Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Padhramani?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, thanx for explaning those kalps with relation to padhramni in a lucid way and the beautiful story of shobha betiji. Also making us recall an beautiful pad of shri surdasji.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh

Thank you for the kind words. Most of the information had already been suuplied in your posting and also well posted article by you, I only re-iterated the same with various elaborated information.

Lucid... hmmmm..

Now lets us invite Shree Gopalbhai to elaborate on Paheramani and Mala Paheramani.

Hey Payara Vaishnav Gopalji, where are you?
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh

Mala Peharamani
---- This is the Social Function, which is from the Saurashtra Region of Gujarat. When any of the Sevak-Vaishnav leaves the Material Body, so the family members of that Sevak-Vaishnavas arranges a function. Also they do the Padhramani of their ShriGurucharan during this ocassion. So When ShriGurucharan does Padhramani, at that time, the whole of the family members and other relatives also comes, and they all r greted by ShriMalaji in their Kanth by ShriGuruchran. i.e. ShriGuruji Dwara darrek Ghar na Sabhyo ne Tulsiji ni Mala paheravva Maa Aave chhe. This ocassion is called as Mala Paheramani.

Peharamani -------- Again this ocassion is to greet. But in different manner. A Vaishnava greets another Vaishnava who comes to his house. Once it so happened to me. I will take 1 prasang of mine, which will help to understand properly. I met a Sevak-Vaishnava of my ShriGurudwar in a clinic. we met each other and greeted each other with Jai Jai ShriGokulesh. Then that Vaishnava told me that at any time, u get time, do come to my house. So with grrace of ShriGOkulnathji, one day i got chance to go to that Vaishnavas house. So he got so much happy, and then talked to each other for more then an hour. Then when i was about to leave, he gave me a Napkin, as a part of Peharamani, As i went to his house for first time, and as a part of reminder he gave me that Napkin. Today also i carry this napkin regularly in my working bag, and always when i see that Napkin it reminds me of that vaishnava, and makes me eager to meet him again and again.
So in Paheramani, this was napkin, but some gives a pustak, some gives ShriTulsiji, etc, according to the Sevak-vaishnavas Manorath. This keeps on reminding us that we met that Vaishnava, and the love and affection, which he showed, we always think of it.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Gopal bhai, what u explained is understable as u explained with example...
But now i'm confused please clear this... Is Mala pehramni still continue... and as u said "the Padhramani of their Shri Gurucharan is done, at that time" does is means for all the Sevak-Vaishnav who leaves the Material Body...Also such occassions wont create an obstacle in seva to their Shri Gurucharan in serving their own nidhi swaroop.... If Shri Gurucharan is not residing in same place then is the kalps explained above is related here....
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh

Unnati, This Mala Peharamani Prasang is a social culture, which they involved with Alaukik bhaav in pushtimarg. And it is not compulsion that a Balak (goswami balak-shrigurucharan) should do padhramani. And this Mala Paheramani is not seen in other parts of gujarat. So it is not a compulsion, This function is been of some part of the gujarati community only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: