Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adhyaas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

And those 5 Primary elements are Sky, Air, Light, Water and Earth.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanks Vasantji, Pusthidasji discussed this topic in satsang a few weeks ago and everybody enjoyed it immensely. Yes, Unnatiji our body is made up of those 5 elements so we can easily catch kalyug through water, light, air, sky and earth.

Could someone please elaborate?

JSK
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Sitalji, good going I am enjoying this so please all do continue.

This is all I know that in Kal- Jug

Water is not pure (but contaminated)
Air is polluted
Sky is not clear
Earth is not clean
Light is not sufficient

So if a body is made up of those five How clean (spiritual) will he/she be Palnaji? Kavitaji and all.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Talking about five mahabhuto, there is also an anology about these Mahabhuto. As we have all agreed that five elements are used in forming the human body, that way, we also see these elements in the name "BHAGHVAN".

All Gujarati speaking vaishnavs will recognise this elements in the name, here is how these five elements (panch mahabhuto) in the name "Bhagvan":

"Bha"= Bhumi (earth)
"Ga" = Gagan (Sky)
"V" = Vayu (Gas/air)
"aa"= Agani = Prakash (light)
"Na" = Neer (water)

Is it not amazing that the elements are part of Human body and yet these elements are in God !

Hehehe..I thought this way one can remember these panch mahabhuto.
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Both human body and Bhagvan are made of panch mahabhuto.

Pushtidasji, is that because Atma is from Parmatma? Any connection?
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, thanx for giving the new abbrevation for BHAGWAN with refrence to 5 Mahabhuto. Laughing
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Just a quote from Bhagwad Gita.

WE ARE NOT THESE BODIES

dehi nityam avadhyo 'yam
dehe sarvasya bharata
tasmat sarvani bhutani
na tvam socitum arhasi

O Descendant of Bharata, he who dwells in the body is eternal and can
never be slain. Therefore you need not grieve for any creature."
(Bhagavad-gita 2.30)

The very first step in self-realization is realizing one's identity as separate from the body. "I am not this body but am spirit soul" is an essential realization for anyone who wants to transcend death and enter into the spiritual world beyond.

It is not simply a matter of saying "I am not this body", but of actually realizing it. This is not as simple as it may seem at first. Although we are not these bodies but are pure consciousness, somehow or other we have become encased within the bodily dress. If we actually want the happiness and independence that transcend death, we have to establish ourselves and remain in our constitutional position as pure consciousness.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,
that's wonderful by Pushtidasji and Vasantbhai, really the new way of learning the marg. Pls continue the same...
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Here is something from Shrimad Bhagwad Chapter 4 Discourse 12.

The God of riches advised Dhruvji as follows :- The time spirit alone is responsible for the birth and death of living beings. Like the dream consciousness, the false notion of "I" and "you" arises in men through ignorance and as a result of his self-identification with the body; and it is due to this notion that he has to suffer bondage as well as miseries.

Worship the Lord who is above sence perception and do not get deluded by the Maya of the Lord which consists of three gunas (Sattva, Rajas and Tamas)

Shrimad Bhagwad Chapter 7 discourse 2.

The bodies of living beings of every description come into being and perish at the appointed time due to a variety of Karmas determining their species.

The spirit, however, which is altogether different from the body, is not bound by the laws relating to the body even though dwelling in it. This body is born (as something identical with the spirit) due to the ignorance of the Jiva, though (as a matter of fact) it is different (from the Jiva) because it is perceived (as such) and is material (too) as a house. Like an object made up of aqueous, earthy or fiery atoms, the body, which is made up of the atoms of water, earth and fire put together gets transformed in course of time and ultimately perishes.

Eg like air, either exist seperately within and without the body and not cling to any substance so is the spirit which is the foundation of all products of matter (such as the body and the senses) is distinct (from them ).

Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Vasantbhai, the Shreemad Bhagvatam Discourses are well described, I enjoyed the examples and expalnations given, you are commendable for the time and effort you take to post these lovely Gyan. Thanks again.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Pushitdasji, thanks a lot it is my pleasure to please all at KS.com but sometimes I wonder if vaishnavs are reading and are they enjoying it ? and sometimes I think if I should add more or not? But atleast you are enjoying it so I am happy.

The above discussion is actually basically on Mahat - tattva and other basic fundamental principles.

The best to describe same is the Lord Himself so let me add something from Shrimad Bhagwad Chapter 3 discourse 26.

The Lord says a man can be freed once and for all, from the modes of Prakrti.

I shall explain to you the nature of Knowledge in the form of Self Realization, which by cutting the knot of egotism existing in the heart, leads the Jiva to final beatitude so declare the wise.

The Purusa is no other than the Spirit, who is beginningless, devoid of attributes, existing beyond Prakrti (Matter), revealed in the hearts (of all beings) and self effulgent, nay, pevaded by whom the universe presents itself to our view. This all prevading Purusa accepted of his own free will the unmanifest divine Prakrti, consisting of the three Gunas, that sought him in her playful mood. (Already) abiding in Prakrti, the Purusa fell a play to her charms, that obcure knowledge, and forgot himself the moment he saw her evolving through her Gunas (Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas) progeny of various kinds with forms conforming to either of the three Gunas.

By identifying himself with Prakrti who is other than himself, the Purusa attributes the doership of actions which are being performed by the Gunas of Prakrti to himself. It is the feeling of doership which binds him to actions although (really speaking) he is mere witness and therefore a non - doer. And it is this bondage through action which makes him helpless (in the matter of pleasurable and painful experiences), although he is independent (in reality), and subjects him to repeated births and deaths even though he is blissful by nature.

The knowers of Truth recognize Prakrti as responsible for the identification of the soul with the body, with the senses and mind as well as with the agents (the deities presiding over the senses etc.) As for the experience of pleasure and pain they hold the Purusa (identifying himself with Prakrti) to be responsible, although (as a matter of fact) he is beyond Prakrti.

Another example of Mahat - Tattva gyan narrated in Shrimad Bhagwad is by Jud Bharata to King Rahugana.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Vasantji, we are reading your postings and we love them Smile Appreciate your hard work as it takes a long time to tranlsate these verses. Am learning a lot from your postings and hope that I will always be blessed with you'r satsang. Please do carry on

Thanks

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Sitalji, I am glad to know you are enjoying it. Here is part of the conversation that Jud Bharata told king Rahugana.

“So long as the mind of a man is dominated by Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas, it continues unchecked to yield him (a crop of) virtue or sin through his senses of perception and organs of action. This mind (which is conditioning vesture of the soul and therefore stands identified with it) is a storehouse of impressions (of virtuous and sinful actions), is attached to the pleasure of sense, tossed about by the three Gunas (modes of Prakrti) and hence liable to disturbances in the form of lust, anger and so on. It is the foremost among the sixteen constituents of the subtle body and (successively) clothing itself with diverse forms under different names, makes for a higher or lower form of life. Embracing (enveloping) the embodied soul connected with it, the mind which is an adjunct of the soul, brought forth by Maya (the deluding potency of the Lord), and which inveigles the soul into the whirlpool of birth and death --- yields at the proper time pleasure and pain and the other inevitable fruit different from both. (viz., insensateness). It is only then (so long as the mind exists) that these phenomena of the waking and dream states ever shine forth and continue to be perceived by the knowing subject. It is therefore that the knower of truth declare the mind to be the cause of the degraded state of mundane life (the state of being identified with the three Gunas or modes of Prakrti) as well as of the highest state of liberation (which lies beyond the realm of the three Gunas).

A mind attached to the pleasures of sense (which are modifications of the three Gunas) leads to misery (in the shape of birth and death). While that which is free from their influence makes the final beatitude. Even as a light so long as it consumes a wick soaked in clarified butter emits a flame crowned with soot, while at other times (when the butter has been consumed) it returns to its original (unmanifest) state, so does a mind attached to the objects of the sense as well as to actions flows in various (impure) currents, whereas it returns to its (pure) essence (the quality of Sattva) when it is no longer attached to them.

(Hence if a vaishnav's mind is only occupied with the thoughts of Shri Thakurji and His Lilas then our indriyas will auotmatically work in that direction of seva, smaran etc so one must always control the mind).

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you Vasanji that was a really good explanation, So when ones mind is soley thinking of Thakorji there sense automatically intune with there minds.

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Vasantji that was a really nice posting! Your postings are very enlightening and leave me with a lot to think about! It is lovely to know that my tamasi nature can result in attachment to maiya but that our lovely Shree Krishna is going to use that swabahav for his seva... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: