Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balbodh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Wow! It was not only beautifully described but excellent posting by Pushtidasji. Thanks for your efforts.

Unnatiji's co-operation was also very well done Thanks.

All vaishnavs co-operation and involvement made it more interesting too.

So Thank you all. But dont you vaishnav ladies want the pocket version? for your purse?

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Vasantbhai, you must have read my mind as I was also thinking on the line of Pocket size Balbodh and as I have already compiled it, I would like to put it here with your graceful permission though.. here it is. And please Vasantbhai do not shy away, please put your version also, this way all vallabhi can have two-fold manan.

The short essence of Balbodh

After bowing to ever so Sachidananda Swaroop (all blissful Hari), I (Shree Vallabh) now explain the essence of all the teachings, with essential backup, to those souls who are young on the spiritual path. (1)

According to Sages, there are four pursuits of human life; dharma (duty), wealth, desire and liberation. These teachings have been considered by Jiva as well as God. (2)

The Vedas have already addressed the divine reality in terms of how to attain it as well as the object of that attainment. The four pursuits of life also have been proclaimed by sages (Jiva) living in the world according to the teachings they received from God. (3)

At this point I will explain the goal that has been revealed by Sages. The Vedas have explained the divine reality and in its doctrines have already explained the way of attaining three pursuits of life, namely dharma, wealth and Kaam (erotics). As these three pursuits have covered in this way, I will not discuss them here. (4-4½)

In lokik (this world) there are four traditions concerning liberation, (the fourth pursuit). These four traditions are self-effort (two) and other two paths take the assistance of God. These four traditions concerning liberation are of two schools and both Yoga and Sankhiya have been mentioned as the two schools whereby self-effort can produce the liberated state. The Sankhiya system teaches external renunciation where as the eight-fold Yoga does not promote the external renunciation as in Sankhiya. (5-6)

With Sankhiya system, it is deemed spiritually accomplished when souls become forever free of all of their errors and mistaken identifications relating 'ahanta' and 'mamta', that is, 'me and mine'. Once the souls acquired this state, they become established in their true form. (7)

The actual methods for Sankhiya liberation have been revealed in certain part of Purans. Even enlightened sages have revealed about liberation in many different ways and the final reward that sages refer to is the same. It remains the same as long as it doesn't contradict Vedic traditions and conditions. [8]

With atyag (renunciation), in the Path of Yoga, renunciation is not external, but is done inwardly with the mind. For the practitioner to become accomplished, the practitioner has to practice the eight-fold methods of knowing what to do, what to avoid, breathing control, sitting properly, focus, meditation, concentration and total absorption (Samadhi, taap) must all be perfected in this Yoga.(9)

There are also two-fold liberation path that is 'paratah' (relies on the help of others) that is either Vishnu or Shiva. The liberation Path of paratah is recognised in Vedic literature. And I (Vallabh) say this, that the Creator Brahma is worshipped only by Brahmins in order to perfect their Brahmanism. Therefore Brahma is not resorted to for liberation, although there are few instances of Brahma awarding it. (10)

The souls who desire to attain liberation with the help of another, both Shiva and Vishnu have been known to be their benefactor in the world. Vishnu is the sustainer of creation and Shiva is the destroyer and this is revealed by both as such in their own scriptures. (11)

As explained above, all the pursuits cannot be bestowed by Brahmaji. So without doubt, Supreme Brahm is Shiva and Vishnu and both have declared as the Self of all things. (12)

It is also described in Shiva-Pashupat and Vishnu Narad Panchratra scriptures as flawless and replete with divine virtues. Although both are able to award enjoyment and liberation, it is quite clear that Shiva gives enjoyment while Vishnu gives liberation. (13-13 ½)

A powerful personality in the world does not give away that which he cherishes most (except on rare occasion and even then), he would only give someone very dear to Him. (14 – 14 ½)

As Shiva's greatest assets is liberation (Moksha) and Vishnu's great joy is enjoyment (Bhog) with Laxshmi ji, so Shiva gives Bhog and Vishnu gives or rather awards liberation. This way they reward their bhakta who have taken their refuge. As Vishnu and Shiva each have their own specific practices and their bhaktas adhere to in order to attain their respective rewards. If Vishnu and Shiva had to reward which they are not accustomed of, then it is very difficult for them to do so. (15 -15 ½)

Souls are by their nature full of sins (that is impure). In order to steer clear from these impurities, a soul has to follow NAVDHA BHAKTI (practice devotional listening and other appropriate spiritual practices).With these practices everything becomes accomplished and when love arises from these efforts all attainment in this world and spiritual world becomes proficient. So it is very clear that liberation is easily attained from Vishnu and similarly, enjoyment (bhog) is readily granted by Shiva. (16 – 17)

A bhakta (practitioner) will certainly attain the dignified position of tadiyatva (belonging) to Him when there is Tadashrayaha (Self-dedication). In the state of not achieving tadiyatva, one should take His shelter and feel that one belongs to Him while observing at least some dharma practices that are described for that particular time and period in one's life. (1Cool

If a bhakta does not attend these merit of tadiyatva and Tadashrayaha then one's burden will be two-fold, in other words one's sins are increased in two-fold. (19)

In this way, by understanding all the sidhant (principles) I (Vallabh) have said in this teachings, then Bhram (confusion) concerning Pursharth (pursuits) of life will never surface. (19 ½)
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, thats very worth. Thanx for the beautiful essence of Balbodh.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Wow! Thank you Pushtidasji, that was very much easy to understand and very well summed up. A query.....
During the wonderful postings I once queried what relevance Bal Bodh has to a Pushtimarg Vaishnav, it seems apparent that it aids in describing and highlighting what the Bal (child) in Pushtimarg does not need to focus on. I have heard many vaishnavs disregard Bal Bodh and not give it precedence in Pushtimarg writings, but it seems from your rendition it is a very useful guidline. We would be very greatful if you could expand on how relevant it is for vaishnavs and its importance.

Quote:
Also you have explained earlier that Bal Bodh is not for the literal child, but the child who is newly born in Pushtimarg so it is for any new vaishnav in the path of grace at any time in history. How do we apply these principles to life today?? How do we apply these principles to life today?? and if we do not fully achieve the state of Sankhiya-yoga does that mean one would not achieve complete liberation
A quote from my previous question.

On brief discussion with yourself i took from it that we actually do Sankhiya-yoga unknowingly.
Asana- we sit in a certain position when doing Yamunastak,
Pranayama -Breathing in, holding breath and then breathing out. A vaishnav may do this when thinkin about Kanudo.
"AHHHH (deep breath in, hold it) Your SOOOO SWEET!(deep breath outward)
etc..... With all 8 Sankhiya Yogas.
So does it still apply, even if a vaishnav id doing the Yoags unconciously?
JAI SHREE KRISHNA! and THANK YOU very VERY much for all the effort yourself, Unnatiji and Vasantji have gone through to give such beatiful explanations of bal Bodh. Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Palnaji, read the last paragraph of Balbodh and see if your answer is in that summing. I think Shree Vallabh has summed up this for Pushti Jiva. I invite all the vaishnavs to put their thoughts about Balbodh and what they have understood in these postings. It will be interesting to hear from every one.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you very much for the Balbodhtree Vasantbhai. Well, Adminji specially prepared this chart and I am oblidged to let this flow in the tibari. Thanks Vasantbhai.

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Pushtidasji, the chart was prepared by ardent vaishnav Unnatiji so the credit should go to her.

Well done Unnatiji.

Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks for drawing my attention, I assumed that it was Vasantbhai as I received the table via e-mail from him. Sorry Unnatiji. Well done Unnatiji, you are the star. Thanks.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, Thanx for the kind words and no need to appologize. Actually i tried to put the chart but was unable. And i was having Vasantji's E-mail id so i forwarded him to put here as he is admin. Smile
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK

Thankyou Pusthidasji, Unnatiji for the Summary and Chart. Excellent summary and a new comer in Pusthimarg can easily identify if this path is the right one for them or whether they should explore one of the other avenues.

Thanks

JSK
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Unnatiji for word by word summary and the chart.

Pushtidasji, thank you for the wonderful explantion, which was easy to understand and for the pocket (purse) size Balbodh. Hey Palnaji, it will fit nicely in your handbag with your little Kanudo.....hehehe.

The conclusion is that if you did not have any direction then you will at least know which road to take when you read the Balbodh. In Balbodh, Shree Vallabh has said that this is for the Jiva who is still thinking what direction to take. We have Shiva and Vishnu, and we have Moksha and Bhog.

What really counts, that once you have taken the direction then you can decide what route is for you. If you are in Pushtimarg then these Moksha and Bhog does not matter. Shree Vallabh said that the Navdha Bhakti will achieve much more than these pursuits everyone is trying to seek.

In the end Tadiyatva and Tadashraya, these are only way to go for and rest will follow.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Pushtidasji, as per your request here is my mini version.

Balbodh as the name suggest is intended as exhortation to juniors in spiritual life. It was taught to Shri Narayandas and refers to four ends of human life as taught in Vedas and also by sages.

They are Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha, destitute of these purposes life has no significance. The first three are referred to Smriti works by others while Moksha is the real goal by aspirants of spiritual life as proposed by Shri Vallabh.

There are two types of Moksha one by own self like Samkhya and Yoga and the other by Lord Vishnu and Shiva. the first one is the way of Tyaga or renunciation of all desires and freedom from I-ness and mine-ness also the Yoga requires inner and mental renunciation and practise discipline. Both being difficult and full of perils so the best one is by getting salvation from Gods (Shiva and Vishnu)

As human beings, men's efforts, however supreme, are able to hindrances and frustration, but what seems difficult to attain by self help will be easily attainable if God's do favour. Shiva can give happiness but not salvation so to get salvation one must worship Vishnu but Shri Vallabh does not recommend this path to the Pushti souls who only depend on Grace of Shri Thakurji as these Pushti souls are or higher type then Maryada souls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: