Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nav Villas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Nav Vilas. Reply with quote

JSK,

Tomorrowonwards Nav vilas festival begins.

I am afraid if I can request Pushtidasji and all other vaishnavs to continue the topic so that learner vaishnav like me can understand bhav for each and every day of Nav vilas and can enjoy nav vilas the way vaishnav should.

JSK,
Hetal.
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari bharoso.......
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Hetalji, thank you for your prompt. Nav-Villas started because Shree Svaminiji really wanted to thank all the sakhis (Gopis) who has directly or in directly hepled her in connection with her relation with Shree Thakorji, and when pondering over this idea she listed these sakhis and then I believe with the help of Thakorji, decided that Nav-Ratri was the Utsava in which Thakorji can reward these sakhis.

Due to nine days in Nav Ratri, Shree Svaminiji decided on nine sakhis. These sakhis were chosen on their merit of bhakti, and love towards Yugal Swaroop. (Couple, Thakorji,Svaminiji). And that is how this Nav-villas manorath started.

Nav-villas idea, the manorath, the Villas pada and kirtan was first properly and in cronological order was revealed by Shree Prabhucharan Shree Hariraji (Shree Shikshapatriji). We, in London Nav-Villas manorath, scheduled by International Pushtimargiya Vaishnav Parishad, sing these villas before the start of the raas garba for the day. Sunitaji has already posted the Pratham - Villas (the first Villas). The pratham villas is a manorath by first sakhi whose love saga is being posted in:

www.parishadlondon.org.uk (Chandravaliji's biographical novel).

Her dressing attire is of red, hence this colour was chosen to be the dressing attire for first villas. She made Shree Svaminiji the Mukhiya (Leading) sakhi and did the villas. The food, the dance style and rest of the manoraths for first villas was also chosen by Chandravaliji. The venue and all the settings are depicted in the first villas and Shree Prabhucharn Shree Hariraiji revealed this manorath in Nav-Villas Kirtan.

We are at the moment involved in several projects like, Gopi-Geet, Shree Sidhant Rahashiya and also Chandravaliji, and these projects are big in its contents and bhava, so it has taken quite lot of my time. In spitre of all these projects I have to mane two sites, act as secretary for IPVP London (UK) and also have to extensively involve in day to day manorath and Utsava. All this does take much of my time, never the less, I will try to revive Nav-Villas soon. Meanwhile, have a lovely Villas and lets all have lovely raas with all the sakhis and vaishnavs, please bring yourself physically and also in mansi (in mental state) to Parishad's Villas, the only proper Villas which is for Pushtimargiya Vaishnavs in United Kingdom.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Badhais for the start of Nav Villas and thank you for this wonderful posting.
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Nav Vilas Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Pushtidasji for the quick reply and excellent explanation for the first vilas. I ll definately visit Parishadlondon website for more details as suggested by u.

JSK,
Hetal.
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari bharoso........
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Very interesting and good topic so lets continue but all must participate.

Let me add the kirtan of second vilas.

RAAG MALAV

Dhitiya Vilas kiyo Shyamaju khel samasiya kini,
Taki mukhiya sakhi Lalitaju anand maharas bhini------(1)

Chali sunkeet vihar karan bali puja saaji sumpuran,
Bahu uphaar bhog payes-le bha halavat muran--------(2)

Mundhir devi gaan karat yash Aaye mele Giridhari,
Munko bhaayo bayo sabanko kaam vedna tari-----(3)

Shyamko singhar Shyam ko Lalita nivi kholi,
Lila nirkhat das Rasik-jun Shri mukh Shyama boli.----(4).

So in second Vilas Mukhya Sakhi was LALITAJI and color is "YELLOW"

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

This is the first Villas: I have made a humble attempt to explain the meaning for this leela. This is specially for you Hetalji. I hope you enjoy the raas. See in Nav-villas.

Meaning:

Pratham Vilas kiyo Shyamaju keeno bipin biharju
Unke bidhki shoba burno kahat ne Aave parju

Shree Svaminiji started the first Villas by setting the scene for raas vihaar (exotic raas). The settings and the decorations and the preparation in presenting this villas was exotic and unique in its merit, I have no words to descibe the lovely decoration and the organisation of such exotic raas.

Vake yuthki gunna nahi nirgun bhakt kahave
Taki sankhiya kahat ne Aave Shesh-hu par ne pave.

Meaning:
The yuth (team) she (svaminiji) is leading is exclusive in its entity as the team is made of all nirguna bhava bakta (followers). There are numerious quality in these bhakta and when one tries to describe these quality, its eminantly evident that it will take eternity to complete the list.

Dhosh dhosh priti galeen galeen priti rung rung umber saje
Kiyo shinghar nukhsikh ung yuvti jiyo karni gun raje

Meaning:

All sakhis did shringar, they dressed up for the occassion and made sure that everyone looked at their best and then also made sure all the streets which was leading to "Vrandavan" (forest called Vranda) were decorated for the occassions. It was like a carnival, a festival of dances, flaunt and love.

Bahu puja le chali Vrindhavan paan ful pukvane
Taake yuth mukhiya Chandravali Chandraklasi bane

Meaning:

Chandravaliji was the leader who lead her team to go for devi puja. Shree looked beautiful, as beautiful and fair as moon (Chandrakalashi). All her team sakhis made their way to Vandravan to do devi puja. They gathered all the items like leaves (paan) ful (flowers) and pukvane (varieties of food).

Pohunchi jae nikunj bhavan me darsi Vrundha-devi.
Taake pad vadan kari mangiyo Shyamsunder vur Aavi.

Meaning:

They all reached the beautiful garden in Vrandavan where "Vranda -devi" (the goddess of the forest, her name was Vranda) bhavan (temple) was. They did her darshan and did "pad vandan" (dandvat, bow) at her feet and prayed. In their prayer they all desired Shyamsunder (krishna) as their beloved husband.

Tihichin Prabhuji Aap padare koteek mun math mohe.
Ung ung priti upma ravi shashi kohe.

Meaning:

"Tihi chin" (at that moment) Krishna Himself appeared. He looked thousand times in fact, umpteen times, beautiful and handsome compared to moon and the intensity of his vibrating beauty enticed the sakhis heart and they were forever smitten. Every part of their body and all the their hearts quickly absorbed the beauty rays protruding from Krishna. These rays were as dazzling as "ravi" (sun) and "shashi" (moon), but were less intence in depicting the heat it generated.

Dhejug jham Shyam Shyama sung keli bibid rung keene
Udhat tarang rung rus uchaleet das Rasik Rus peene.

Not only Shyam (krishna) but Shyama (Svaminiji) also had bestowed her grace on these sakhis and gave them darshan. With the couple (yugal), sakhis played varience in raas games and all the permutation and games in raas leela.

Upon doing the darshan of such a leela (raas leela, raas games) Rasikdas (Rasikdas is a pseudo name for the poet, the writer of this villas, Shree Hariraiji Prabhucharan) was also engrossed with ras of this raas leela.
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Nav Vilas. Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks very much Pushtidasji for wonderfull explanation. I am really enjoying Nav vilas.

JSK,
Hetal.
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari bharoso.......................
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you very much Pushtidasji, we are enjoying all of your postings immensely, and as they often say
"The best things come to those who wait"

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Badhai to all vallah vaishnavs on Nav-Villas

Thanks Hetalji, for bringing up this topic on tibari and it was lovely meeting you at Nav Villas yesterday Smile

Pusthidasji, thanks for the wonderful posting

JSK
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Nav Vilas. Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,
It was very nice to meet u too Sitalji. Pushtidasji, Inaxiji, Trushnaji and Palnaji and Anjanaji it was lovely meeting u all too. Very Happy Thanks Pushtidasji for wonderfull pustak.

JSK,
Hetal
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari bharoso.
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Nav Vilas. Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

I am enjoying Nav vilas. Thanks Vasantji for 2nd vilas. Unfortunately I don't understand sanskrit and Vraj langauge. Pushtidasji thanks for explaining 1st vias Can I expect the same for other Vilas also?

JSK,
Hetal.
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari bharoso.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you for kind words Hetalji. It was very nice and my bhagiya that I am amongst bhagvadiya like you.

Here is interesting fact on Nav Villas colour. I will soon comply with your request on translating Nav-Villas kirtan.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vrajanandkandrama vrajanandkandram |
ghospatibhagiyabhuvi jatam |
rasikvargopikapitrassamananama |
tava jayatu mundrushi sujatam || Dhruvapadama ||
ruchir darhasgaldamal parimal lubdha madhu kul mukhkamal sadanam |
Amrutchayangarvanirvas na dharsidhu payaya mnojaginshmanam || 1 ||

Meaning:

The complete utility of Anand, happiness is Shree Krishna, the king of Shree Vraj and leader of happy medium is son of Nandraiji, who really counts himself the lucky father, has taken his bode in Vraj. Shree Krishna is the lover and husband of top most of all rasikjana, the gopis, please let me use my eyes to see you and your rasa svaha leela, give me pragat darshan, glory to your beautiful face. The aroma that entices us (gopis) flows from your expresses and the contour of your face ricks with "anushka" perfume which only diffuses by Lotus flowers, oh that lovely, beautiful but most enchanting face is the resident of those eyes that scorch us into imbibing into alokik lust (kamagni) of fire. Please let me imbibe into those eyes of yours and infuse my completeness, body, soul and mind and set my manorath to that ras, the ras of nectar.

This is the first Gopi who said to Shree Krishna on the first Villas. The Villas theme was the Madhur natra (beautiful eyes) of Shree Krishna and the rose-petal-lips of most lustful alokik nectar. This was the first setting of the Manorath and it was also the ruler, measurement by which most other bhava were followed in the villas.

So to match such a colourful bhava, the colour of the villas (first day) was picked. Now the next Villas Kirtan...
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Hre is the second villas as promised. This is for you Hetalji. Thanks for the persistance, love it.

Dhvitiya Vilas kiyo Shyamaju khel samashiya kini,
Taki mukhiya sakhi Lalitaju anand maharas bhini------(1)

The second Villas was organised by Shree Shyamaju (Shree Svaminiji, that is, Shree Radhaji). She also gave instruction to create special games for the occasion. The raas games were type of kirtan which created a quiz and through these quiz one has to guess the next person who will be doing raas with Krishna as a partner.

Lalitaji was chosen as the hosting sakhi. She was also in Maharaas and had enjoyed that raas immensely.

(Please note: Although Lalitaji was present in Maharaas, here in this pada (kirtan) it is confusing weather Shree Hariraiji Prabhucharan was pointing at Lalitaji as a worthy qualified hostess for second villas as she did play Maharaas and this experience made her the worthy of this position. I am not quite sure. On further search on Nav-Villas available literature, one can also come to a conclusion that the dhvitiya (second) Nav-villas was a mini version of Maharaas. So this may make her the experience sakhi. When looking at the rest of the stanza, it is quite clear that the raas was a quiz raas and not Maharaas, so we can only conclude that Lalitaji became leader of this raas was just Radhaji's choice and the choice was not based on her (Shree Lalitaji's) experience of Maharaas.)

Chali Sunkeet vihar karan bali puja saaji sumpuran,
Bahu uphaar bhog payesaley bahai halavat muran--------(2)

All the sakhis made varieties of food. They also decorated Puja thali (plates) with complete puja itenery. The all walked (pavesaley) barefoot with their torso (muran) depicted a dancing sequence all the way to Sunkeet Vaan (name of the forest). They were all excited in anticiption of having vihar (enticing vraj games) with Krishna.

Mundir devi gaan karat yash Aaye mele Giridhari,
Munko bhaayo bhayo sabanko kaam vedna tari-----(3)

In Sankeet Van, they all attended Sankeet Devi's temple (mandir). They did devi puja (worship) and were singing with rejoice. Suddenly Shree Krishna appeared. Krishna did not want all these sakhis to do aniya-ashray so He quickly appeared. Sankeet devi gave prominence to Krishna and walked away from the temple.

All their desire and the leela ras bhava was fulfilled by Shree Girdhari (Krishna). Their desire for alokik lust and the pangs of separation was accommodated in the villas.

Shyamko singhar Shyam ko Lalita nivi kholi,
Lila nirkhat das Rasik-jun Shri mukh Shyama boli.----(4).

Lalitaji played a prank, she put Svaminiji's cloths on Thakorji and Thakorji's clothes on Svaminiji. They all were having lovely darshan. Shree Hariraiji also was engrossed in this leela.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Vasantji, it is over to you, please do put the third Villas on the Tibari.
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Hetalji for persistance, I love it too.

Enjoying the transalation of villas in english and of course the bhava of each villas. Thank you Vasantji and Pushtidasji.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: