Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW TO PUSTHIMARG?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

NEW TO PUSTHIMARG?
0-6 Months
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
7-12 Months
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
13-18 Months
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Hoshil
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: NEW TO PUSTHIMARG? Reply with quote

I am 24 years of age and am fairly new to pusthimarg. As I understand there a few vaishnavs in a similar position. I am trying to find out how many vaishnavs are in the same boat as myself so we can imbibe into the basic side of pusthimarg. Hopefully with this I can determine whether it will be feasible to create a new group for 'freshers' Wink

Please vote for the option that applies to yourself and any comments will be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh Hoshilji,

I think you are right we can imbibe into the basic side of pusthimarg. And it will be feasible to create a new group for 'freshers'. And this is possible with the help of our senior Vaishnav members.

If it is possible then the group should start the teaching from the base and not directly jumping to the topics. Smile
Hoshil
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unnatiji,

Thank you for your support, much appreciated.

I am really hoping more and more Vaishnavs vote, even if they have been in Pushitmarg for ages. Atleast we get some idea of how the spread is within this site.

Please please vote, it only takes two secs.

thank you & Jai Shree Krishna.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Though i had taken my bramsabandh many years ago i have only recently been imbibing into Pushtimarg and loving it so far! Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

My situation is silimilar to Palnaji's, had taken Bramasabandh years ago but have recently started to take a keen interest in the Path of Grace. Pusthidasji's satsangs have inspired me enormously, and am absolutely loving Pusthimarg.

JSK

Sital
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

The "freshers" satsang is a good concept, has anyone any clues on how one wants to procceed with this type of satsang? Put your thoughts and tell us what contents to be covered. Are we talking about basics or are we seeking the understanding to build a platform of Pushtimarg?

Please let us know and we with the help of well educated and mahaanubhavi vaishnavs start something to wet everones desire. Please put your thoughts on the keyboard ...hehehe (as Palnaji will say).
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK
hehehe
Im sure every fresher has many questions like myself so i hope every1 comments...
I was thinking going back 2 basics so that youths that visit the site will get an understanding of what they are reading.
like...
What is Pushtimarg?
Why is is it called the path of grace?
What seperates it from other religious paths?
The meanings of commonly used words e.g
samagri, sakhri, other words that we use to describe things that differ from normal gujarati vocab.
Maybe more youths could write what they want to know?
How do we apply certain teachings from the vartas to modern society??
JAI SHREE KRISHNA!! Very Happy
(p.s nice to have you back Pushtidasji,
p.p.s Inaxiji we are waiting patiently to find out whats new in Pushtidasji's note book;) lots of toofan 2 come, i hope!)

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

How about creating a dictionary (Subdhakosh) that explains vraj bhasa in gujarati and english as well meanings of commonly used words as Palnaji suggested?
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK,

My initial encounters of Pushtimarg were of rules, regulations and don'ts instead of the the do's that DO make pushtimarg fun!! Like do have fun with other Vaishnavs, the sansar(world) is not a just a bad place we have Thakorji on our side! So stories of Thakorji and the gopis and their romances aswell as pranks that attracted me to the marg would be a bonus.

Yes Nirupaji and Palnaji a dictionary (sabdhakosh) for begginers is an excellent idea, like an A-Z handbook/pocket guide to pustimarg. Pushtidasji why dont we build a freshers satsung that includes both a basic guide and a platform of building pushtimarg Smile I know many young Vaishnavs (who have had their Brahmsambandh) but are confused and do not know about the significance Mahaprabhuji's teachings or even who he is? Perhaps the freshers satsung could also include knowledge of why we should be in Pushti marg? What does it mean to be a pushtimarg vaishnav, what is required? what are the qualities of a vasihnav? what is the Sodhash Granth?

Although the above questions would be in the 'freshers' section meaning begginers section the more i think about it, the more i realise how important it is we all remember, understand and practice these fundementals regarless of how long we have been a part of pushtimarg.

And finally on this note thankyou Pushtidasji the Balbodh will definately help with answers to the above, so what a fabulous start, maybe the Balbodh can eventually be a part of the 'freshers' satsung. Laughing
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks for the feed back. I will consult Admin and with colaboration with Shree Vasantbhai, we will set a sepertae section and perhaps call it "PUSHTI FOR REFRESHER" or "PUSHTI SWADHIYAY".

Please vote in the poll. Thanks for all your co-operation.
Hoshil
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Kirshna,

Seems like I've been lost away from this site for ages...I feel like I've found my feet again.

Thanks to all that responded hopefully we can build from this idea and execute it well. To all the silent 'freshers' your input is most definately required...please stand up to be counted.
madhav
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: About being a fresher in Pushtimarg Reply with quote

Dear Vaishnavs.

Jai Shree Krishna, I recieved brahmsambhand last year and also want to start learning basic things about pushtimarg.

I also want to learn aspects of sva, samagri and shrungar, also how do we observe and celebrate utsavs what is the seva kram, can this forum help me.

I dont have a hindu background and am keep on learning more about this marg, if senior vaishnavs can guide me I will be very obliged.

Vijayate Shri Madanmohan Prabhu.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Madhavji its really nice to see you on Krishnaseva, I am fairly new to Pusthimarg as well and have found this website incredibly useful and the satsang obtained is amazing. Please do not hesitate in asking any question as the senior vaishnavs are supportive and excellent with their responses. As a beginner I find the Shikshapatra, Gopigeet and Balbodh very inspiring, there is a lot to learn from all the topics posted.

Just fire away with your question so we can all enhance our knowledge and increase our love towards Thakorji Wink

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: