Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 9th is Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: August 9th is Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi) Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Badhai valla vaishnavs on Raksha Bandhan

One nice kirtan please join in and also sing more-----!!!!!!!!!!!

Raag Sarang

Rakhsha bandhan ke dhin Aayo !
----------------Gargadhi sub dev bhulaye Lalhi tilak banayo---- --(1)

Sub Gurujan mil dhet Aashish chiran-jiyo vraj-rayo--
----------------Bado pratap nit yadho-tako Parmanand jus ga-a-yo--(2)

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sunita Punjabi on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Rakhi Badhais to all...

Raag Sarang

Bahan Subhdra Raakhi Baandhat BalAru Shri Gopalko
Kanakthaar Akshat Bhar Kumkum Tilak Karat Nand Laalke

Aartee karat det Nyochavar vaarat muktaa maalke
Aaskaran Prabhu Mohannaagar Prem Punj VrajBaalke
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Badhai Vaishnavs on Raksha Bandhan!!!
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Badhai to all vaishnavs.

Jagdishbhai that was nice kirtan will add one of mine later.

Now Vaishnavs do you know that today is also Shri Balram Jayanti? (elder brother of Shri Krishna) so let me say a few words.

Appearance day of Lord Balaram on Wednesday 9 August.

Shri Baladeva is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. He is equal in supremacy to the Supreme Godhead, yet wherever Krishna appears, Shri Baladeva appears as Krishna's brother, sometimes elder, sometimes younger. In his vaibhava-prakasa feature, Lord Krishna manifests Himself as Balarama. The Balarama feature is as good as Krishna Himself, the only difference being that the bodily hue of Krishna is dark and that of Balarama is fair. These two Lords, Krishna and Balarama, are each the seed and womb of the universe, the Creator and His Creative potency. They enter the hearts of living beings and control their conditioned awareness. They are the primeval supreme.

Yogamaya transferred Ananta Sesa (Balarama) from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini. Seven months later during the most auspicious moment in Sravana month, Rohini, just like a lioness gave birth to Lord Balarama feeling all happiness. His complexion was just like a white lotus flower and He looked like the full moon. His eyes were brilliant like lightning flashes and his hair was the color of a new cloud yet brilliant like the sun. Such extraordinary beauty prevailed because He was none other than the Lord Sankarsana. Astrologers said that He would have long arms and kill Pralambasura; that He would have a younger brother and kill many other demons. They said He is Dhenupal, the protector of cows an the killer of Dhenekasura. The brahmanas under Vasudeva's order performed the jata karma samskara ceremony. Though He was extremely beautiful, everyone was extremely anxious because He was mute and inactive. No one could get Him to make a sound or move. Once when Yasoda was pregnant, she picked Him up and carefully placed Him on her lap next to her heart where Krishna was residing, Balarama immediately began to laugh and play like a blissful child. But when Yasoda would set Him down, again he would become inactive. He remained in this condition until the appearance of His younger brother (Krishna).

CHILDHOOD

During their formative years Sri Balarama and his younger brother Shri Krishna played and acted just like normal cowherd boys except for the events brought about by the unkind acts of certain demons these extraordinary activities were played out for the enjoyment and salvation of jivas in the material world. Krishna and his brother Balarama passed the childhood age known as kaumara together.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Jai Shri Balarama,

Balarama is the first bodily,expansion of Krishna, and He assists in Lord Krishna's transcendental pastimes. He is the source of the entire spiritual world and is the adi-guru, the original spiritual master.
He assumes five other forms to serve Lord Krishna. He Himself helps in the pastimes of Lord Krishna, and He does the work of creation in four other forms called the catur-vyuha (four armed) forms known as Vasudeva, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Anirudha. He executes the orders of Lord Krishna in the work of creation, and in the form of Lord Sesa He serves Sri Krishna in various ways. In all the forms He tastes the transcendental bliss of serving Krishna. No one can approach Krishna without first getting the mercy
of Baladeva.

Descent of Balarama
Whenever Krishna appears in the material world, He is accompanied by His
associates and paraphernalia. Five thousand years ago when Krishna descended
into the material world, He was first preceded by Baladeva. Only after
Baladeva give His mercy did Krishna descend, such is the intimate
relationship between Krishna and Baladeva.
When Baladeva appeared as the seventh child in the womb of Devaki, she could
understand that this was a divine child and this made her all the more
concerned about His safety. Even Kamsa could sense His potency and he became
fearful, thinking he may have been tricked by the prophecy that he will be
slain only by the eight child of Devaki. At this time Krishna instructed
Yogamaya, His internal potency, to transfer the unborn child from the womb
of Devaki to that of Rohini, one of the other wives of Vasudeva, who was
hiding from Kamsa in the house of Nanda Maharaja in Gokul.
In this way Balarama was born in Gokul under the protection of Nanda
Maharaja. Garga Muni the venerable kulguru (family priest) of the Yadu
dynasty revealed to Rohini that the child she was carrying was indeed that
of her husband Vasudeva. At the time of the name-giving ceremony he named
the child Rama, one who gives all pleasures. Referring to the immense
strength of the child, Garga Muni predicted that He will also be known as
Balarama (bala meaning strength). Since He was forcibly attracted from the
womb of Devaki to that of Rohini, He was also be called Sankarshana. As the
son of Rohini He was known as Rohini-nandan and as the elder brother of
Krishna He was also called Douji.

The form of Lord Balarama
Powerful Lord Balarama is sixteen years old, full of the luster of youth and
has a fair complexion the color of crystal. He wears blue garments and a
garland of forest flowers. His handsome hair is tied in a graceful topknot.
Splendid earrings adorn His ears and His neck is splendidly decorated with
garlands of flowers and strings of jewels. Splendid armlets and bracelets
ornament Douji's graceful and very strong arms and His feet are decorated with splendid jeweled anklets.
Lord Balarama's beauty is enhanced by the earrings touching His cheeks. His face is decorated with tilaka made from musk, and His broad chest is
ornamented with a garland of gunja. Balarama's voice is very grave and His arms are very long, touching His thighs
The splendor of Lord Balarama's transcendental form eclipses many millions of glistening rising moons, and the slightest scent of His boundless
strength is sufficient to destroy many armies of demons. Although He knows the supernatural power of His younger brother, Krishna, still, out of love for Him, He never leaves Krishna alone in the forest even for a moment.
Balarama is Sri Krishna's dearest friend and is a great reservoir of the
nectar mellows of many kinds of transcendental pastimes.
Specific Pastimes of Lord Balarama.

Balarama slays Dhenukasura
Balarama kills Pralambasura
Balarama glorified by Krishna
Kauravas chastised
Balarama marries Revati
Balarama and Mahabharata
Killing of Romaharshana
Mercy of Lord Balarama

Plus there are many other stories in Shrimad Bhagwad and if you vaishnavs like to know any of the above stories then please let me know so can type for you here or one can read those in Shrimad Bhagwad.

Now Unnatiji, Sitalji, Trushnaji, Palnaji and dear vaishnavs help solve these two queries

1) Shri Balarama is also called ___________ Avtar ? (fill in the blank)

2) Shri Yamunaji was chastised By Shri Balaram how ?(Tell this story)

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Jagdishbhai, I am not that good in kirtans but will try anyway ! !

Raag Sarang.

Rakhi bandhan baheni Subhdra Bal Aaro Shri Gopalke,--
--------------------Kanchan ratan thaal bari moti tilak diyo Nandlalke-----(1)

Aarti karat Rohini jhunni antar bade anuragke------
-------------------Aaskaran Prabhu Mohan-Nagar Prem-Punj Vraj-Baal-ke----(2)

Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishan

The introductory post on Balramji is a really lovely gesture Vasantbhia, we have enjoyed it immensely.

Badhai to all vaishnavs on this lovely Rakshabandhan's Tyohar and Utsava.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Badhaai to all vaisnav for both of the auspicious occassion.
Vasantji, thanx for sharing a part from srimad bhagwatji we really enjoyed it.

1) Shri Balarama is also called ___________ Avtar ?

Is it Shesha Avatar (the divine serpent on whom Lord Vishnu rests).
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

2) Shri Yamunaji was chastised By Shri Balaram how ?

Lord Balarama and Yamuna Devi:-

Since the season was springtime, the breeze on the bank of the Yamuna was blowing very mildly, carrying the aroma of different flowers, especially the flower known as kaumudi. Moonlight filled the sky and spread everywhere, and thus the banks of the Yamuna appeared very bright and pleasing, and Lord Balarama enjoyed the company of the gopis there.

The demigod known as Varuna sent his daughter Varuni in the form of liquid honey oozing from the hollows of the trees. Because of this honey the whole forest became aromatic, and the sweet aroma of the liquid honey, Varuni, captivated Balaramaji. Balaramaji and all the gopis became very much attracted by the taste of Varuni, and all of them drank it together. While drinking this natural beverage, all the gopis chanted the glories of Lord Balarama, and Lord Balarama felt very happy, as if He had become intoxicated by drinking that Varuni beverage. His eyes rolled in a pleasing attitude. He was decorated with long garlands of forest flowers, and the whole situation appeared to be a great function of happiness because of this transcendental bliss. Lord Balarama smiled beautifully, and the drops of perspiration decorating His face appeared like soothing morning dew.

While Balarama was in that happy mood, He desired to enjoy the company of the gopis in the water of the Yamuna. Therefore He called the Yamuna to come nearby. But the Yamuna neglected the order of Balaramaji, considering Him intoxicated. Lord Balarama became very much displeased at the Yamuna's neglecting His order. He immediately wanted to scratch the land near the river with His plowshare. Lord Balarama has two weapons, a plow and a club, from which He takes service when they are required. This time He wanted to bring the Yamuna by force, and He took the help of His plow. He wanted to punish the Yamuna because she did not come in obedience to His order. He addressed the Yamuna, "You wretched river! You did not care for My order. Now I shall teach you a lesson! You did not come to Me voluntarily. Now with the help of My plow I shall force you to come. I shall divide you into hundreds of scattered streams!"

When the Yamuna was threatened like this, she became greatly afraid of the power of Balarama and immediately came in person, falling at His lotus feet and praying thus: "My dear Balarama, You are the most powerful personality, and You are pleasing to everyone. Unfortunately, I forgot Your glorious, exalted position, but now I have come to my senses, and I remember that You hold all the planetary systems on Your head merely by Your partial expansion Sesha. You are the sustainer of the whole universe. My dear Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are full with six opulences. Because I forgot Your omnipotence, I have mistakenly disobeyed Your order, and thus I have become a great offender. But, my dear Lord, please know that I am a soul surrendered unto You. You are very much affectionate to Your devotees. Therefore please excuse my impudence and mistakes, and, by Your causeless mercy, may You now release me."

Upon displaying this submissive attitude, the Yamuna was forgiven, and when she came nearby, Lord Balarama enjoyed the pleasure of swimming in her water along with the gopis in the same way that an elephant enjoys himself along with his many sea-elephants. After a long time, when Lord Balarama had enjoyed to His full satisfaction, He came out of the water, and immediately a goddess of fortune offered Him a nice blue garment and a valuable necklace made of gold. After bathing in the Yamuna, Lord Balarama, dressed in blue garments and decorated with golden ornaments, looked very attractive to everyone. Lord Balarama's complexion is white, and when He was properly dressed He looked exactly like the white elephant of King Indra in the heavenly planets. The river Yamuna still has many small branches due to being scratched by the plowshare of Lord Balarama. And all these branches of the river Yamuna still glorify the omnipotence of Lord Balarama.

Lord Balarama and the gopis enjoyed transcendental pastimes together every night for two months, and time passed so quickly that all those nights appeared to be only one night. In the presence of Lord Balarama, all the gopis and other inhabitants of Vrndavana became as cheerful as they had been before in the presence of both brothers, Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama.

Source: http://krishna.krishna.org/Articles/2003/03/029.html
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
and
Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh

That was a quite a posting and thanks Unnatiji for sharing it with us and I am quite pleased that you also mentioned the source of this article. Thanks a lot.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, thanx for the kind words. Since i have not written the article nor i have typed it so how can i take the credit of it. Therefore i gave the link from which i found that article. Smile
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Yes Unnatiji this article was so well narrated. Even myself could not have said it better. Thanks for sharing.

Also the questions answered were both correct.

Now we know that Shri Balram was so powerfull that he could even kill someone with a blade of grass.

Seeing his impudence Balarama struck him with a single blade of kusa straw and killed him (Do u know this story????)

kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna.

thankyou for the nice stories. please tell us all the stories of balaramji.
they are very intresting. we learn so much from them.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Kavitaji, here is one of the stories and are your kids enjoying it too!

Killing of Romaharshana
Towards the end of Dvapara yuga thousands of sages assembled on the banks of
Naimyasharana to perform a thousand year yajna in an effort to reverse the
onset of Kali yuga. They appointed as their leader Romaharshana, one of the
main disciple of Vyasadeva, who was also present when Sukadeva Goswami
narrated Srimad Bhagavatam to King Parikshit.
When Lord Balarama entered the assembly, understanding Him to be the Supreme
Personality of Godhead, all present rose to offer Him respect. However
Romaharshana, proud at occupying the position of the leader did not get up.
Lord Balarama could understand that even though Romaharshana was a an expert
Vedantist, he had not yet realized these teachings. Considering him
unqualified to lead the ceremony, Balarama touched him with a blade of grass
causing him to die
. He then instituted Suta, the son of Romaharshana as the
leader of the assembly and continued with His pilgrimage.

(Story with details)

There came a time when it was inevitable that the two arguing factions of the Kuru dynasty were going to war. Lord Balarama, not anxious to see the outcome of this conflict decided to take pilgrimage to all the holy places. At one such place there was a large sacrifice taking place. Many great sages were present at this sacrifice and when Lord Balarama approached they rose and offered Him all due respects. Thereafter they offered Balarama a proper seat and worshipped Him as the Supreme Lord. All the sages present did this except Romaharsana, who remained seated on the Vyasasana. Seeing his impudence Balarama struck him with a single blade of kusa straw and killed him. Upon seeing the Lord kill Romaharsana, the other sages in attendance became greatly distressed. They humbly petitioned the Lord saying that they had bestowed the great boon of long life upon Romaharsana and that the Lord had caused their benediction to become false. The sages then requested the Lord to please set an example and atone for the sin He had committed even though He was the Supreme Personality of Godhead and therefore sinless.

Lord Balarama heard the words of the sages and was pleased with them. He said that the benediction of the father, Romaharsana, should be passed on to the son, and the Lord also agreed that He would do whatever the sages suggested that he do in order to atone for the sin. The sages then asked that He please slay the demon Balvala, who was a great source of anguish for the sages. After He had performed this task , the sages said that Lord Balarama should continue his pilgrimage for 12 months. Balarama accepted what the sages said, and the next time the demon Balvala appeared Balarama called for His club and His plow. Although the demon was flying here and there in the air, the Lord swiftly snagged the demon with his plow and pulling him down He smashed his head with His club. After accepting due praise from the sages and taking their leave Lord Balarama continued on His pilgrimage

Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri krishna,

Yes vallabhi vaishnavs we do have kirtans sung by Ashta sakha on this badhai day of Shri Balaram

Let me sing one.

RAAG SARANG

Mundhal vaaj-yo ri ! vraj jhun ke, pragate Shri Balaram , Rohini - Kunkhi pragat Purshottam vraj jhun mun abhiram

Jo jhun vinay karat, dukh tin-ke, ka-tut hai tihi jham, terat kohu jhat taha bhaje, Aur kachu nahi kaam.

Sham Ram ko bhed ne janat, karat judhai mun me, Chit Swami mukh so kaha varno, Aagi lago tun me
---

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: