Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shri Krishna and Shri Ram
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna, Jai Shri Ram

Badhai to all vaishnavs. !
A small prasang about a smart Ferryman.

When Supreme Lord Rama was exiled for 14 years, he left the kingdom of Ayodhya, along with his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana. They had to cross the River Ganges at one place. They requested Kewat (boatman) to ferry them across the river.

The boatman first refused to do so because he had heard about Lord Rama touching a stone with his foot and the stone subsequently turning into a woman! The Lord set his fears to rest and the boatman agreed to ferry them across but he first requested to wash the feet of the Lord to make sure there is no magic or his boat will turn into a stone.

As soon as they alighted from the boat, Sita immediately withdrew a ring from her finger and handed it over to Lord Rama, signaling to him to pass it on to the boatman.

Lord Rama: Here Brother, that is all we can pay you for your kind ervice. Please accept it. Kewat: (Shaking his head). No, My Lord! I can not possibly accept this from you. Lord Rama: Why? Kewat: Because people of the same profession do not charge each other for their services.
Lord Rama: Oh! Kewat: A barber never takes payment, when he gives a haircut to another barber. Even a washer-man never charges a fellow washerman.

Lord Rama: What are you coming to?
Kewat: Lord, people of the same profession do not charge each other for their services. So how can I charge you?

Lord Rama: Brother, how can you and I be of the same profession? You are a boatman and I am….
Kewat: Lord, both of us do the same work. I ferry people from this shore of the Ganges to the other. You ferry people across the
ocean of Samsaara (Bhavsagar) through the journey of life. How can I accept payment from you?

The Lord was so overwhelmed at this passionate outburst from Kewat, that he held out his arms and embraced the boatman. Later the expert
ferryman was delivered from the cycle of birth and death just because of this little service done unto Supreme Lord!

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Badhai to you and all on tibari, thanks for the lovely prasang

jsk
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Here are the other three Pushti Lilas

Second one is by building the bridge with rocks floating this is Pushti Lila because God wants us to know how powerful His only name is. (Naam Pratap) Naam Jaap Mala is very very important. There is nothing that God cannot do.

Third one is Ahiliya Udhaar this is also Pushti ( Charnarvind Pratap) Even a stone can be given life if touched by God. Any sinful person can be immediately transformed into religious and forgiven for all his sins whatsoever by only touch (or charan Sparsh) of our Shri Thakurji.

Fourth Lila is When Shri Lord Rama's time had come to leave the bhutal (earth) He welcomed all Ayodaya vasis that who ever wanted to join Him can do so and took them all to Vaikunth. All the people who joined were not religious there were some who had committed sins too but God proved that He is very merciful and Loves all,and is equal to all including sinners. (PramaeBhal Pratap) Not only that He also proved that the earth (Bhumi)where He walked on Foot people living on that earth cannot be strayed away from Him. (Charnarvind Pratap) Also note God knows everything there is nothing that He is not aware off. But to his father he only gave him Swarg (Heaven) Hence it was not Pushti Lila.

nbagla
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vasant Punjabi wrote:
Jai Shri Krishna, Jai Shri Ram

Badhai to all vaishnavs. !
A small prasang about a smart Ferryman.

When Supreme Lord Rama was exiled for 14 years, he left the kingdom of Ayodhya, along with his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana. They had to cross the River Ganges at one place. They requested Kewat (boatman) to ferry them across the river.

The boatman first refused to do so because he had heard about Lord Rama touching a stone with his foot and the stone subsequently turning into a woman! The Lord set his fears to rest and the boatman agreed to ferry them across but he first requested to wash the feet of the Lord to make sure there is no magic or his boat will turn into a stone.

As soon as they alighted from the boat, Sita immediately withdrew a ring from her finger and handed it over to Lord Rama, signaling to him to pass it on to the boatman.

Lord Rama: Here Brother, that is all we can pay you for your kind ervice. Please accept it. Kewat: (Shaking his head). No, My Lord! I can not possibly accept this from you. Lord Rama: Why? Kewat: Because people of the same profession do not charge each other for their services.
Lord Rama: Oh! Kewat: A barber never takes payment, when he gives a haircut to another barber. Even a washer-man never charges a fellow washerman.

Lord Rama: What are you coming to?
Kewat: Lord, people of the same profession do not charge each other for their services. So how can I charge you?

Lord Rama: Brother, how can you and I be of the same profession? You are a boatman and I am�.
Kewat: Lord, both of us do the same work. I ferry people from this shore of the Ganges to the other. You ferry people across the
ocean of Samsaara (Bhavsagar) through the journey of life. How can I accept payment from you?

The Lord was so overwhelmed at this passionate outburst from Kewat, that he held out his arms and embraced the boatman. Later the expert
ferryman was delivered from the cycle of birth and death just because of this little service done unto Supreme Lord!

अत्यंत सुन्दर प्रसंग वसंत जी।
इस प्रसंग पर एक बहुत सुन्दर भजन है जिसे अनूप जलोटा जी ने गाया है। बोल नीचे लिख रहा हूं
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
कभी कभी भगवान को भी भक्तों से काम पडे।
जाना था गंगा पार प्रभु केवट की नाव चढे॥

अवध छोड प्रभु वन को धाये, सिया राम लखन गंगा तट आये ।
केवट मन ही मन हरषाये, घर बैठे प्रभु दर्शन पाये ।
हाथ जोड कर प्रभु के आगे केवट मगन खडे। जाना था गंगा पार....॥१॥

प्रभु बोले तुम नाव चलाओ, पार हमे केवट पहुचाओ।
केवट कहता सुनो हमारी, चरण धूल की माया भारी
मैं गरीब नैया मेरी नारी ना होय पडे । जाना था गंगा पार.....॥२॥

केवट दौड के जल भर लाया, चरण धोय चरणामृत पाया।
वेद ग्रंथ जिनके यश गाये, केवट उनको नाव चढाये।
बरसे फूल गगन से ऐसे भक्त के भाग्य बडे। जाना था गंगा पार.....॥३॥

चली नाव गंगा की धारा, सिया राम लखन को पार उतारा ।
प्रभु देने लगे नाव उतराई, केवट कहे नही रघुराई ।
पार किया मैने तुमको अब तू मोहे पार करे । जाना था गंगा पार.....॥४॥
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks, that was nice, Very Happy an exact match with the story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: