Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shri Yamunaji Explained
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Very Happy Yamunastak translation was fab! We have not even touched the surface of its contents but i hope Yamunamaya likes what we have done so far. I do have a few Notes on the last stanza, so thought i might as well add them on, for all to share.
Tav-yours
ashtakum-8stanza
Midam-this
muda-with joy & happiness
pathati-the one who recites paat
soor-sun
soote-daughter of the sun=Yamunamaya
sada-always

samasta-all
duritak- sins, pap, bad
shayo- errors, mistakes
Bhavati-thai che, it happens. Can describe it as CLEARING your sins. However they are not forgotten just best described as moved aside! Not taken note of, nor forgotten.
vai-really ,definitely
mukun-Thakorji, Shree Krishna, person who gives Moksh. We imbibe into him. The moksh giver we fall in love with.
mukunDE-de= giver
rathi-because, receiving rathi
Those who imbibe into Yamunastakam with joy and happiness their sins are cleared (moved aside) will love and imbibe into Krishna

Taya-
sakal-everything, all
siddihyo--supernatural gift of 'fal'
sidhi-also means mental agility to hear Thakorji in maan(mind)
Murari-Mur Deamon
Puscha-enimy of Krishna, end
This 'fal' is even given to the enemy of Krishna. Quench their thirst!
Santushyati-fill it, takes it. Thirst quench gone

Swabhav-character
Vijayo-literal meaning is winning over bad/dark side of character
We in Satsang had a discussion about this. Pushtidasji brought to our attention that when one takes Bramsabandh and does Yamunastak their sins are already set aside. They have won over the dark side of their character. Bramsabandh clears ones sins, so if you recite Yamunastakam after and do not accumulate more sins, the question then becomes what character are we trying to win over.
Swabhav vijayo-Give me character that krishna will miss, character that will help me win over him, know him, his etiquette, habits, wants, life style, dislikes etc. Give me character that Thakorji sees something in me.
vadati-Mahaprabuji he is telling us now
Vallabh shree Hare- Mahaprabuji is telling us DO IT!! do the Yamunastakam

These are the notes i had from satsang, please feel free to correct where i may have been mistaken! Very Happy Thank you vaishnavs
JAI SHREE KISHNA!!!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

This was very well done I really enjoyed it.

Last para is given very much importance so one must recite Shri Yamunashtakam daily

English meaning of shlok 9

Oh, daughter of the Sun! Those who recite your this "ashtak" (sonnet) happily everyday :-

1) Their sins get destroyed (or not looked upon)
2) They definitely develop love for Shri Krishna.
3) They attain all Siddhhis (Divine Powers)
4) Lord Murari is pleased with them
5)Their disposition changes (is victorious)

This is what Shri Hari's dear, Shri Vallabh says.

"Iti Shri Vallabhacharya virchitam Shri Yamunashtakam sampurnam"

Thus ends Shri Vallabhacharya's composition "Shri Yamunashtakam".

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

This is really interesting, the way we have developed the understanding Shree Vallabh's Yamnastakam. If I may, can I draw attention to few anomaly in Palnaji's explanation:

Palna ji you wrote: Murari-Mur Demon

To some extent this is right, but the word when we split in two syllables it reads as "Mur" and "Ari". Now Mur mean the demon named MUR who played havoc in Yamnaji's water and was making life difficult for Vraj Jana to use Yamna-jal. And Shree Krishna decided to end his Bhakta's misery and slayed the demon called MUR. Since that event people named Shree Krishna as Mur ari. So Ari means the Slayer. This way when we put both the syllables together it means the Person who is the Slayer of Mur demon.

The next explanation is the last stanza where Shree Yamnastakam ends with:

Vadati Shree Vallabha Shree Harai (Hari)

Vadati Shree Vallabha = this is what I (Shree Vallabh) am saying

And here we should read as that I am Shree Vallabh is saying this about Yamnastakam and I will end this Ashtakama by saying Shree Hari.
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh

"KALIND-GIRI-MASTAKE PATADMAND-PUROJVALA
VILASGAMALOTTSAT-PRAKAT-GANDASHAILONATTA ||
SAGHOSH-GATI-DANTURA-SAMADHIRUDHA-DOLOTTAMA
MUKUND-RATI-VARDHINI JAYATI PADMABANDHO SUTA ||2|
|"

Dhol of ShriYamunastak:-
Maa suryamandal chodine bahu veg thi aavi rahya, Tya kalindi na shikhar upar shobha ati sundar dise, Ae veg ma patthar ghana harkhaine uchali rahya ne aap pan ullas purvak uchalata shobhi rahya, Hari het na jula upar jane birajya aap ho, Vandan karu shri yamunajine shri krishna aashraya aapjo

Meaning :: From the suryamandal, shriyamunaji falls on the kalind mount, and due to it lot of foam gathers and the water flows like flood comes. so looks ujjwal-fair due to falling on the kalind giri from a very far height and foam gathering. Then the flow passes through small-big shilas so it looks beautiful. The flow throws bit-big shilas (stones) high , so the shilas r very visible and this shobha is very adhbhoot, and the sound (saghosh) during this throwing is also very adhbhoot. So shriyamunaji's pravaah also seens to flow very high, like been residing on the best hindola, which only urges ahead. Mukund (who gives moksha-shrikrishna shrikrishna's love towards bhakta increases and bhakts love towards shrikrishna also increases. And friend of shrikrishna-surya (sun) daughter is shriyamunaji, this shriyamunaji resides with geratness from others.

AAvirbhaavprakaran Ahu "Kalindi" iti -- says the prakatya prakaar of shriyamunaji-kalindi so says kalindi:: From the ravi-mandal, come down to to the kalind parvat so due to falling from a big height, lot of foam gathers and seems ujjwal (brighter)OJVALA. Then shriyamunaji's pravaah of jal then pases through high and lower stones, seems like doing travelling on the uttam hindola, so she enjoys and the beauuty of this place is very versitile. the flow goes high and the stones also throwing high so is clearly visible. So due to this stones thrown high and come back again, the noise arouses, very visham sound, which increases the beauty, so shrimahaprabhuji used the word, [b]saghosh. "Dantur" can be defined in many ways, like "vipul-pulakbhar-danturitam" Moreover "[b]Ghosh" shabda meaning is to go towards VRAJ. then from kalind-giri , shriyamunaji now comes to earth on land. where shriyamunaji comes to vraja. and she is helpful in mukund-rati-vardhini== increase rati-love in mukund-shrikrishna. as shriyamunaji is daughter of sun, but also friend of kamal (shrikrishna), so even as shrikrishna, is rasaatmika so is shriyamunaji. ||2||

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you Pushtidasji, Sorry about the anomaly i think i must have been looking at my Thakorji(mobile phone) when you described Murari(my excuse hehehe Wink ). My notes are not any where near as good as the satsang explination but i hope they help.
JAI SHREE KRISHNA Very Happy !!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: