Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tadrushi Vaishnav

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Tadrushi Vaishnav Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna to all vallah vaishnavs

What are the characteristics of a Tadrushi vaishnav? My gran has always told me that these vaishnavs are the hidden diamonds who are extremely difficult to find. What differences are there between a general vaishnav and Tadrusi?

Also referring back to Manisji question in the Shikshapatra, am eager to find out the answer. Please read quote below

Quote:
thanks for explaining the stages, can you please explain Tadiya in a bit more detail. I read a couple of times, but could not follow it fully.

Also when you say
"do I get better in my path of devotion? If answer is "YES" then you have found Tadiya vaishnav. If the answer is "NO" then you have to move on.
"

Please pardon my stupid question, but that way all the Tadiya Vaishnavs or those who are senior to us, will just move on. As they will definetly not make progress having satsang to us.
Or rather to should even do satsang if it is also for the benefit of themselves and others..

Thanking you all in advance

JSK
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

i think there is some misunderstanding....
The following is a brief account as per my limited understanding. Please excuse any errors and kindly help to enlighten us by correcting any mistakes.

- i would assume that it should be for us (normal vaishnavs) to move on if one does not progress in the path by meeting/doing satsang with other vaishnavs (this could mean either we have not met those more experienced/exalted vaishnavs or we are yet to become the appropriate patra/vessel). To use a rough example:
When we play sports, especially competitive level.... badminton, squash, table-tennis, chess, etc.. if one is to improve their game then they will/should always play with a better player. If they play with an average player, or a player they will easily defeat then their game is never going to improve. This does not mean that they should not do satsang with them.. However, the type/weight of the satsang would be different from that done with those experienced/exalted vaishnavs as they will have much more to share/impart at a higher level.

Similarly, we have seen examples of vaishnavs being sent by their gurujis, from one vaishnav to another in order for them to progress and learn 'specific' lessons

As per my limited understanding, it is not for the tadrushi vaishnav to move on (although they may choose to through Bhagvad Iccha), but to help the vaishnav progress by encouraging them in their satsang
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Jagdishji, nice explanation.

Tadrushi means uske jaisa. Uske means bhagwan jaisa (like god). Here Bhagvadiya, Param Bhaagvat, Bhagavat, Tadrushi all are synonyms. So we can say that Bhagvadiya and Tadrushi are same.

The life of tadrushi jeeva is only for god, this tadrushi jeeva's have the overall knowledge of the path/sect. And the general vaishnavs have TATPARTA (eagerness to know/learn) in bhagwad-swaroop, seva, katha, sharavan, smaran, manan and chintan. So for this reason vaishnavs keep in touch with the senior vaishnav to become like them.

This is up to my limited knowledge. Would like other vaishnavs to elaborate it.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Unnatiji, thank you for the kind fords and for further clarifying the same...

a question arises as follows:

does the terminology 'Harijan' then also signify the same as Bhagvadiya ? (from the line.."Harina Jan to Hari Jeva"...)
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Jagdishji, Hari means the one who takes all our sorrows/pains. And jan/jeev means the person.
So from this we can say Terterminology 'Harijan' also signify the same as Bhagvadiya. This too can be synonym of tadrushi.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Also at Shri Bhagwatji 11th canto is said as an important canto;

Quote:
" Tatra bhagvatan dharman shikshed gurv-atma daivatah I
Amayayanuvruchya yais tusyed atmatma-do harih II " (11/3/22)

Accepting the bona fide spiritual master as one's life and soul and worshipable deity, the disciple should learn from him the process of pure devotional service. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the soul of all souls, is inclined to give Himself to His pure devotees. Therefore, the disciple should learn from the spiritual master to serve the Lord without duplicity and in such a faithful and favorable way that the Supreme Lord, being satisfied, will offer Himself to the faithful disciple.

Also,
Quote:
" Parasparanukathanam pavanam bhagwad yasah I
Mitho ratir mithas tustir nivruttir mitha atmanah II " (11/3/30)

One should learn how to associate with the devotees of the Lord by gathering with them to chant the glories of the Lord. This process is most purifying. As devotees thus develop their loving friendship, they feel mutual happiness and satisfaction. And by thus encouraging one another they are able to give up material sense gratification, which is the cause of all suffering.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Unnatiji, thank you for these further clarifications, nicely put.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanks Unnatiji and Jagdisji for your responses, enjoyed reading your postings Smile

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Good inputs and now let me add one Bhajan by Narsi Mehta. Here he beautifully describes a vaishnav and he was famous for Raag Kedaro.

Vaishnawa jana to tene kahiye je peera paraee janere,
paradukkhe upakaar kare toye man abhimaan na aane re.
He is a Vaishnava who feels for the suffering of another
And forgets the good he does to another, never taking pride in it.

Sakala lokhma sahune wande ninda na kare keni re,
Waacha kaachha mana nishchal raakhe dhandhan janani tenire (1)
Who cares not for the praise and condemnation of the world nor himself indulges in it.

Sama drushteene trishna tyaagi parastri jene maat re,
Jiwha thaki asatya na bole para dhana nawa jhale hatha re (2)
.. He is treats all equally, has no desires; regards another's wife as own mother, always speaks the truth and does not touch other's property

Moha maya vyape nahi jene driha vairagya jena manamare,
Raama-naama shun taali laagi sakal tirath tenaa tanamaare, (3)
He labours neither under infatuation, nor withdraws his
mind from worldly things. He is no slave of any passion or attachment, and the spirit of renunciation rules his mind.
He is intent on Rama-nama ; His heart is fixed on the Lord, whom he is restless to meet, his body is the sacred shrine and pilgrimage.

Wana lobheene kapat rahit chhe kaama krodha niwarya re,
Bhane Narasaiyyo tenu darshana kartaa kulaikottar taaryyare (4)
He is no miser, and he is free from deceit and he has
conquered passions and anger.
Says Narsi, verily he and his family shall cross the cycle of rebirth

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: