Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adhyaas
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Adhyaas Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Vallah Vaishnavs

There are 5 different types up illusion created to separate us from Thakorji, they are called Adhyaso. However, these same Adhyaso can also be used to obtain closeness with our beloved Thakorji. Can anyone name them and explain?

JSK
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

First Adhyaas is called Antakaran

Antakaran consists of; Chit, Ahanakar, Budhi, Man

Chit = Mind

Ahankar = Ego

Budhi = Intelligence

Budhi and Chit are on top level character, all of the first three make up Man

Antakaran adhyaas is used to understand things.

When there is an illusion you tend to get worked up and angry at other people really easily, however if you try and get out of your illusion your brain will tell you not to get angry and ask for forgiveness

The swabhav Tamas can enter into this adhyaas, which can be lokik and alokik Adhyaas. If this element of Antakaran Adhyaas sets into a personality or character then this person is known as Tamas.

Please vaishnavs feel free to correct any mistakes or add more comments.

Now can anyone explain the 2nd Adhyaas?! Wink

Last edited by Trusha on Tue May 23, 2006 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Trushaji, just wanted to elaborate on ego, explaining how it can be used in a materialistic and spiritual sense

EGO can divided into

• Adhi Bhautik
• Adhyatmic
• Adhidevic

Adhi Bhautik Example; Showing off about your family; my sister is better looking than you and she has the best choice in clothes. My father is the most intelligent man you will ever meet.

Adhyatmic Example; Being egoistic about pusthi literature that has been read and showing off. Putting the teacher down by saying they already knew this topic and could have told him a better version if asked

Adhidevic Example: My father is such a lovely vaishavs and with his association and Thakorji’s grace I feel that I can progress further and get closer to thakorji

From the above example’s one can see how this adhyaas can deviate oneself from Thakorji, but then that adhyaas is also a great tool to increase love for Thakorji.

Please vaishnavs do feel free to correct any mistakes

Next one please Question Rolling Eyes

Thanks
Pratik
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

The second adhyaash is praan-adhyaash which means life. Here, in lokik terms the soul is deluded in thinking that it is life but this is not the case as this is the illusion.

However, in alokik terms, the soul believes that it is living for Thakorji but then starts to think that it is Thakorji. This adhyaash corresponds with satwick bhav.

Please feel free to add or correct me as I feel that I have not fully explained this illusion... Embarassed

Jai Shree Krishna
Pratik
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Whilst I'm at it, I'll try and explain another one!

Another adhyaash is indhriadhyaash which is to do with the senses. When the soul enters the body, it believes that it is all the senses. So, when the body feels pain, the soul is illuded in thinking it is in pain. Rajas bhav is associated with this adhyaash.

I'm sure there is more to this so sorry Sitalji....please feel free to elaborate and correct!

Jai Shree Krishna
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

WOW... Nice to see you on satsang tibari Exclamation

I am looking forward to the many more I'm sure will come! Wink
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Hey....what a fast moving topic.....were loving it! Just wanted to add a few things.
I believe it is important to advocate giving a brief history and understanding inorder to understand the true purpose of these Adhyas. I dont know much but will share what little i do know so please feel free to add, correct and amend any mistakes. I dont know how or where Thakorji created these Adhyas from but i do know know that there are 6 parshat(elements of human pursuits:Gnan, Ashvariya, Viya, Veragya,Yash and Shree. The 7th is Dharmi. For a thorough, mindful and excellent explination refer to Gopi Geet and Pushtidasji's expliantions on page 4)
If one of these elements is used to cajole a vaishnav this called Varan.
When enticed, Thakorji uses these Adhyas to keep the vaishnav close to him by dangling the 5 Adhyas. As previously explained these illusions fall into lokik(materalistic realm..Earth) and alokik(spiritual) In sanskrit the word for illusions is BHRAM and these adhyas are often reffered to as panch parva avidhar: five difficulties. The 5 Adhyas are.. Antakaran, Pran, Indriyo, Deha and Swaroop Visamruti. In addition to Trushaji's thoughtful explination on Antakarn adhyas i thought i would add that Antakaran consists of:
Budhi: Intelligence
Aham: Egoism
Chit: the one who CONTROLS budhi
Ahankar: Is when both Budhi and Chit coincide and are working and at their peak, so the Vaishnav is in control of their mind, thoughts aided by their intelligence.
Maan: This is when chit, ahankar and budhi are present in the mind of a Vaishnav where by all qualities are present and active.
When maan, chit, ahankar, and Budhi are all present the jeev(soul) is globally labelled as Antakaran, they realise and feel from the inside their souls. They understand all other material factors as illusions. You realise that you are in the material lokik bhram(material illusion)
When the illusion of the material is gone Thakorji picks out the jeev(souls)
As for Pran Adhyas the direct translation of Pran is Life. So it is the illusion of life. When the soul inhabits a body it believs it is "living", that this is "IT" This is life....persuing a career having children, future ambitions the day to day monotonous routine of ones existence is "life". So effectively the lokik illusion is living life....."lifelessly!!!" You are not really living it because this isnt really real!
Alokikly the atmah(soul) thinks "i am living for God" , the illusion turns into "i AM God" and thinks it is parmatmah...so this becomes AHAM BHRAM(ego illusion)
Just to add a little on Pratikji's explination of Indriyo Ahdyas when the soul enters the body it believes these are its body parts....(this is my arm and this is my leg, this is my face these body parts constitute MY BODY) The body feels physical pain and physical feelings thus thinks "I AM IN PAIN" But this earthly body is not ones true entity! The bodily sense are actually seperate from the soul. When the body feels pain, or sadness the souls does NOT! It is only the material enses which stimulate the brain into thinkin "OUCHHH I, ME, MY BODY IS IN PAIN". To illustrate how this works with a very simple but clear and relatable analogy we can think of when we we may have acquired a paper cut but we dont actually feel the paint untill we look down and say "OOOO OUCH I DIDNT KNOW THAT WAS THERE...IT HURTS NOW" That is because senseS(indriyo) send messages to the brain stimulating the idea of PAIN! The soul however DOES feel DUKH(upset) because of seperation from Thakorji. In this way it can be used to aid in feeling the PANGS of seperation as we all so longinlgy wish to experience in its entirety.
SORRY for the long posting, it was not intentional but vaishnavs please feel free to amend any thing that strikes to be incorrect.... Thank you Very Happy Hey Toofani group... please explain the rest.... Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Sitalji, Nice query and beautiful explanation.

God is the master of Illusion (Maaya) and one who is lacking knowledge is ignorant and is entangled in (Maaya) illusion is the Jeeva. Although the Jeeva is enlightened, he is suffering. God is the manifestation of divine eternal happiness.

The Jeeva suffers from 4 types of worries -

*Ignorance of the real self.

*Dilemma between the real self and the physical entity(ego).

*Fear created out of reasoning and differentiation.

*Sorrow, Grief.

Waiting to learn furthur. And please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou Pratikji, Palnaji and Unnatiji………..Pratikiji it’s nice to see you on Tibari and am enjoying your postings.

Quick summary of Pratikji and Palnaji's explanations on Praanadhyaas and Indriya Adhyaas;

PRANAADYAS = LIFE

Life is basically what you make of it

Jadh means an entity without life

There is no actual life in life if one doesn’t have a direction

When a soul enters the body then they think they are life when in reality the soul and life are seperate. The soul creates life in the body when it enters and this process is known as Praanadhyaas

When Jeev enters body they think they are life, but it's actually the soul………the material body should be used as vehicle to reach god…Alokik Pranadhyaas = I am living for god and not to acquire wealth, self satisfaction, marriage children…etc etc

Indhriya Adhyaas = SENSES

The soul is separate from your body but you can use the senses for Thakorj:

1 Do Thakorji’s darshan with our eyes
2 Listen to Bhagvad varta with our ears
3 Do Thakorji and Vaishnav seva with our hands and feet

A battery cannot pretend he is the car- when we feel such and dukh it’s our Indriyo that feel it and not the soul

The souls happiness and un-happiness relates to Thakorji

The body is Bhautik and gets illusions with the senses

Next one please Cool

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

The fourth adhyaas is;

DEHADYAAAS

This is when you look in the mirror and think that outer exterior belongs to you. When in reality the outer exterior is just temporary vehicle. It’s an illusion and no-one can see its actual soul until you face Thakorji and you see your reflection on his chest

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou Palnaji, It’s so bizarre isn’t it vallah vaishnavs that when we look into the mirror the outer exterior doesn’t belong to us. We are constantly serving our bodily needs and with time the body ages. Growing old is part of the drama of being in such a body, we are forced to witness these changes in our looks and then one day we will leave this temporary vehicle. So even if you have worked for all your desires and put yourself into a position where you want to be, the body itself will in time deteriorate and the soul will have to leave the body

Therefore, in and alokik sense our attachment should be based on the divine knowledge of the soul. We are the soul’s that belong to Thakorji (Atma belongs to Parmaatma)

Please correct me if I’m wrong

JSK
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

The fifth Adhyaas is Swaroop Vismruti. Forget ones alokik form. Vismruti means forget.

The soul forgets his destiny and his form in kunj. Also forgets Thakorji. The earthly body is very important to the soul. This is known as Swaroop Vismruti.

Swaroop Vismruti occurs when baby sucks mothers milk for the first time and when caught in maya.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks to everyone’s contribution, these 5 adhyaso have been covered Cool

Astitva - Our existence is based upon these illusions and these are the elements that can take us away from Thakorji. If you actually think you are this material body then you will also think that the life you lead and the temporary play you are in is your reality.

To more you get entangled into the materialistic world, you deviate yourself from Thakorji.

However, all these 5 Adyaso can be utilised to devote oneself to Thakorji and attain closeness. This is where the Nirgun characteristics seep in

Vaishnavs please feel free to elaborate as we deal with these Adhyaso daily in our lives, and it would be nice to read your comments

Thanks

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Well Sitalji this was a nice topic I really enjoyed it.

Thanks everyone for such a nice participation.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well done everyone, good subject. Please note that we have five Mahabhuto (elements) which forms the physics of a human body, in fact of every living thing on earthis made of these five elements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: