Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures of God

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahendra
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Pictures of God Reply with quote

JSK

Diwali cards, kankotri’s and various other invitation cards are sent every year by our loved ones.

The question is, what are we suppose to do with these after the occasion is finished, as most have god's pictures imprinted?

Thanks

JSK
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Very nice question Mahendraji. As far as my observation goes people immerse any pious thing in river, well, creek or sea. The reason behind this is the pious thing should not be treated with disrespect by dumping it in the garbage. Rather when immersed in sea it degenerates by nature's way. Which I believe is not completely correct because I have seen such pious things at the bank of river/sea and it is than being dumped some where by the municipality. So the purpose is not solved and we end up polluting water or we end up giving more work to municipality. So than what should we do?

It's all in our perception. Do we perceive these imprints of god on greetings or inviation card as god? I don't think so. We do not bow down to the imprint of god on greetings neither we perform any prayer. We treat that as picture of god and not god. We treat that as photocopy and not the original. That being the case it really doesn't matter. If you perceive those imprints as god than I don't have to tell what to do but if not that I would rather recycle it and help save environment.

- Prashant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: