Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we trust Thakorji (and surrender to Him) ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Vice nice going Sitalji. Just to make sure that I have understood it properly I will reiterate the points you made. Please feel free to let me know if anything is misunderstood.

God loves us unconditionally.
    Irrespecitve of us being engaged in his seva he will love us eternally.
    We do seva for our soul's nourishment and not to please god.
    We do seva to receive satisfaction, peace, love and various other feelings from these actions.

From the above points I can deduce that all that matters is satisfaction, peace and love. Is God just the medium to achieve that? If one can receive permanent satisfaction, peace and love through different medium is it ok not to engage in god's seva?

Please do not find these questions offending. We are inquiring into important and delicate matter.

- Prashant
zankhana
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Prashantji, your question is
Quote:
Is God just the medium to achieve that? If one can receive permanent satisfaction, peace and love through different medium is it ok not to engage in god's seva?

Will you be kind enough to suggest different mediums other than God to achieve permanent happiness?

While summarising postings, you said
Quote:
We do seva for our soul's nourishment and not to please god.

I believe soul's nourishment and pleasing of God are not seperate activities. I will elaborate on what I understand by the phrase "soul's nourishment". I think it is learning more about yourself, not in any worldly manner but spiritually, understanding the purpose of our existence and striving to achieve it. As a part of seva, one should develop various qualities such as compassion for everyone, acceptance of all types of situations etc. Seva is not only physical act, one should join chitt (mind) with sharir (body). So while seva pleases Thakorji, it also nourishes the soul by developing you.

I can agree with you in saying that all that matters is permanent happiness. But then how do you achieve that? Can the happiness be found in wordly obejcts? If yes, once you achieve something, why aren't we happy? The moment we achieve one thing, the list of things to achieve has 10 more things added! The other thing is that anything in abundance is also disliked by us even though it is the same thing we absolutely wanted/liked. This implies that objects do not give us happiness. It is the soul, the conscious that actually enjoys the object. That conscious is nothing but part of Him and everything is a form of God anyway. When nothing other than God actually exists then how can there be any other medium to achieve happiness?

Another way to look at it... God is Sacchidanandroopa; this means God is personification of truth, consciousness and bliss. So if you want to attain permanent happiness, your medium is God.

Please feel free to add/correct.

Jai Shri Krishna
Zankhana
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Zankhanaji, thats a wonderful explanantion

JSK
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

very nice, thoroughly enjoying the flow.
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

zankhanaji wrote:
Will you be kind enough to suggest different mediums other than God to achieve permanent happiness?

I can read the answer in your question. I feel this is the result of conclusion you have drawn that it is only through God one can achieve permanent happiness. Your conclusion could be by your own experience, or you have either read or heard some where. But would your answer for my question "Is God just the medium to achieve that? If one can receive permanent satisfaction, peace and love through different medium is it ok not to engage in god's seva?" be a straight forward YES to a person who has not concluded any answer yet?

There are people in the world which belongs to school of thought that if you do things right and have the right attitude in life, there is no need to do seva. Perhaps they have found their way to remain happy. There is an old adage "Work while you work, play while you play, that is way to be happy and gay". Which means that what ever you do, do it with full concentration and affection.

I think we should go little deeper into this by inquiring what exactly is happiness? Why does it matter so much to us? Well, I think it's time to put forward some of my thoughts on this in the space I created called "Behind the scenes". But before that I would like you (by you I mean reader - everyone of us) to think on the question Zankhanaji asked
"Can the happiness be found in wordly obejcts? If yes, once you achieve something, why aren't we happy?". It's a beautiul question and I am sure we all must have asked this question several times to our own self. But everytime we ask the question we have got the answer from some where. Let us take a moment to try finding answer on our own. Let us not come up with any ready made answer, rather try to come up with the answer of our own thinking. I hope every one will share their thoughts on this.

- Prashant
zankhana
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Prashantji, I agree with you that there are other ways to be happy. They are mentioned in our Shastras as well such as path of action, path of knowledge.

But at the same time, I still believe there is an entity, you may not call the entity God but that transcends this world that we perceive/see/feel. You may follow any path and every path leads to Him whether you know it or not, accept it or not. One thing I have observed and read is that devotion, action and knowledge never exist alone. A person who spends his life in serving people is devoted to welfare of others. He has the understanding that everyone in the world should have equal opportunities and he will strive for that. As a vaishnav, we should be compassionate to others and that is considered one of the main qualities of a true vaishnav. What I am trying to show here is that although ways to lead life may seem totally different but underlying concepts never change.

Everything in life cannot be realised or understood ourselves. We accept principles put forth by science or accept the prescription given by doctor without a question. Why? There is faith in the scientists or in the doctor that he knows what he is prescribing to us. Similarly, our Shashtras compiled by various great people are expression of truth, their realisation. Mahaprabhuji has shown us a path to attain Him. Why is it hard to put faith in them when it is ok to trust your doctor or others? I will agree with you in saying that I have chosen my path and that is to follow the path shown by Mahaprabhuji with full faith. I can merely try; ultimately it is the grace of Hari, Guru and Vaishnav.

As regards to Thakorji's seva, unless one does it with bhaav, it is nothing but ritual and surely Thakorji will not be pleased with it. But if one serves Him with love and humility, He will surely accept whatever we can offer. Again we have nothing that we really can offer Him as He has created everything in the first place. So the bhaav is of utmost important.

Another thing I have read is that not everyone is able to do seva even in Pushtimarg. For such people, Mahaprabhuji has said that only give them Ashtakshar mantra, not Brahmsambandh. This means that even if one wishes, they may not be eligible to do seva. If you think about it, we are very lucky that Thakorji has accepted us by means of Brahmsamabandh.

Happiness is an internal state and that is why we can not find it worldly objects. We have three levels of existence; body, subtle (ego, mind, intellect) and soul (Self). Self is a part of God. This happiness is nature of Self but unfortunately we are not able to see that owing to our delusion, affection with worldly objects. When we will be able to identify with Self and not body or subtle body then we can gain permanent happiness. Be it by Thakorji's seva, path of action, meditation or any other path.

Jai Shri Krishna
Zankhana
SITAL5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Wow Zankanaji that is an excellent answer. Prasantji, not everybody finds happiness in Seva and that is fine, Thakorji has created various souls, paths and destinations to suit individual needs and enhance His play.

One should follow whatever they feel is suitable for themselves, not everybody is inclined towards Pusthimarg and I believe that to be Shree Thakorji’s wish.

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: