Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what does Sachidanand mean?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhavikpatel
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: what does Sachidanand mean? Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

I need help to find out the meaning of "Sachidanand".

Thankyou
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Sat-Chit-Ananda means eternal, full of bliss and knowledge. In the Maryada Path the soul is referred to as Sat-Chit-Ananda, however in Pusthimarg we believe in Shree Krishna who is Purna Purshottam and our souls can be described as the Param Pusthi Fal.

JSK
Hoshil
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aatma – The Soul

During Pushtidas’s Satsang we talked about the soul (Aatma) and its characteristics i.e. Gunn on earth (Bhutal).

The first section Ramesh relates to the amount of Bhakti one does. The minimum Bhakti instilled in every soul is 1.37%, however, everyone has the opportunity to increase this percentage by the amount and quality of Bhakti they do e.g. Yamunastakam, Saran, Kirtans, Satsang etc.

The next section is called ‘One Two’. This section is blank, an area that is vulnerable to be enticed by kalyug. This can involve imbibing in the materialistic world without including god. This section and the first section are closely linked. One has the ability to reduce their ‘one two’ by doing more Bhakti and increasing their Ramesh. However, by imbibing more in the materialistic world without thinking of god one can increase ‘one two’ and reduce Ramesh. Please note that 1.37% is permanent regardless of which path you follow.

The penultimate section is called Dinesh. This area can remind you of Leela but will only be triggered by increasing your Ramesh. From a personal perspective, the more one is reminded of Leela the stronger their Bhakti will get. This now leads us to our next section, Mahesh.

Dinesh can be seen as a tool to access Mahesh. Mahesh is a biography of our Lord himself, his existence till present time. All of Thakorji’s Leelas are recorded in Mahesh (including his plays pranks!!!). Mahesh itself has a strong prod surrounding it, protecting itself from any inferior quality of ‘one two’. Therefore we must understand how vital Bhakti is. Without this, ‘one two’ will increase and will reduce any possibilities to penetrate Mahesh and access all the Leelas.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, I would welcome all thoughts and any questions.

Hoshil and Sital
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Hoshilji and Sitalji, wow that was brilliant! I just wanted to comment on Purum Pushti Fal. We as Vaishnavs in Pushtimarg should try to do everything with Nishkam Bhav= Without any expectations, no elemtnts of sorry, or asking for things, just doing it for loving Very Happy
JSK
p.s
KS.com is good at helping to keep 1/2(one two) at bay! Well its helped me Smile

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Palnaji, You are absolutely right we do everything without any expectation however, we do want Krishna. He is our means as well as our destination. Param Pusthi fall means imbibing into Krishna and trying to have the same experience as the gopi's did in Maharaas.

Dharm: Our duty is surrendership and service to Krishna

Kama: Our desire is Krishna

Artha: Our wealth is Krishna

Moksh: Liberation is being with Krishna

Hope this makes sense, feel free to ask any further questions

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

When Brahman desired to indulge into sport, for its sport alone it effected the creation of Jivas.

TADAATMAANAM SWAYAMAKURUTA

At the time of seperation from Bhagwan, Jiva had the form of the three ingredients Sat, Chit, and Ananda (Ananda means happiness but that does not exist as it has dissappeard due to our existence without the Brahman)

Now we are all searching for happiness but under the influence of Maya some still think that they are happy but actually it is not real happiness one should seek for.

The only happiness one can get is when they get united with God.

When one is enveloped by a curtain of physical internal organs (Mind, perception or Buddhi, consciousness or Chit and egoism or Ahankara) He became devoid of knowledge of self and remained aware of physical consciousness only on account of this physical consciousness he acquired worldly bondages. He has come to be known as one who undergoes the joys and sorrows of life.

Gradually he forgot his own original form. He even forgot his Master, the Divinity. With a view to expressing that fact that a jiva has, in this manner, been seperated and that ages have passed away, the words "Sahasra Parivatsara" have been used in Brahmasambandha meaning "for thousand of years".

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well done Vasantji, a lovely explanation. Enjoyed the anology depicted about Satchitanand. It is a swaroop in which truth which refers that eternal happiness and infuses that element into others. This is Sat (truth) and will make all happiness ever lasting and the personality who sets this effervences is known as Sachitanand.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thank you Pushtidasji. Just a quote from Bhagwad Gita.

matra-sparsas tu kaunteya
sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah
agamapayino 'nityas
tams titiksasva bharata

O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress,
and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and
disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense
perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them
without being disturbed.

The important word in this verse is 'titiksasva' or 'try to
tolerate'. The material world is full of duality. There is heat and
cold, happiness and sorrow and so many other dualities. Due to this
sometimes the extremities in the dualities cause a lot of pain to the
conditioned living entity.

So, Shri Krishna is saying here that these extreme dualities should be
tolerated because they have a begining (aagama) and an end (apayina)
and hence they are 'not permanant' (anitya).So this is not real happiness.

In this material world one can find only temporary happiness under the influence of Maya which lasts only a very short time and then there is sorrow too.

While we have seen when Maharaas was played it lasted for more then six months which looked like only a fraction of a day to the Gopis plus there was no dualism so to be with Shri Thakurji should be our true happiness.

gokaldas mohandas punjabi
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai jai shree gokulesh
satchitanand meaning
sat means non living thing as we all say that in everything its god than why we are not saying each or any humanbeing as god here comes the meaning
sat means non living thing or we can say body of humanbeing without soul.
so we are not worshiping non living things like computer,tv etc or human body without soul we are not keeping in our house.
chit means its living thing that means humanbeing with soul or birds or animals etc so why we all are that is parrot,dog as its having sat plus chit we are not worshiping as god or humanbeing with sat plus chit not thinkingas god as we do not worship all humanbeing
because anand is not there
so where there is sat plus chit plus anand we call them as bhakats or asatasakhs or god because we get anand from all of them so where we get anand from surdesaji,nandasji etc asatasakhs we get anand so we call them god or bhakats.
so in asatasakhs there is sat,chit and anand
therefore god his called satchitanand
because of this thakurji is called satchitanand because we get anand from thakurji
this is the meaning i know of satchit anand if i am wrong than please forgive me as i got thios knowledge from my pushtimarg books and one of my pushtimarg book only i read this dasa no das gokaldas jai jai shree gokulesh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

The soul is inconceivable by our material mind. Because the mind
itself is made from matter it cannot perceive something which is not
material. But we know from the scriptures the magnitude of the soul
and that it is full of Sat (Truth), Chit (Consciousness) and Aanand
(Bliss) which is fully transcendental and can be realised only when we are involved in pure devotional service of Shri Krishna.

Now the question is how big is the soul ? So lets go by the scriptures

Chapter 2. Contents of the Gita Summarized

avinasi tu tad viddhi
yena sarvam idam tatam
vinasam avyayasyasya
na kascit kartum arhati

TRANSLATION

Know that which pervades the entire body is indestructible. No one is able to destroy the imperishable soul.

This verse more clearly explains the real nature of the soul, which is spread all over the body. Anyone can understand what is spread all over the body: it is consciousness. Everyone is conscious of the pains and pleasures of the body in part or as a whole. This spreading of consciousness is limited within one's own body. The pains and pleasures of one body are unknown to another. Therefore, each and every body is the embodiment of an individual soul, and the symptom of the soul's presence is perceived as individual consciousness. This soul is described as one ten-thousandth part of the upper portion of the hair point in size. The Svetasvatara Upanisad confirms this:

balagra-sata-bhagasya satadha kalpitasya ca
bhago jivah sa vijneyah sa canantyaya kalpate

"When the upper point of a hair is divided into one hundred parts and again each of such parts is further divided into one hundred parts, each such part is the measurement of the dimension of the spirit soul." (Svet. 5.9) Similarly, in the Bhagavatam the same version is stated:

kesagra-sata-bhagasya satamsah sadrsatmakah
jivah suksma-svarupo 'yam sankhyatito hi cit-kanah

"There are innumerable particles of spiritual atoms, which are measured as one ten-thousandth of the upper portion of the hair."

Therefore, the individual particle of spirit soul is a spiritual atom smaller than the material atoms, and such atoms are innumerable. This very small spiritual spark is the basic principle of the material body, and the influence of such a spiritual spark is spread all over the body as the influence of the active principle of some medicine spreads throughout the body. This current of the spirit soul is felt all over the body as consciousness, and that is the proof of the presence of the soul. Any layman can understand that the material body minus consciousness is a dead body, and this consciousness cannot be revived in the body by any means of material administration. Therefore, consciousness is not due to any amount of material combination, but to the spirit soul. In the Mundaka Upanisad the measurement of the atomic spirit soul is further explained:

eso 'nur atma cetasa veditavyo
yasmin pranah pancadha samvivesa
pranais cittam sarvam otam prajanam
yasmin visuddhe vibhavaty esa atma

"The soul is atomic in size and can be perceived by perfect intelligence. This atomic soul is floating in the five kinds of air [prana, apana, vyana, samana and udana], is situated within the heart, and spreads its influence all over the body of the embodied living entities. When the soul is purified from the contamination of the five kinds of material air, its spiritual influence is exhibited." (Mund. 3.1.9)

The hatha-yoga system is meant for controlling the five kinds of air encircling the pure soul by different kinds of sitting postures--not for any material profit, but for liberation of the minute soul from the entanglement of the material atmosphere.

So the constitution of the atomic soul is admitted in all Vedic literatures, and it is also actually felt in the practical experience of any sane man. Only the insane man can think of this atomic soul as all-pervading Visnu-tattva.

The influence of the atomic soul can be spread all over a particular body. According to the Mundaka Upanisad, this atomic soul is situated in the heart of every living entity, and because the measurement of the atomic soul is beyond the power of appreciation of the material scientists, some of them assert foolishly that there is no soul. The individual atomic soul is definitely there in the heart along with the Supersoul, and thus all the energies of bodily movement are emanating from this part of the body.

The corpuscles which carry the oxygen from the lungs gather energy from the soul. When the soul passes away from this position, activity of the blood, generating fusion, ceases. Medical science accepts the importance of the red corpuscles, but it cannot ascertain that the source of the energy is the soul. Medical science, however, does admit that the heart is the seat of all energies of the body.

Such atomic particles of the spirit whole are compared to the sunshine molecules. In the sunshine there are innumerable radiant molecules. Similarly, the fragmental parts of the Supreme Lord are atomic sparks of the rays of the Supreme Lord, called by the name prabha or superior energy. Neither Vedic knowledge nor modern science denies the existence of the spirit soul in the body, and the science of the soul is explicitly described in the Bhagavad-gita by Shri KRishna

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Let me continue on one more point as discussed in Bhagwad Gita.

BHAGAVAD-GITA 2:24

acchedyo 'yam adahyo 'yam
akledyo 'sosya eva ca
nityah sarva-gatah sthanur
acalo 'yam sanatanah

TRANSLATION

This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither
burned nor dried. He is everlasting, all-pervading, unchangeable,
immovable and eternally the same.

Also in my earlier statement I mentioned that

"The individual atomic soul is definitely there in the heart along with the Supersoul, and thus all the energies of bodily movement are emanating from this part of the body. "

Well here is the proof from scriptures

We all know that Supreme Lord Shri Krishna is the root of the Vedas. Shri Krishna HImself says in chapter 15, sloka 15 :

"Sarvasya chaham Hridi sannivishto, matah smritir gyanam apohanam cha, Vedas cha sarvaira ahameva vedyo, vedanta krit veda vid eva chaham"

This is traslated as :

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas I am to be known; indeed I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

Thus Supreme Lord Shri Krishna clearly states His position here as the root of all the vedas.

Jai Shri Krishna.

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you Vasantji, that was very insightful and i enjoyed your exlanation! Smile

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: