Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balbodh
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Balbodh Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna to all vallah vaishnavs,

I have heard that the Balbodh which is written by Mahaprabuji, is excellent. I do realise that the contents is huge, however could a vaishnav please kindly explain a few passages from there in English?

Many Thanks

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai SHri Krishna,

Here are few words on Balbodhah

When Shri Mahaprabhuji asked his devotee Shri Narayan Das Kayastha, The resident of AMbala, one of the eightyfour vaishnavs to go home, Shri Narayandas prostrated to the Acharya's lotus feet and prayed

" Your holiness ! I have remained so long time in your service, but my conscience did not experience enlightenment. Kindly tell a way out of the worldly pains and pleasures and means to concentrate my mind on the lotus feet of the Lord."

Shri Mahaprabhuji then graced him with his Charnmrut (the sacred dust of his lotus feet ambrosia) and taught him BALBODHAH

The treatise Balbodhah is meant for the persons of pure heart, ignorant of their own weal and woe deserving mercy and possessing childlike innocence, so that they may earn the capacity of admission to the Lord's refuge or piety of their choice without resorting to any other means.

NATVA HARIM SADANANDAM SANGRAHAM--------------------BALA PROBODHAN-----------------------------------

Meaning

Having bowed to God (Lord Shri Krishna), the very form of eternal bliss (the dispeller of the devotees pains and sins).

I put forth the specially ascertained compilation of all the doctrines for making them intelligible to childlike individuals.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you so much Vasantji, vaishnavs please do share your knowledge with us, we can only advance with Thakorji's grace and ur teachings plus aashirwaad.

Thanks

JSK
manish
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

if your after translation only then they are available at:

http://yamna.co.uk/shodash_grantha/2_balbodha.asp

though considered an intro only, I find it hard to fully understand.

sure other members can explain verse to verse in more detail.

Jai Shri Krishna,

Manish Ashar
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

I found this website link useful on Balbodh: -

http://www.geocities.com/pushti_marg/balbodh.htm

I agree with Manishji, can other members try and explain verse by verse in more depth please Exclamation

JSK
Trusha

Last edited by Trusha on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou Manishji & Trushaji, had a look at the site's and they are useful.

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

If possible please discuss balbodh also word to word like did before for Shri yamunashtakam, Manglacharan etc...
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Balbodh history was portrayed very well by Vasantji and rest of the link I have also followed, but in my opinion this is an opportunity to indulge in Balbodh word by word and with in depth understanding.

I understand that Balbodh was written for all Vaishnavs and it is like introduction to Pushti marg and also in depth explaination of entrant dos and don'ts.

If you all are willing then we can indulge into this granth in more depth, word by word, stanza by stanza and verse by verse.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

appreciate the offer, and look forward to the indepth dive.
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Shri Krishna.
Earlier is better,Shubhasya shrigram.
We like to hear anything related to Pushtimarg and Shri Mahaprabhuji's vani.
Dattubhai.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thanx for the support to all the vaishnavs. Please continue.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Let me try this.

NATVA : AFTER BOWING

HARIM : SHRI THAKOREJI

SADANANDA : KNOWLEDGE AND BLISS FORM

SARVASIDDHANTA SADGHRAM : COLLECTION OF ESTABLISHED DOCTRINES

BALPRABODHNARTHAY : FOR THE KNOWLEDGE OF NEW COMERS IN THIS PATH OF GRACE

VADAMI : TELLING THIS(SHRI VALLABHACHARYAJI)

SUVINISHCHITAM : VERY BEAUTIFULLY AND WITHOUT ANY WORRIES.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well done Unnatiji, we are now really having the nectar of shree Vallabh. The Balbodh is part of Sixteen Works of Shree Vallabhacharya's Instructions. This Granth was really for Spiritual Children. As explained by Shree Vasantji, Shree Mahaprabhuji wrote this Granth originally for His disciple Shree Narayandas. This Granth is truely a guide for novice on the spiritual path of Pushti and guides to the avenues of different approaches to liberation.

Shree Vallabh, after explaining the different approaches, He explains briefly upon the Beloved Devotional Practice.

The First stanza is:

Natva Harim sadanandam sarvasiddhantasangraham
balaprabodhanarthaya vadami suvinischitam || 1 ||

Now Unnatiji has explained the meanings of each word which is absolutely accurate in it transcedent translation.

So what does whole stanza entails after the words and its meanings? Well lets try.

After bowing to the most and the all blissful Hari, I now explain the essence of knowledge and teachings to the young (who are entering the spritual life of Pustimarg) souls.

Here Shree Vallabh is talking about young souls, which only means all the souls who are at initial stage in the spiritual path. Remember Souls do not age, but here Shree Vallabh when talks of the young soul, he describes the early stage when a disciple joins the path. So in general, a small 12 year old or sixty year old, they both are depicted as young soul when initiated into path. So the Balbodh Granth is for all ages of Spiritual Children only, for young Souls (Young Children) who are at entrant stage, hence, the name Balbodh.

Now to next stanza:

dharmarthakama moksakhyaschtvarortha manisinam
jivesvarvicharena dvidha te hi vicharitah || 2 ||

Well now I will leave the word by word meanings of the above stanza with our expert Unnatiji. Thank you Unnatiji for such a clear break down of sanskrit words.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pushtidasji, Thank you for the kind words. Very beautifully explained the first stanza.

Now 2nd stanza's.

DHARM ARTH KAAM MOKSHA : RIGHTEOUSNESS, WEALTH, DESIRE AND SALVATION

AAKHYA : NAMES

SCHATVAR : FOUR

AARTHA : WEALTH

MANISHINAAM : INTELLECTUAL INDIVIDUAL

JEEVA : WORLDLY

EASHVAAR : UNWORLDLY

VICHAREN : THINKING

DVIDHA : TWO TYPES

TE : THAT

HI : IS

VICHARITA : SAID / CONSIDERED
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Before we set into second stanza, lets indulge into what Maha-anubhavi and our ardent Shree Vallabh family has said about Balbodh.

Shree Hariraiji Shikshapatri:

Balbodh=tena rahashiya ne samajvathi swakiyata Shiddh thai che.

Meaning:

To understand the secret, in depth, meaning of Balbodh is to acquire the closeness to God and to have inner knowledge of oneself.

Shree Purshottamji

Balbodh=Sarva sastro na aarth (pursharth) no sakshipma nirnay che.

Meaning:

Balbodh is in short an understanding of meanings and do's and don'ts entailed in all Sastros and its permutation.

The above are few reflections on Shree Balbodh. As we have seen on various, previous postings, that Balbodh was created to stay clear off the materialistick (Sansar) world and then concentrate in God. This Grath was written by Shree Mahaprabhuji when Aapshree was in Dwarka and experts calculated the date as Vikram Samvant 1550 in the era of Pushkkar Raj. (Can you guess how old was Shree Mahaprabhuji when He wrote this Granth?)

In Balbodh there is an underlying understanding of ones desire (lust, Kaam etc.) of each and every soul on earth. Shree Mahaprabhuji suggested that every desire has two main divisions and can easily be described with the help of "Sugno Sastra". The desire can be visualised as DUKH (distress in life, or misery), SUKH (happiness in material life)

This sastra also describes at least two ways to elope from Dukh and seek Sukh. Dukh can be rid off by two elements viz. by 1. Dharma (righteouness) and 2. Artha (wealth).

To acquire SUKH, one also need two elements, Kaam (desire)and Moksha (salvation). Every soul on the earth seeks these four elements and trying to search for the right path and direction to constitute this desire. In general mostly soul will go for food (ahar) activities (vihar) to fulfil body's needs and this is known as Kaam, with this sorted, then the life is sprung and to live a comfortable life one needs aarth (wealth). To accumulate aarth one has to seek dharma (right way to seek wealth, the righteousness). The action will entail a result, which is the moksha (salvation).

All this four pursharth (elements) are very important to keep ones character intact and will control ones good feelings (budhi) and inteligence, and these criterion is for controlling manishiyo, all the senses of ones soul and body. Prabhu (God) has put his thoughts in Ved and has depicted all the four purshatha as alokik as well. But the first three elements also are part of Lokik (materialistick), so Dharma-aarth-kaam, can be converted into Adharma (non righteous values)-Anarth (wealth acquired by non righteous way)-ersha (jealousy). Shree Mahaprabhuji said that these three negative elements can be overcomed by Dharmasastra, Nitisastra and Kamsastra. But bhakti is not included in this sastra, and these sastra are not a way to seek Bhagvad avastha (closeness to God), so here in Balbodh, Shree Vallabh has mainly discussed his oppinion on moksha.

I am sorry the posting is longer than I enticipated. I will break here and do further posting on this thoughts of Shree Mahaprabhuji. I hope I have not confused anyone on the subject. Please do put your inputs if you have any doubts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: