Vishnu).

Nirdosh : Innocent

Purna : All (complete)

Gunata : Divine attributes.

Tatsahastre : Mentioned in their respective scriptures

Tayoho : Both of them (Shiva-Vishnu)

Kruta : Is been described (with this both the elements of scriptures are described)(As per Shruty only Braham has all swaroop, the forms, all names and Karma). There are five chapters in 'Pashupaat-Yogavidhi' for Jiva to get Salvation. And these are:
(1) Kariya (deed) Here the doer is Jiva and Pashu (all earthly living things)
(2) Karan (reason). (The reason is Pashu Pati, that is, the God should be the reason for salvation and liberation).
(3) Yoga (The Yoga of Jiva is to salvage and get liberation of one's mental state).
(4) Vidhi (rituals) For instance, bath, One should follow three times a day this ritual before penance (taap).
(5) Dukhanta (how to end unhappiness) This is the Moksha which will end the unhappiness.

In 'Panch ratra' God is only Vasudev (Krishna), He is niranjan
(faultless), Gyan-swaroop (form of knowledge), parmartha (the prominence of being god). As he is Sankarshan, Praduman, Anirudh and Chaturviewha (these are the forms of Krishna). For Jiva to acquire the state of Moksha, the salvation and ultimate liberation, needs to invest, that is to control all five chapters, described as above. This way Jiva can acquire that attainment to be with god. It is said that to achieve this attainment the Jiva has to be free of any worldly physical substance that causes deprivation towards spiritual world. Jiva should serve God for life, and this way Jiva can acquire the closeness to God. So in Panch ratra, it is suggested that these two important forms can instigate the salvation of Jiva, this is then is the only route depicted in Purans. The ignorance of this difference erratic behaviour of Jiva leads them into the category of their desire to serve different Demi gods and thus reach up to the level of sayujaya which is the state of being there, but the happiness of having Bhagvad anand is not present in this state. So this state is known as "samarta-lokik-moksha".

Bhog : Worldly physical emetics. (Emetics= a substance that causes vomiting). We did speak of Sankhiya Moksha, now the Pashu Jiva Panch ratra suggest for Bhog, Moksha and fala are instigated by Shiva and Vishnu, so Brahma is the one to take charge of this fala. They are capable (Shaktau) to bestow this Moksha. Shree Naradmuni also reiterates this in his 'Narad-Panch ratra'. Please note these Moksha are 'samrthiya suchak' (only acquired according to one's ability) and not 'daan suchak' (is not bestowed but only given as per the Jive's deeds).

Mokshfale : Fruits of liberation

Datuma : To Give

Shaktau : Capable of

Dwavapi : Both of them

Yadyapi : Or else (both Shiva and Vishnu)

Summary

The operators and the benefactors is Vishnu, the sustainers of creation while Shiva is the destroyer. Both have been revealed as such in their own scriptures and this has also been reiterated by Naradmuni in Narad-Panch ratra. Note with knowledge that, without a doubt, the Supreme Brahman is both Vishnu and Shiva for they have both been declared the Self of all things.

They have been described in their own scriptures as flawless and replete with all divine virtues. Even though, they both are capable of giving Moksha and fala, but Bhog (enjoyment) is appropriated by Shiva and Moksha (liberation) is rewarded by Vishnu, this is instigated in Vedas. (12/13)
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, Thanx for correcting me. And again the explanation was satisfactory.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Unnatiji, I am sure you have looked jnto and study Balbodh, please free free where you see any weakness in my posting. We all learn and we enhance our understanding by doing mannan and satsang. So when you say satisfactory, that means we have missed some points. Please do tell whenever there is any weakness.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Please note the next posting of Balbodh will be on or after 23rd April 2006. Thank you all for your lovely emails and encouragement. My special thanks to our Nishthavan Vaishnav Shree Unnatiji, she is a refreshing personality in this tibari. Thank you Unnatiji.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pushtidasji, Satisfactory i said coz the explanation is very much Satisfied to me that what i needed was there in it or i can say much more was there in it. Actually i wrote there wrong it should be excellent. Sorry for the misunderstanding created by me.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh

Thanks for prompt reply and thanks for the explanation. Good luck and hope you will carry on posting in our Tibari.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou Pusthidasji & Unnatiji, Balbodh explanations are excellent. Love the way you break down each word, explain it and then summarise each stanza.

Thank You

JSK
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Sitalji. Once the Balbodh is completed in our Tibari, my intention is to put a short version which will make it a very easy reading and also easy to carry in the purse..hehehe Palnaji, is it not fun?
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Hehehe, It is fun and so much more considering we get to have a pocket version for our hand bags. The Bal Bodh may then join my pyara Thaokrji...whom also resides in my mobile Wink

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I asked the following question earlier.

Quote:
Pushtidasji, in 10th stanza, explanation of the word Brahma, you said ………

“All these three devs are known as Sagoon devs. In Puran, these tri-devs are described as attributes of three goons within three folds. But, with the curse bestowed on Brahmaji by Sarasvatiji-curse, Brahmaji is not served as Vishnu and Mahesh are served for liberation”

Can you please explain why Brahmaji was cursed by Sarasvatiji-curse?

Pushtidasji can you please tell us the story that you mentioned and Vasantbhai kindly tell us the legends which you referred to. Eagerly waiting.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you for reminding me that you had asked the above question. I wanted an interaction from other vaishnavs and I did mention this to you in the private message I sent to you.

Anyway the story goes this way:

Brahmaji did have the umph regarding the vedic knowledge and as he had demostrated the aptitude regarding his knowledge and defied Sharasvatiji on few occassions, Sharastvatiji cursed him by saying that you will not be worshiped as you have that hump of knowledge.

The incident was recorded by Naradji, as he was in consultation regarding Chatursloki Bhagvatji, and at that time Brahmaji bragged about how he was bestowed with Vedic knowledge and that he was the only person who has this knowledge.

Naradji then reminded him of Shree Sarasvatiji, but Brahmaji said that she is a woman and her knowledge does not count. And thus, this made sarasvatiji appear and cursed Brahmaji.

There are other three versions of this curse. I hope someone will put them , and that way we will have all three versions. I hope now that I revealed my version, Nirupaji, you will persuade other vallabhi to put theirs.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

That was really wonderful Pushtidasji thanks for sharing with us.

Yes Nirupaji here are the stories I was talking about.

At the beginning of the process of creation, Brahmā created ten Prajapatis (used in another sense), who are believed to be the fathers of the human race. The Manusmriti enumerates them as Marichi, Atri, Angirasa, Pulastya, Pulaha, Kratu, Vasishtha, Prachetas or Daksha, Bhrigu, and Narada. He is also said to have created the seven great sages or the Saptarishi to help him create the universe. However since all these sons of his were born out of his mind rather than body, they are called Manas Putras or mind-sons.

Brahmā only occasionally interferes in the affairs of the Gods, and even more rarely in mortal affairs. He did force Soma to give Tara back to her husband, Brihaspati. He is considered the father of Dharma and Atri.

Brahmā lives in Brahmapura, a city located on Mt. Meru.
Brahmā is an agent of Brahman, the Supreme Being or Absolute of Hinduism.

Brahmā is usually depicted with four heads. The reason given is as follows. When Brahmā was creating the universe, he made a female deity known as Shatarupā (one with a hundred beautiful forms). Brahmā was immediately infatuated. Shatarupā moved in various directions to avoid the gaze of Brahmā . But wherever she went, Brahmā developed a head. Thus, Brahmā developed five heads, one on each side and one above the others. In order to control Brahmā, Shiva cut off the top head. Also, Shiva felt that Shatarupā was Brahmā's daughter/son, being created by him. Therefore, Shiva determined, it was wrong for Brahmā to become obsessed with her. He directed that there be no proper worship in India for the "unholy" Brahmā. Thus, only Vishnu and Shiva continue to be worshipped, while Brahmā is almost totally ignored. Ever since the incident, Brahmā has been reciting the four Vedas in his attempt at repentance.

Another legend of the lack of worship of Brahmā is as follows: Once, harth Vishnu and Brahmā approached Shiva and requested to find his beginning and end. Vishnu was appointed the end, and Brahma the beginning. Each took their journey, and neither could find their appointed destination. Vishnu, satisfied, came up to Shiva and bowed down to him as a swarupa of Brahman. Brahmā did not give up so easily. As he was going up, he saw a kaitha flower, dear to Shiva. His ego forced him to ask the flower to bear false witness of Brahmā's finding Shiva's beginning. When Brahmā told his tale, Shiva, the all-knowing, was angered by the former's ego. Shiva thus cursed him that no being in the three worlds will worship him.

There is another legend which relates Brahmā's not being worshipped to a curse by the great sage Brahmarishi Bhrigu. Once a great fire-sacrifice (yajna) was being organised on Earth with Bhrigu being the high priest. It was decided that the greatest among all Gods would be made the presiding deity. Bhrigu then set off to find the greatest among the Trinity. When he went to Brahmā, he was so immersed in the music played by Saraswati that he could hardly hear Bhrigu's calls. The enraged Bhrigu then cursed Brahmā that no person on Earth would ever invoke him or worship him again.

India today has but two temples dedicated to Brahmdev alone as opposed to the thousands of temples dedicated to the other deities in the Trinity namely Shiva and Vishnu. The more famous one being at Pushkar in Rajasthan state.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Vasantji for all three versions. They are wonderful and very nicely posted.

The legendary stories have many variances and although these stories, the events are different, they all point to one direction, and that is that the Brahmaji was cursed on at least on four occassions and hence, was not worshipped like othe two major forms. I hope now Nirupaji is satisfied with the versions. Thanks again Vasantji.
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Pushtidasji and Vasantbhai for a quick response and for very interesting and informative stories/legends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: