Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jia Shri Krishna,

The way I understand it is that the karmas or even sins committed by us in previous life will not become a hinderance to us while performing Thakurji's seva.

They will be overlooked and Shri Thakurji will definitely accept our seva if one has taken Brahmasamband.

Good example is of a lame man he cannot walk but if given clutches he can use those and can walk easily.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanks Zankhanaji, Prasantji and Vasantji, after reading your postings I referred back to the Siddhant Rahasja Grant on Page 3 of Satang Tibari. Please read below some extracted information from that topic written by Pusthidasji

Quote:
"Loc-Ved-Niroopitaha"

Now let us look at the third stanza, we see Shree Vallabh saying "Loc-Ved-Niroopitaha"

'Loc', here it means outside culture, away from Ved –cultured structure. (Niroopitaha means 'as seen, observed, considered, ascertained'). Pre to 'Loc-Ved-Niroopitaha', Shree Vallabh also used 'desh-Kalotatha'. Shree Vallabh is talking about the soul and its dosh.

Shree Purshottamji, when writing a vivachan (thesis, a written work on Sidhant Rahashiya from the original research), wrote that Shree Mahaprabhuji when writing on dosh (sin) and nivruty (to be rid off), Aapshree was defining an element of Nevedanam mantra. The first step to get repent from sin is to ascertain a salvation to Brahmasambandh. With Nevadanam mantra all the sins are not destroyed and because of this element, the stanza further describes the various types of sins. We have seen these sins in the introduction of Sidhant Rhashiya.

Before we look into the various types of sins, we must make one thing clear that the nivruty of dosh (sins) and dosh nash (nash=destroy) are well apart and different from each other. When one talks about nivruty of dosh, we talk about staying cleared from sin and when one talks about dosh nash, it means destruction of the sins. For instance, lets look at an analogy where in the lake, we see the water surface is covered with green moss. When the green moss (lil) is swayed from the surface, underneath the lil, that green moss, we find crystal clear water.

The process of removing green moss is called ‘nivruty’. As removing the moss enables to clear the marred covered the lake and give way to crystal clear water, in the similar way Nevadanam mantra clears or sway that sins from surrendering all the possessions, and Atma then sways or gets nivruty from the sins of possessions and the assets. And thus these possessions and all the assets can become useful entity in Seva, that is in worshiping God. This way these sins have no power in being an hindrance in seva. This process is known as ‘Dosh-nivruty’.

Now, if environment department decided to use chemical process to remove the moss that covered the lake, then this process removes the moss (lil) forever, that is, permanently. This is a process Shree Mahaprabhuji and Purshottamji describes as ‘dosh-nash’. Nash means a complete destruction, destroyed forever. Here, this is not what is happening. Brahmasambandh will only do dosh-nivruty. This process keeps vaishnav intact in seva and steer clear from existing sins. This way Nivedanam mantra opens way to Bhakti, way to serve God and also opens the path for grace.

When thinking of what Shree Purshottamji said in His vivachan, one does have a question in mind. For example one can ask, “Prayaschit, (repenting) also gives that entity of being dosh-nivruty, then what is the difference between that and Nivedanam mantra?”

In His vivechan, Purshottamji explains that Karma, gyan (knowledge) and Bhakti (serving God) all these preventing entity does not actually clear all our sins, because when we sin, these sins are caused by karma (cause and effects), Desh (the country) and Kaal (time and circumstances). The influence and presence of these three elements always causes sin in its routine life. It is so much woven in ones daily life that one cannot ignore the influence of this kind of enticement. But when Atma who is full of these sins will change this situation after Brahmasambandh mantra. After Nivedanam the soul and the body actually, is not the sole possession of Atma, because Nivedanam entails a total surrender of all the elements, assets and worldly possession to Brahma. As the body and soul is also surrendered, the Atma is then said to have become Bhagvadiya, meaning that the soul is not belongs to Brahma. As the soul, Atma is now Bhagvadiya, no dosh will touch this Atma. So this shows that Brahmasambandh (Nivedanam) is the only weapon (Sadhan) vehicle, which is independent in giving nivruty to Atma’s sins (dosh).

Now let us look at the other angle of clearing dosh (sins). With dosh one becomes unhappy, and this unhappiness cannot be completely removed by just repenting about the sins and confessing the sins; but in the back of your mind, it still resides and somehow could not be totally removed.

Karma is also in the same shoe, cannot completely remove the sins from its roots. Karma and the causes and effects of ones activities remain partly removed. Gyan (knowledge) acquired could help to clear some sins but there is still some element of one’s sins lingers and thus is not completely cleared.

The followings are the ways one tries to salvage from sins:
• Meditation (taap) which is maan (mental state) and Indriyo (senses) which concentrates in meditation.
• Brahmachariya: By practicing sellable (Ashtang maithun), Smaran (remembering God) Kirtan (singing glory of God).
• Samma: Repenting by infusing auspicious thinking.
• Damma: Controlling the outer zone of ones senses.
• Tiyag: To do daan (to donate to charity and helping needy).
• Satiya: Never take refuge in falsehood, always hold to the truth.
• Sauch: Process of keeping one’s body clean in practical sense.
• Yamma: Ahinsha, that is never resort to cruelty.
• Niyamma: This process is to take salvage in auspicious volunteering work and also to do jaap, taap kirtan etc., on regular basis.

Shree Gokulchandramaji when gave Nivedanam mantra, did explain sins in details. Shree Mahaprabhuji covers these sins in Stanza 3 to 3 ½. These sins are divided into five categories.

• Sahaj Dosh
• Desh Dosh (since created in association with sinful country)
• Kaal dosh (Atmosphere and time acquantaces creates these sins.
• Sanyog Dosh (circumstance sins)
• Sparsh Dosh. (sins acquired by touch)

In sloka (stanza) after describing five types of sins, we see use of ‘cha’ word. By adding this word, Mahaprabhuji is adding that there are also more types of sins. These entails the sins which are not either acquired by Karma, nor the above five types of sins. All these sins are nirupitah are observed in Loc, that is, samruty (memory) –Purana-dharma literature that guides social structure and the dosh (sins) are described or considered in Ved literature.

Sorry Zankhanaji, yes it is another word for virah, Hilag means feeling the pangs of separation from Thakorji, the gopi’s went through various phases of Hilag and Viprayog, this was an undercover weapon used by Thakorji to clear their sins and draw them closer. Pusthidasji has explained this very well in Gopigeet, please do read this topic, its excellent

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Sitalji that was very nice of you to input Pushtidasji's information which is really very well explained.

This is what I found in Katho Upanishad

—“Trikarma krit tarati janma mrityoo”.

Three Types of Karma

(Karma capable of ridding us of births and deaths is of three types),

What are those ?

Yajanam:- Performance of yagnas without any desire of fruits but solely for the Lord's pleasure.

Adhyayanam:- Learning the Vedas from an Acharya and living one's life accordingly.

Da-nam:- giving away in charities all the excess wealth to the needy and expect nothing in return

Last edited by Vasant Punjabi on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Everyone on this earth is born with 3 debts as explained in Upanishads.

Even if our father was the richest person in the world and left us a lasting legacy, we are still indeed a debtor.

—“Jaayamano vai braahmana: thribhi: rinavaa jaayate”. And what are those 3 debts?

These are debts due respectively to Devas, Pitrus and Rishis.

And how does one rid oneself of these debts?

The Vedas prescribes the strategies —the debt to the Pitru devatas is liquidated by creating progeny and ensuring continuation of the race.

That due to Rishis by learning the Vedas (Adhyayanam) and the debt to

Devas is paid off through performance of Yagnas and Yagyas--

One can think of liberation only after paying off these debts— The Manu Smriti makes it clear that discharge of these three debts is a pre-condition for Moksham and failure on this front pushes one back into the vicious cycle of births and deaths:

“ Rinaani threeni apaakrtya mano mokshe nivesayet"

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanks Vasantji, could you please narrate the following story you mentioned, would love to hear the full version?

Quote:
Example if one has read the story of Shri Naradji that he wished to get married so Shri Krishna had to lie to save him from getting materialistic. Shri Naradji was very upset at first and then he realised what ever happened was for his good.

Thanking You

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Sitalji it really pleases me to see you being so active in the Tibari at a young age so let me tell you today another story about Greatness of Satsang.

I am not trying to change the topic as even the story you requested will be posted soon.

Greatness Of Satsang

Naradji once went to Shri Krishna. He asked, ''What are the fruits of doing satsang?'' ''Naradji,'' said the Lord pointing to a big worm, ''This worm in hell will explain to you the benefits of doing satsang.''

So Naradji went to the worm in hell and asked, ''Worm, what are the fruits of doing satsang?'' The worm looked at Naradji and then died! Naradji didn't get an answer. So he returned to the Lord and said, ''I didn't get an answer to my question, and the worm died. Now you must give me an answer.'' The Lord heard Naradji but said, ''Look, see that nest, in it is a newly born parrot. Go and ask it.
The baby parrot will explain to you the fruits of doing satsang.''

With this command from God Naradji approached the little baby parrot and asked, ''What are the fruits of satsang?'' The baby parrot opened its eyes and looked at Naradji. But then died! This frightened Naradji. He began to think, ''The benefit of satsang is death! Whoever
I ask this question to dies.''

He made his way to the Lord. With great unhappiness he said, ''If you want to tell me the truth then please tell me. Because whoever I ask dies. Murder hangs on my head now. I don't think I can take your advice again.'' The Lord laughed at this. He said, ''Naradji, don't be upset. If you really want an answer to your question then go and ask that newly-born calf.'' Still sad with the death of the baby parrot, Narad approached the newborn calf and softly asked in its ear, ''What are the fruits of satsang?'' Naradji stood still waiting for an answer. The calf looked at Naradji and toppled to the ground. It died. Naradji was now extremely depressed. He had now sinned by killing a cow. He quickly went to the Lord to speak his mind. He was going to tell him off! But the Lord calmed him down and said, ''You will certainly get the answer to your question now. The king has a newborn boy.
Go ask the baby prince your question.''

Naradji said to the Lord, ''Upto now I've asked a worm, a parrot, and a calf, and they've all died. I've been lucky that nobody has troubled me so far. But if the king's son dies then I'll be in deep trouble. So now I don't want to know the fruits of doing satsang!'' The Lord assured Naradji that the prince would definitely explain to him the benefits of doing satsang and he would not die.

Naradji with a brave heart went to the palace and asked the prince, ''Brother, what are the fruits of satsang ?'' Hearing this the prince looked at Naradji, and laughed. He answered, ''Naradji, haven't you understood the greatness of satsang yet? When you first asked me the question I was a worm. I then died and became a parrot. But with your darshan at my nest I died and was given the body of a calf. Then again with your darshan I was freed and given this highest of births, as a human being. And now with the grace of your darshan I have been fulfilled. If just by your darshan I have gained so much then think how much a person can gain by associating (satsang) with a great sadhu such as yourself!'' Naradji now fully understood the greatness of satsang. He returned to the Lord and praised,

''Lord, your divine ways will never be understood by anyone.''

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Vasantji, that’s a lovely story. You’re comment was very kind, I feel privileged to be part of this Satsang Tibari and be associated with vaishnavs like yourself This website has been one of the greatest gifts bestowed, the topics chosen by vaishnavs and its contents have often left me speechless. Satsang is a Grace bestowed by Thakorji and Vaishnavs. I believe that nobody is too young for Satsang, Thakorji’s leela’s cater for all ages/personalities on bhutal. Who knows what is going to happen tomorrow, take the opportunity while you can. Smile

Thank you for always making the effort to respond promptly and write wonderful stories

JSK

PS: Look forward to the next story Wink
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thank you Sitalji for the sweet words. Very Happy Well I am here to serve all vaishnavs in every possible way I can and in order to please you, I will tell you one extra story. Hope you like it and I am for sure Kavitaji will enjoy the same. Smile

A Tapasvi's Determination

Many people in india perform austerities to please God. A tapasvi was performing austerities under an ambali tree to please the Lord. He thought if he could please the Lord then he would earn His darshan. The tapasvi lived on leaves and all day devoutly ciircumambulated the tree. Because of this continuous walking around the tree there was a furrow a hand deep. One day Naradji was going to Vaikunth.

He saw the tapasvi and approached him. The tapasvi bowed down to him and said, ''Naradji, as you are going to Vaikunth, ask the Lord on my behalf when He will grant darshan to me, as I've been performing austerities for many years, eating only leaves.'' Naradji went to Vaikunth and by and by asked the Lord. ''A tapasvi is performing austerities under an ambali tree for you to grace him with your darshan.

When will you grace him? The Lord said, ''Tell him that for my darshan he will still have to perform austerities for as many years as there are leaves on the ambali tree!'' Who wouldn't give up on hearing this? Naradji felt weak in the legs. He felt defeated! He thought, ''What shall I say to the tapasvi. He is sure to lose determination.'' Naradji left Vaikunth and was making his way back across the sky. The tapasvi saw him and so called him. Hearing that Naradji had met the Lord the tapasvi was overjoyed. So he asked, ''What is God's message for me?'' Naradji replied sadly, ''I cannot tell you what the Lord has said. And if I do tell you, you will lose courage and give up your austerities.''

The tapasvi replied, ''No matter what the Lord has said, at least I'll hear His divine words. So tell me, what did He say.'' Even then Naradji was doubtful. ''Shall I tell him,'' he wondered. The tapasvi again urged him, ''Please tell me.'' So Naradji said, ''The Lord said that, ''even though you have performed austerities for many years, but you will still have to perform austerities for as many years as there are leaves on the ambali tree. Only then will He grace you with darshan." The tapasvi was overjoyed! He began to sing and dance, ''How lucky I am. God has sent me a divine message! Now it is certain that in the future God will grace me with His darshan. The extra years will pass in no time!''

Seeing the tapasvi's love and courage, the Lord instantly appeared before the tapasvi wearing a peacock crown and blessed him. The tapasvi's happiness knew no bounds. He was in ecstacy. Naradji asked God, ''Lord! You told me that you would grace him with darshan only after he had performed many more years of austerities.'' The Lord explained, ''Look at his devotion and determination! He didn't lose courage despite the many extra years! To such a person I have to give darshan.'' If the tapasvi had lost faith he would have lost hope. Then would he have had the Lord's darshan? Of course not! Never! Always have faith in the words of the great. A determined person reaches his goals early. In daily life and for salvation courage is required, then only does God help us

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK

Thanks Vasantji, really enjoyed the above varta. Pusthidasji discussed this varta on Friday at satsang for those who didn’t have access to the web. A very good example of, Kartum, Akartum and Anyatha Kartum.

Thanks a lot, everybody at satsang loved the story

JSK
vallabhdas
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Sri Krishna,

What is this "Friday Satsang"? i have read this jargon in one of Pushtidasji's postings and now in Sitalji's posting above....

Where is it held? Plz tell me?
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Vallabhdasji, Friday satsang is held at Pushtidasji's place in London.

Sitalji, I should say you are all so lucky to have an apportunity to attend the satsangs while here I am still just waiting for my luck to change, when will I get the chance to hear satsang from Pushtidasji ? Inaxiji? Rolling Eyes

Sarikaji, had described the satsangs to me and she really enjoyed it a lot hence she even came second time. I hope Shri Thakurji will fulfill my desire soon. Cool

Well here is the story you have been waiting for Laughing

Narada’s Pride While once doing meditation, some beautiful apsaras from the heavenly planets came down to his asrama in an attempt to seduce him. However, Narada was so absorbed in spiritual consciousness that he was quite unaffected. Although they had tried to make him fall down, he did not curse them, but, smiling, merely told them to leave. However, after they had gone, Narada Muni began to feel very proud of himself. Becoming overwhelmed with false ego, he approached his father, and proudly declared that he had overcome lust. Although congratulating him, his father anxiously warned him to keep this to himself, and not to tell his guru, Shankara, or Lord Vishnu. However, not heeding this advice, Narada Muni next approached Shankara, and told him the same thing. After praising him warmly, Shankara cautioned him against telling this to Vishnu. But Narada, blinded by pride, at once approached the Lord. Glorifying Him, he declared : "O omniscient Lord, by Your mercy I have overcome lust!" Although outwardly appearing pleased with him, Lord Vishnu could see the disease that had come in Narada Muni's heart, and knew that if left unchecked it would spread throughout his whole body and kill him. Therefore, to save him, He created an illusory world. Within that world there was a king with an incomparably beautiful daughter, whom he wanted to marry off. By the Lord's arrangement, Narada met the king, who told him that he could also compete for her hand in marriage, but that he was leaving the ultimate choice of husband in her hands. Upon seeing her, Narada Muni fell completely in love with her. However, he knew that she would never consider him. So he immediately went to Lord Vishnu, saying : "O Lord, I have never asked you for anything. But now I have an urgent request. Please make me as beautiful as Yourself!" Smiling affectionately, the Lord answered : "Yes, I must certainly act for your welfare. I will surely help you." Having received the Lord's blessings, Narada Muni left and went to the princess, feeling sure that she would not be able to resist him now. However, upon arriving, he was surprised that the princess seemed not even to notice him. She even appeared faintly disgusted by his presence. Although he walked very closely to her, and indicated by his facial expressions that he was the best choice of partner that she could possibly make, it was all to no avail. Meanwhile, two of Narada's Godbrothers continually praised him sarcastically, saying that there was no-one in the world so beautiful and irresistible as him. However, Narada Muni was so blinded by lust, that he did not at all realise that they were only mocking him. He had completely forgotten Vishnu, and was sunk in lust. This is the situation of all conditioned souls in this world. One controlled by lust becomes bereft of all intelligence and discrimination, just as Narada was. In that condition, we criticise many Vaishnavas, and think that we are so qualified. So we must be very careful. While Narada Muni was trying so hard to woo the princess, suddenly Lord Vishnu arrived on the back of Garuda. As soon as the beautiful princess set eyes on the Lord, she knew that He was the person she wanted as her husband. She put her garland on Him, Who, smiling, took her onto His lap, and at once flew off with her. Narada could not believe his eyes. His worshipable Lord, in Whom he had given his implicit trust, had now insulted and cheated him. Then, seeing his reflection in some water, he recoiled in horror to see the face of a monkey staring back at him!. Furiously, Narada went and confronted Lord Vishnu, and proceeded to curse Him and the princess. "Although I have had to suffer separation from my beloved for only one hour, I curse You to take birth on the earth, where you will be forced to suffer separation from the princess for one year!" Then Lord Vishnu lifted the veil of Yogamaya, and Narada realised the real situation. The princess was none other than Laksmi devi Herself. Repenting most wretchedly, Narada cried out: "O Lord ! I was in such an illusion, but you were only trying to help me. I have committed such aparadha against You." However, the Lord was overjoyed to have His devotee back, and answered : "I am very happy to undergo the effects of your curse. As Sita and Rama, Laksmi and I will advent on the planet earth, and by hearing the heart-rending story of our tribulations and pastimes, people will very easily attain Vaikuntha." The Lord went on to explain that the material world is such a dangerous place, that one may very easily be derailed at any time, and that we must therefore be very careful. After this, Narada went to the material world, and sang the glories of Sita and Rama everywhere

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Wow, it’s fascinating how all these leela’s are connected, very nicely written Vasantji

Vasantji, I am sure that you will be able to attend with Thakorji’s Krupa, (I have previously read in books that vaishnavs are able to mansi themselves to satsangs) Shocked.......where there is a will there is always a way. Wink We tried calling you once, unfortunately were not able to get through. Sad

Yet, we are all very lucky, even though all of us live miles apart, we have been bestowed with E-Tibari, which we can blaze with satsang, imagine years ago vaishnavs did not have this facility. So lets carry on with wonderful satsang Smile

Thank you for fulfilling my request

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Sitalji and hope some day I will be able to make it and meet u all.

Anyway here is one more story hope you will enjoy it. Smile

Tumbaru And Narad

Narad and Tumbaru went before God to Vaikunth. Tumbaru was a very good singer. He sang so well before the Lord that even the Lord felt joy and peace in his heart. As a gift the Lord gave him some fine clothes and ornaments. Even though Naradji is considered the 'mind of God,' as he is a great devotee, he felt jealous of Tumbaru. He decided to learn to sing and please the Lord.

His voice wasn't very good but he learnt how to sing anyway. Naradji then went before God and sang. The Lord said, ''You've come to get fine clothes and ornaments but you can't sing as well as Tumbaru.'' The Lord was very clear! He as good as insulted Naradji! Naradji then performed austerities to please Shivji. He did dharna parna, and asked a boon that he become an expert singer. But when he next sang before the Lord it was to no avail. God was not pleased. Naradji again began to practice.

He worked very hard for thousands of years. But as he was doing this out of jealousy, God was not pleased. In the end he went to Tumbaru. Naradji became humble and asked Tumbaru to teach him how to sing. Tumbaru taught him. Naradji then sang before the Lord in Dwarka. The Lord was extremely pleased and rewarded Naradji with clothes and ornaments. Never be jealous.
Strive to learn from those who are better than us.

Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
I have been thinking on this question for a while but couldn't figure out any answer; may be some of you can try answering this.

God created everything with a purpose. Nothing is useless in this universe and everything serves some purpose. Every activity on earth helps maintain the cycle of nature. If we go beyond earth than we know Sun and moon has its effect on earth without which survival is impossible. But if we go further beyond that than what is the purpose of countless galaxies with each galaxies having countless stars?

Earth is like a drop of ocean in the universe. And our life is very much limited to this drop. We are like a frog in a well whose life is limited to well and does not know anything about the sea. We hardly know about other galaxies that exists in universe. Forget about other galaxies we do not even know enough about our own galaxy.

Science is too immature to figure this out. It's an unsolved mystery. Does our scripture says anything about that? Does our scriptures talk about life on other planets? Also when we say everything has purpose, does our scriptures tell us what is the purpose of so many gallaxies and stars?

I am not sure how far such questions are valid in Krishnaseva. Should you feel such questions are irrelevant under this forum than please let me know the same. If you would not like to reply here than please feel free to write to my personal email: meetprashant@gmail.com and I shall stop asking such questions.

- Prashant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: